Hey guys need some help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, by adding the center diff, you add front/rear brake bias and you can also tune your front/rear power transfer via diff oil. Center diffs add a lot by way of performance in the corners and off the line. When you peg the throttle with a center diff, instead of your truck pulling a wheelie on the track, weight transfers to the rear, the front comes up and the front tires spin faster than the rears until the entire truck catches up in momentum. Which, but changing diff oils, you can control how much wheel spin you get in the front.

which shocks should I get? I am going to run the MT class.

So can anyone tell me what part number to do the FOC is.

Cool! Let me know how the FOC goes? Been debating putting one in myself. I don't race, but it has been said that the conversion helps with power because of less rotating mass. I ask myself, "Just how much mass can there possibly be inside that tranny case?"

I ask myself, "Just how much mass can there possibly be inside that tranny case?"

You would be surprised. I helped a buddy of mine put the FOC in his LST2 and it made the truck just seem quicker in general. Quicker to get it moving and to stop it. Made it quite noticeably more snappy off the line.

I had forgot about it until I met another guy late last year with a bone stock LST2 and seeing/hearing them side by side really set it in stone for me. The stock version seemed more labored in general.

Even my aftershock with it's trans and stock engine was more snappy than the stock LST2. Seeing my AS run next to his LST2 is what made him do the change. Considering he was using his reverse/forward servo for t/b duties (the other burned up) and he had a ziptie holding his shifter rod in place, he realized he didn't really use reverse anyway.

I had forgot about it until I met another guy late last year with a bone stock LST2 and seeing/hearing them side by side really set it in stone for me. The stock version seemed more labored in general.

I still use reverse from time to time but only so I don't have to walk over and pick it up. I was thinking about the FOC for the exact reasons you point out. Thanks, Bryan!

I am in the situation that RC Addict I use it a little but it helps alot. I dont walk as far =less falling for me but I want the difference in the performance. Also with so much inside the tranny is it very difficult to ddo the FOC? I talked to my buddy a little yesterday but he was busy working on the traxck.I wanted to find out if reverse was against racing rules.

I am almost positive that reverse will not be allowed, but that does vary from track to track I suppose. From the reading I have done the FOC isn't hard to do at all. The directions are precise.

Basically you go from this:

bfm8mv.jpg

To this:

308a6ig.jpg

Last edited:
you have no low?is it single speed?what about the spurs?Do you also take out the One way bearing?

Last edited:
Skip that. The two speed is on the outside. That remains. You just loose the low gear selection. Two speed high gear! SORRY!!!

Last edited:
what about the one way? I have been reading on installing the FOC some. There are a lot of folks that are saying that the main difference they have seen if any have been off the line. But then the regular tranny runs the same on a drag race or even racing the two.I think having ran FOC trannys and regular trannys.But tthis was also T MAXX, the FOC is a bit mor touchy when it comes to leaving the line. Or I guess peppy. :)

The OWB or the slipper? I have to agree with Byran--it is all about less rotating mass. You launch better and have less drag on the drivetrain.

The slipper will stay as it is part of the two speed gear-set, and I sure wouldn't want to push that 13 pounds around without one to save my tranny!

The slipper will stay as it is part of the two speed gear-set, and I sure wouldn't want to push that 13 pounds around without one to save my tranny!

Actually, on another LST specific forum I frequent, there's a guy that makes an adapter just for that. It replaces the external two speed with a hub and spur to make it have one gear. It's specifically for racing. If you gear the rig right and have a potent engine, a single speed is all you need at a specific track.

For bashing though, two speeds is fun. IMHO, 4 speeds (like a stock LST* trans) is just overkill... that low gearing had to be super hard on diffs and axles.

the guys were at the track this afternoon.And I can practice next week. The track has two sets of doubles and then one big two and a half or three foot tall and three or so feet wide like a table top.. And I can keep reverse but can't use it. But I think I might do the FOC on my rig just so I want have as much stuff to break on me. Its not real big but its been set up good. The oval track hhas had all the dirt shifted so there are no rocks in it.

What part do I need as far as teeth go?If I wanted a set up like he has made how do I get in touch with him? Is the n427 with a good tune on it able enough?

Also what is the best skid for the front?I have the team losi skid in the center that covers the stinger.

Stock is fine on the front. Never had a real issue with it. The center is a good idea though. I ripped my exhaust off the truck and bent my trans input shaft before buying one. Apparently I need a lot of convincing! ;)

Back