Glow Plug Not Lighting Up. Nitro Rustler 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcNewb05

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey so i got a nitro rustler with a ez start system. i havent ran it for a couple weeks and everything was working fine. well the other day i went to start it and the Glow Plug light on the ez start wand does not light up. I've done a few things.
1.replaced easy start wand
2.new wiring harness
3.3 new glow plugs
4.repositioned the ground.
5.touched the plug against the engine and it does glow
and the glow plug light still doesn't light up. idk what the hell is goin on.:angry: some one help.:\

If you ground the plug against the engine and it glows, everything is working except for the light bulb...

an other thing you can do is check Ohms with a VOM . seams to work for me.

5.touched the plug against the engine and it does glow
and the glow plug light still doesn't light up..:\

If you see it glow, how can you say it doesn't light up?
When it glows while you're grounding it against the head, are you pressing the starter button or using a separate ignitor?
If you know it's glowing with the EZ Start then you're dealing with a carburetor problem. Put a few drops of fuel directly into the carb and start it immediately. If it runs and then dies in a few seconds, you are NOT getting fuel.

are you saying your EZ start glow plug indicator dosent light up? If so, screw that. You dont need that to light up as long as your glow plug is good. It is nothing to be concerned about.

Just ditch the ezstart glow wire and use a separate ignitor. Works better anyways IMO.

I just re-read the first post.
CHARGE THE BATTERY!
Just glowing does NOT mean it's hot enough to start.
Turning the motor AND lighting the plug with a dim battery will make the plug even duller.

as an experiment i rewired the ez-start. rewired two batterys to put double voltage to the starter. it worked good. but need to watch for motor overheating. but it hasnt overheated on me. aweak spot i have found is the switch, fails sometimes. it can NOT be repaired. dont try to take it apart, you have to totally cut the housing apart. OR rewire for more amperage. i havent done it, but should work.