Guys I am ridiculous I can’t pick you guys vote

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Pick the better beginner car I’ll get either of them but I’m leaning more towards the Gen7

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What one for a starter crawler I like the SCX24 but it’s to small for me and I like the Redcat Gen7 its a good size just not the best size for travel

Honestly, I'm confused as to how much room you need for a 1/10 crawler.
I would go with the SCX24 all day long.

Both vehicles will be absolutely fine for a beginner. As a matter of fact, any crawlers will be absolutely fine for beginners. Crawlers are purposely slow moving machines. For this reason, the learning curve is very, very low. Even if you ran them full speed into a wall, there's not likely to be any damage. Even if they take a straight drop from 2ft up, it's unlikely going to cause any detrimental damages.
A 1/10 scale will need big space. Crawling around in your backyard over your wood pile will get boring very, very quickly. Most people's backyard are perfect for a 1/24.
However, in your case, it's going to come down to budget. You simply don't have the budget, at this point, to be able to modify and truly enjoy a 1/10 to it's full potential.
Members here have been recommending, over and over, for you to get an SCX24. There's a reason for that. They are outstanding crawling machines!

Alright listen I have a ton of logs we already went over that but behind my house there are jumps and next to the jumps there’s a perfect 1/10 crawler track and also behind my house there’s a bunch of rock and sand piles which would be perfect for 1/10 so that’s really why I’m leaning more 1/10
And also my local hobby shop ( wreckless hobbies ) has a 1/10 crawler track so that’s so much leaning towards the 1/10

Alright listen I have a ton of logs we already went over that but behind my house there are jumps and next to the jumps there’s a perfect 1/10 crawler track and also behind my house there’s a bunch of rock and sand piles which would be perfect for 1/10 so that’s really why I’m leaning more 1/10
And also my local hobby shop ( wreckless hobbies ) has a 1/10 crawler track so that’s so much leaning towards the 1/10
Fine, you have the space. Do you feel you'll have the budget to modify and/or make repairs for a 1/10?
If the answer is truly yes, then get the 1/10 and let's stop with all the polls and similar threads.

But you can just as easily make a 1/24 course using the same exact locations, with the added bonus of being able to still set up a course indoors when the weather won't allow you to go out and run your rc.

If your heart is set on a 1/10 scale, go for it. But you will have to be patient. Upgrades will be significantly more expensive. A basic crawler would be fine to learn, but you sound like you want a bunch of upgrades right off the bat. Honestly, I think this is more of an impulse buy than something you really, really, want.

No it’s something I really want I need a new hobbie in rc cars and I think crawling would be more fun than drifting and stuff like that

Ok, then if your sure. Crawling is cheaper in the long run because there are less repairs. But most of your expense comes from upgrades. I recommend running it, getting a feel for it, before running out and spending money on upgrades. Just because that's what everyone else says is the best doesn't mean you have to have it right away. You will appreciate the upgrades more if you add them one at a time and can see and feel the difference each upgrade makes. Enjoy the process and learn as you go.

Yep all I wanted to upgrade at first is make it have rear steer to because the full turn radius isn’t the best and upgrade the servos because it’s cheaper to buy 2 upgrades than another stock one

I guess my question should have been, how much room do you need to travel with a 1/10?
A decent amount depending on the car like my slash is low but a crawler it higher
But it also depends on your car if you have a truck its easy and same for a suv cars on the other hands is a little more tricky

I would remove the wheels for added space if need be.
Honestly, I own both the Gen 7 and a couple 1/24s. But then again, I can put fifty rigs in my truck....:p

24 vs 10. I consider the 1/10 to be a real rc. I classify the 24 as play toys. Buying a 1/24 is adding a toy. Getting a 1/10 is a rig.

24 vs 10. I consider the 1/10 to be a real rc. I classify the 24 as play toys. Buying a 1/24 is adding a toy. Getting a 1/10 is a rig.
You take that back right now! You are dangerously close to being unfriended! 🤣

Back