HPI Vorza S FLUX RTR 1/8 4WD Electric Brushless Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phm14

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
Hey guys, I have a new HPI Vorza S Inbound. I'm seeing reports that this RTR truggy is under sprung, and does not include droop screws. The servo issues with the base Vorza don't seem to be as much of an issue, with the "S" variant. I'll try the stock radio, but I may spring for another Futaba receiver, so I can upgrade the stock Tx/Rx, if need be. This truck will be used for track practice, and occasional use around the neighborhood. No "extreme" bashing destruction anticipated. Anyone know of any other common issues, that might warrant further upgrades? Tires/wheels will be changed for track. I have a Tekno ET48 2.0 that I'll build, as soon as I find the time. This Vorza S will serve to reduce wear and tear on the Tekno truggy. Thanks in advance. :)

Looks like HW motor & ESC. Nice to not have to replace those, right away. :)
Wanting to pick up some springs to try. Suggestions?

Thats the first I'm seeing this rig. Looks great, I've been looking for an excuse to buy something... 😍

Looks like the front hubs may be a weak point:
These are the only front hub upgrades I'm finding. $37 shipped on a slow boat from china: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256017105981?hash=item3b9bcf043d:g:CBQAAOSwzaRkGS02&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4BGcBc/+ZpuePy6A7UvdZAuLwmdxVzS49hmrPBFtnprA7a/81lRYnQhQKeSqKgAuBdhFWih/dCt9vB+Py47O+rLpg3cDe6+EArMBrmiFIkfA9UHBfAxa6QjhDr/2NuLCWvZboPfG7+fUrmz9MfusZEDhM8fNpQLbTQNGF9OhWSunkJgFEyKFQO2e0M5TTj3qcZXYsK25i0tGlPP0gHMskEWhNaeLTQ5cElihxaY2zhQQkUVb3Bo+uTExBCMRhwi/IVgLeI8QFJ5MKiet0YmJPKG87PerRkOij1ZmnXAL1JFl|tkp:BFBMtu2cxvxi
If the hubs and springs are all I have to replace on this RTR, I'm cool with that. Having to replace crap motors, servos, and ESCs, out of the box, on a "RTR", never gets old. ;)

Last edited:
Looks like the front hubs may be a weak point:
These are the only front hub upgrades I'm finding. $37 shipped on a slow boat from china: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256017105981?hash=item3b9bcf043d:g:CBQAAOSwzaRkGS02&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4BGcBc/+ZpuePy6A7UvdZAuLwmdxVzS49hmrPBFtnprA7a/81lRYnQhQKeSqKgAuBdhFWih/dCt9vB+Py47O+rLpg3cDe6+EArMBrmiFIkfA9UHBfAxa6QjhDr/2NuLCWvZboPfG7+fUrmz9MfusZEDhM8fNpQLbTQNGF9OhWSunkJgFEyKFQO2e0M5TTj3qcZXYsK25i0tGlPP0gHMskEWhNaeLTQ5cElihxaY2zhQQkUVb3Bo+uTExBCMRhwi/IVgLeI8QFJ5MKiet0YmJPKG87PerRkOij1ZmnXAL1JFl|tkp:BFBMtu2cxvxi
If the hubs and springs are all I have to replace on this RTR, I'm cool with that. Having to replace crap motors, servos, and ESCs, out of the box, on a "RTR", never gets old. ;)
To be fair, that was a bit of a bad landing.

Seems to fair better here. Needed locktite on the pinion grub screw:

To be fair, that was a bit of a bad landing.
He might not think that landing was bad but I would not expect to drive away from a landing like that.

I wish I had some sort of park around here like this guy is at that I could run my RCs on!

Last edited: