Help! I’m dumb!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I need help dumbing down the 4s1p lipo to 4s2p lipo. Not that intelligent here. Lol. I bought cnhl 5600 120c 4s2p lipos not paying attention. I’m just wondering if I should return them and get 4s1p as in all my other batteries r1p’s. So I guess my question is is there a difference and tell me like ur talking to 5 year old.

There, there, little Aaron, everything will be ok.

The 4s2p just has 2 cells in parallel four times in series... that still makes it a 4s battery. Send it!

The 4s2p just has 2 cells in parallel four times in series... that still makes it a 4s battery. Send it!

And send it I will. Now do they charge the same

Yup, to your charger and ESC they look the same as a "regular" 4s.

Ok so what is the diff then. Nothing just how they r put together in other words.

Yup, they can stick 2 cells in parallel and it acts as a single cell twice the capacity.

See this is where I need u to talk to me like I’m 5! I get the twice capacity but it’s still a 4s @14.8 volts. Where is the more capacity. I’ve read that u get more volts. But then u would need to charge different to get the more volts. Please help. I’m so confused. Thank u for being patient

It's eight 2800mAh cells in there. Two of them in parallel make one 5600 1s. Four of those in series make a 4s(2p) 5600! Ta-daaa 😁

Ok nino brown. Lol. One more question. Does it affect performance. Like is one better then the other
So the only thing is different is weight and how it’s made. Basically?

1686584916430.jpeg

Same principle, just showing 2S pack...
1686585409176.png

https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html ....
1686585483339.png

Ok. I think I got it now. I appreciate ur help guys. For real. Thanks

Yeah, I had a problem with buying 2P configured LiPo packs because there is no way to tell individual cell health. I had no other option but to breakdown and buy a shorty pack... they were all 2S2P. Four years later, that same pack is still in use.

I was also skeptical of 2p packs, thinking that double the cells = double the chance of failure... Didn't even look when I ordered some 6200 3s 100c CNHLs, when they came I realised they're 2p. So far so good.

Yeah, I had a problem with buying 2P configured LiPo packs because there is no way to tell individual cell health. I had no other option but to breakdown and buy a shorty pack... they were all 2S2P. Four years later, that same pack is still in use.
Ok with that said would u return them and get 1p’s. I’m a basher if that matters.

They r pretty thou

IMG_5967.jpeg

Nino did u delete ur last comment. Lol.
Geez a 250c burst. That can’t b right lol

Last edited:
When you have two batteries (2P) in parallel you get twice the current capacity. That's why they claim 250C; although, 250C would be 1400A, which I'm skeptical of.

Thanks guys

Ok with all that info which r the best bang for ur buck…Rcbattery.com
Liperior and Liperior Pro are definitely toward the top of the list. So is SMC, Regular Turnigy, Zippy Compact, CNHL G+ Series as well as their Parallel series.

The main thing to focus on imho is Voltage Under Load (VUL). Find the battery with the highest VUL that is in your price range.

Yea I get they r all at the top sir but I am a basher so like I said best bang for ur buck liperior. I do have 2 3s packs from them and I love em. Thank man. I appreciate ur help and the time and effort I put into that battery info.

Back