gensacearespammers IMARS Dual charger error

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoChance4Win

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting a “CHB error e09)” error on one channel of my charger. Anyone have any clue what this is?

IMG_4984.jpeg

Hmmm
Weird
Error meaning ch2 doesn't work?
Try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Sometimes fixes issues.

Is there any error codes chart / meanings in the manual? Maybe look it up in the manual
If not, contact Gens for help.

Which charger is that? Been looking at the D300 Imars for a while. Currently have a skyrc t200. And the D300 is a couple bucks more, more power, and more portable.

Does it only happen to one battery or any battery you plug in to that channel? If it's only one battery, then there's a problem with that battery. If it's multiple or all batteries then it's likely an issue with the charger which should be replaced immediately as the charger is no longer reliable even for the other channel.

Does it only happen to one battery or any battery you plug in to that channel? If it's only one battery, then there's a problem with that battery. If it's multiple or all batteries then it's likely an issue with the charger which should be replaced immediately as the charger is no longer reliable even for the other channel.
The error code comes up without a battery plugged in.
The dang charger is less than a year old.

The error code comes up without a battery plugged in.
The dang charger is less than a year old.
I'm not trying to trash talk your gear but GenzAce doesn't make anything thats quality. Look in to getting a good iCharger or if you're on a tight budget then look in to the HOTA D6Pro.

I'm curious which (Junsi) iCharger model do you use?
My uncle uses a 308 duo. Most other racers use the 406 or 456 duo, or the DX6 or X6. All of them are good. Just depends what your looking for and what your charging and discharging at. But my con is all of them are DC so a external power supply is needed. I like AC/DC chargers, I mostly use AC but looking into a power supply, might need be needing a new charger soon.
GenzAce doesn't make anything thats quality.
I guess ill take the D300 off my wish list then. Seems like a decent charger specs and looks wise.

Gotta take reliability as a factor now, don't wanna go and spend a lot of money on a thing that would have issues. Like what I am experiencing rn.

I guess ill take the D300 off my wish list then. Seems like a decent charger specs and looks wise.
It's not terrible specs on that one, but the Hota D6 Pro beats it for specs and price.

I'm curious which (Junsi) iCharger model do you use?
My current main charger is a Hitec X2 700 but I also have an X6 and X8 from iCharger. When the ole X2 700 goes Tango Uniform on me I plan on buying an iCharger DX8 unless something else comes out in the meantime thats better.

Thanks folks.

I have the Hota F6 and it's not bad, but always looking at better options.

I have a DC power supply so DC only is fine for me... and I don't race, but I do have an inexpensive AC/DC charger that travels well.

My current models/batteries only go to 4S, so probably wouldn't need an 8S capable unit, but I do prefer a dual output.

Thanks folks.

I have the Hota F6 and it's not bad, but always looking at better options.

I have a DC power supply so DC only is fine for me... and I don't race, but I do have an inexpensive AC/DC charger that travels well.

My current models/batteries only go to 4S, so probably wouldn't need an 8S capable unit, but I do prefer a dual output.
They make a DX6 also

Thanks, I saw they have a couple of dual output 6S systems.

Other than the case (physical shape/size), is there a notable functional difference between the DX6 and the 406 or 456?

Thanks, I saw they have a couple of dual output 6S systems.

Other than the case (physical shape/size), is there a notable functional difference between the DX6 and the 406 or 456?
The 406 is older technology, so I wouldn't look at that one, but the main difference when compared to the other two is that it is the least powerful at 1400W. It also only has a maximum current drain for balancing of 1.2A compared to the 2A of the other two chargers. This is arguably the most important specification for a LiPo charger. It's really what makes one charger faster or slower than another one. Even more so than overall wattage.

Between the 456 and the X6, the 456 is 2200W compared to 1500W of the X6. The X6 has a much smaller form factor however. Other than that, the only other big differences are that the X6 has a software interface that can record battery data and the two channels on the 456 can be combined in to a single channel.

Those are the main differences I'm aware of, but I don't own any of those 3 specific chargers, so I'm only going off of the info I've read online.

Back