Hey guys need some help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
selling the lst and buying a truggy??

honestly you would have to replace the whole chassis, and everything connected to it..

a truggy is basically a buggy with big tires, (truck+buggy=truggy)

I agree with beason. It is next to impossible to convert a MT to a truggy. Not the same animal at all.

I've seen people do custom chassis, and mount up MT arms and drivetrain, but its a lot of work. the one i saw was a savage with a pan chassis.

I think really to be a truggy, it has to be a single speed MT with a center diff.

To lower the stance and change the suspension to be more "truggy like" you can get muggy towers and shocks. That will flatten it out a bit. Then get front/rear anti-sway bars to keep it level.

To do a center diff would require a lot more effort than I'd be willing to do, but really you just need to rearrange the top deck to have the engine running parallel with the chassis and install a center diff w/brakes out of a truggy/buggy.

But why I was asking some guys that I no are building two dirt tracks near by :) . But one is oval and one is a track with jumps and all that fun stuff. But they are not going to have a MT class they do not think, but a truggy one. Therefore I am going to need a truggy to participate. They (Richard) wants me to sell my LST2 and build a Jammin truggy out of his parts. He has a trailer with parts And has been racing for a long while. The other guys all have been running truggies for awhile also. Its crazy I want to start racing but I just got my Losi.

If you have the resourses I would keep the LST2 and build a truggy. If you don't, then it is decision time--do you sell the LST2 or keep it? Good luck, bro!

Thanks, thats very true.I have to sell the LST if I want a truggy.There is no way around it.I have spent so much on the rigs I have had like the T Maxx I had a couple of years ago.I bought a house last October and I am also a 35 year old full time student with two kids and a wife that comes first.But I have been checking out the muggy by Losi and I could try that but then I would need the center diff.Man this is tough,but damn I want to RACE.Any body have a NICE truggy for a NICE LST2. I laugh but I am crying inside :)

ok guys part numbers jennys RC has the muggy center diff,muggy shock shafts that I willl use with stock LST2 bodies and shock towers what else guys????? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Sounds like ti may end up being pretty cool. I run a Jammin truggy and I love it. VERY solid ride. Handles great too. By the way did you ever get a charger?

Any body have a NICE truggy for a NICE LST2.

No, but I'd gladly take the NICE LST2 from ya.......for a hamburger Tuesday !:hehe::p:
Bummer, I thought I could help you out.....I have a set + 1 of stock LST2/Aftershock shock towers, SORRY......I tried !;):D

Sounds like ti may end up being pretty cool. I run a Jammin truggy and I love it. VERY solid ride. Handles great too. By the way did you ever get a charger?

I want to build one also.I am going to sell 2 amps out of my truck and my screens.I have 2 7 inch LCD'sto start gettiing parts!! Anyone need screens?:)

I didnt get a different charger. But I got some money pawning stuff and so I am getting the towers and muggy shafts to use in mt stock LST2 shock bodies,I have read I am able to.There is going to be a MT class but I do not no for how long.So I will change shafts and towers then if somebody wants help out (hint ,hint) and figure out thr center diff with me Taz, OLDS,RC ADDICT,Frickenjoey,etc.

Well, your going to either have to make a new entire top deck to mount the engine properly or at least put a plate on it. Honestly, it would be easier to go find some 3mm aluminum plate, use your topdeck as a template for the chassis rail/bulkhead holes and servos, then figure out what you need to do to get the center diff mounted up.

After thinking about it a bit, it may be best to mount the center diff on the lower chassis plate. It may make things easier to line up as far as engine/cb and brake linkage is concerned. It will also put the center axles close to the same plane as the diff cups to reduce wear and torque breaking of the cvd's.

Then your going to have to find cvd's that will work. Or, figure out the length you need and contact RC alloys to fab you some up some dog bones, then figure out some diff cups for the center input shaft on the front/rear diffs.

So, I would start by making my own top deck. Then piece it together from there. Gear ratio between the CB/spur may become an issue. I believe the muggy is geared lower in the diffs and in stock form, it runs a 13T CB. But many have better luck with clutches lasting when they drop the CB down to 12T. Which would mean you will probably need to get muggy diffs or even with a 12T, you will be running too high of a ratio to not eat up clutch shoes.

Would it be easier to build this up on a Muggy chassis? Just looking around, and found that a Muggy chassis would run ya $70. Top plate is $10. Chassis braces are $15 each. Servo tray/stand-offs is $13. Dunno if that would be easier for you are harder. Olds is right--mounting that center diff on the LST chassis is gonna be a pain in the neck if you don't mount it on the lower plate...

Plus, are you going to have to go with the Muggy's fuel tank in order to make tech???

Last edited:
The problem with the muggy chassis is that it bends like a banana after a few decent big air jumps. Even the hard anno'd one. A buddy of mine has it.

By the time you get muggy diffs, center spur assembly, chassis, engine mount, fuel tank... might as well have gone with a muggy in the first place.

Yeah, you are right. Guess it's time to engineer a mounting plate for that center diff!

What about the LST fuel tank? Is it too big for the class specs?

I think the aftershock/LST1 tank is 125 or 150 cc, which should be small enough. It has a recess in the bottom so you can put a 4aa pack under the tank... not sure that was thought through really well, but there is a recess eating up some tank capacity.

Back