I need your guys's help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trucked

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey yall. I git a redcat volcano s30. Having an issue with the throttle. The metal cylindrical peice/slide for the carb keeps getting stuck. I've tried almost everything I can think of. The plastic arm will move but not the slide for the throttle. Can someone help me so I can run this thing good?

Welcome in @trucked , sounds like you might have to take it apart and clean it.
It could be some dirt got up in there and is locking it up.
Also if you are using the Redcat transmitter check the throttle trim, It could have been turned down.

Last edited:
Sounds like the plastic arm is stripped. Or loose. Remove it and inspect it. There should be some sort of pattern inside. Half moon or something. If it's rounded out, it's stripped. If the motor got too hot it could have melted it. Replace it or find a way to get it to grab.

If the idle screw is in too far it blocks the slider

Welcome in @trucked , sounds like you might have to take it apart and clean it.
It could be some dirt got up in there and is locking it up.
Also if you are using the Redcat transmitter check the throttle trim, It could have been turned down.
Thats what I was thinking. But I feel like there is one very important detail. The fact is brand spanking new so I don't see it getting dirty

Then I would check the trim on your transmitter.

Thats what I was thinking. But I feel like there is one very important detail. The fact is brand spanking new so I don't see it getting dirty
Upload a video of what it is doing to YouTube and paste the link in a reply here. That will get you a quicker answer.

That certainly wouldn't hurt.
Sorry I couldn't point you in the right direction.

Upload a video of what it is doing to YouTube and paste the link in a reply here. That will get you a quicker answer.
I've got no clue why it does it. I've tried tightening the nut adjust everything fiddlesticking brake ckean and nothing works. Tightening the nut worked but it doesn't go back and when It does go back (rather force, brake, or spring) it stays wide open

I'm not a nitro man but you can clearly see that the arm that moves the throttle isnt moving . pull end off that moves arm is it stripped or loose ?

I think @tntpoof is right. That arm should be keyed to that shaft so it isn't just the nut keeping the two parts timed. Something must be stripped on that assembly. But I am no nitro guy either. You say this is new? Can you return it?

Maybe some nitro guys will chime in.
@Chubaka @cbaker65

I'm not a nitro man but you can clearly see that the arm that moves the throttle isnt moving . pull end off that moves arm is it stripped or loose ?
It's brand spanking new and tore it apart and it's fine

It's brand spanking new and tore it apart and it's fine
So if you tighten this nut it doesn't move?
Screenshot_20240325_174649.jpg

I would think the hole through that arm should be keyed, like this.
Untitled152_20240325175027.png

And the shaft should have a flat spot ground on it. If it doesn't, that's just dumb. But maybe it doesn't. Pics of it disassembled would help.

That's what I said from the get go. You can clearly see the nut doesn't move several times. Either stripped or needs a washer to clamp it tighter.

Seen it happen numerous times.

That's what I said from the get go. You can clearly see the nut doesn't move several times. Either stripped or needs a washer to clamp it tighter.

Seen it happen numerous times.
Yeah, I didn't read all the replies. So that is a plastic arm? 🤐

Yeah, I didn't read all the replies. So that is a plastic arm? 🤐
Yes. Usually with a half moon cut out. He said it was new. But, it usually happens from the motor getting too hot. I've seen them loosen up and strip too.

If he gets a new one, install it and move it by hand before connecting the servo. Just to make sure something else isn't binding. It doesn't just strip on it's own.

Yes. Usually with a half moon cut out. He said it was new. But, it usually happens from the motor getting too hot. I've seen them loosen up and strip too.

If he gets a new one, install it and move it by hand before connecting the servo. Just to make sure something else isn't binding. It doesn't just strip on it's own.
Wow. Why in the hell would anybody make that out of plastic??? 🤦‍♂️

Cost, I suppose. Been done like that for years on the cheaper motors. If set up correctly, not much torque on it.
Yeah, guess that makes sense. But probably just about as cheap to make it out of atamped steel. Especially in China.