Nitro rustler 2.5 glow plug fowling issues.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airslither1982

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have been running a Nitro rustler 2.5 for the last 2 years with no issues other than routine maintenance. However it recently developed a curious problem...it will start just fine and run for 1 tank but after refueling and attempting to restart it immediately fowls the plug and will not start until I replace the plug and let the engine sit overnight. Not sure exactly what's going on....if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated...if not oh well I have plenty of other toys to play with in the meantime and have been looking for and excuse convert to the 3.3 anyways...looks like I've finally got one.

Return your needles to factory settings and re-tune. Also, what kind of glow plugs are you using? For all my Traxxas Nitro’s I run the Traxxas 3232X plug. They seem to work the best, for me anyway.

Strange, I haver never ever fouled a glow plug on any of my nitros...
Must be something with your tune, there may be an air leak somewhere once it heats up and everything expands, or your tune is off.
Are you sure your temps are not too high by the time your finish the first tank?

Return your needles to factory settings and re-tune. Also, what kind of glow plugs are you using? For all my Traxxas Nitro’s I run the Traxxas 3232X plug. They seem to work the best, for me anyway.
Re tuned everything and replaced the gasket...seems to be running fine now.

All right so I know your problem I used to have it as a beginner. You come and running engine and it messes up glow plugs. Usually the problem of that is a rich low speed needle what happens is as the fuel sits at idle fuel is overly rich and causes the glow plug the foul up with dry fuel left over with residue. if you are having issues starting your car this is one of the symptoms of this scenario. If you're idling last a lot less than 15 seconds and shuts off after let's say five or six seconds. Forward if the engine slows down at idle in a sense that it's barely running this is one of the biggest things. Another thing is sometimes carburetors high speed when applying a throttle. It also spits out so much fuel that it doesn't clean out as well it doesn't burn properly. So even after you rather take a fuel you'll have file glow plugs more with both needles rich but it's much more so with the low end basically.

Back