Guys I am ridiculous I can’t pick you guys vote

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Pick the better beginner car I’ll get either of them but I’m leaning more towards the Gen7

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/10 hot wheels would be sick I bet someone can 3d print on or do the metal printing thing 😂 i dont know what I’m talking about
Thing would be tiny. Is a matchbox the same size as a hot wheel? I think that was a car too.
They already make them.

Attachments

• 4C71EC56-2BE3-470B-A9E4-9001585FD67B.png
    4C71EC56-2BE3-470B-A9E4-9001585FD67B.png
    310.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 1107704F-D429-4A5A-AEEC-B9C49F55BC0D.png
    1107704F-D429-4A5A-AEEC-B9C49F55BC0D.png
    683.9 KB · Views: 21
24 vs 10. I consider the 1/10 to be a real rc. I classify the 24 as play toys. Buying a 1/24 is adding a toy. Getting a 1/10 is a rig.
I've accumulated 3 nice 1/10 scaled crawlers, all within the past 10 months, and for the past 4 months, the only things I want to grab and play with are my 5 SCX24s.
I consider my 1/24s, 1/10s, 1/8s, guns, swords, and knives....ALL toys!
0615211729a.jpg

Both vehicles will be absolutely fine for a beginner. As a matter of fact, any crawlers will be absolutely fine for beginners. Crawlers are purposely slow moving machines. For this reason, the learning curve is very, very low. Even if you ran them full speed into a wall, there's not likely to be any damage. Even if they take a straight drop from 2ft up, it's unlikely going to cause any detrimental damages.
A 1/10 scale will need big space. Crawling around in your backyard over your wood pile will get boring very, very quickly. Most people's backyard are perfect for a 1/24.
However, in your case, it's going to come down to budget. You simply don't have the budget, at this point, to be able to modify and truly enjoy a 1/10 to it's full potential.
Members here have been recommending, over and over, for you to get an SCX24. There's a reason for that. They are outstanding crawling machines!
Plus, crawlers rarely break parts, and *usually* don't get as filthy as bashers for the same amount of run time, oh, and speaking of run time, crawlers have long run times!

24 vs 10. I consider the 1/10 to be a real rc. I classify the 24 as play toys. Buying a 1/24 is adding a toy. Getting a 1/10 is a rig.
I completely disagree here. The SCX24 is far from a toy in my opinion. It does the exact same things it's bigger brother does, just on a smaller scale. It's like model railways. There are lots of different scales, and they get more complex as you go down in scale. When you see a Z scale layout in a briefcase, with working signals, switches, sounds, realistic train movements, it's pretty damned impressive. That's the way I feel about the SCX24. It's even more impressive that they are as cool as they are, in such a small scale.