Found it on the side of the road...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_ranch

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just driving along on my way through town for some pews, and see this thing sitting on the roadside next to a "free" sign.
20220627_212553.jpg

It's in decent shape- except for the obvious
20220627_212558.jpg

Joe biden says electric is better anyways, so I think I'll order a universal motor mount and drop in a 6s/2050kv system from the parts drawer. I'll have to figure out how to make the tranny do what I want (currently no reverse). I don't really want to take out the brake, but it mostly depends on how well I can integrate it into the trigger (I think the noble can do it, but I haven't figured out most of the stuff that thing will do yet- It's way smarter than me).

Don’t make it a political situation. I still love my gas and race fuel nitrous ect. But I love my electric little RC stuff too. Maybe kill human kind we put off a lot of Gas. We should just be charged like robots.
Cool find though.

Very cool. I was talking to a friend the other day that lives a few hours away and he mentioned that he came across an old Traxxas Slash he had and just threw it away! 🤯😳😠🤬🥺

D.A.!!! Told him I would have taken it for parts!!

He's no longer my friend............j/k but I did give him a hard time! Bad! Bad, friend! 😂

Very cool. I was talking to a friend the other day that lives a few hours away and he mentioned that he came across an old Traxxas Slash he had and just threw it away! 🤯😳😠🤬🥺

D.A.!!! Told him I would have taken it for parts!!

He's no longer my friend............j/k but I did give him a hard time! Bad! Bad, friend! 😂
I often think of the rare parts and old cars just tossed. I guess we live in a disposable time.

Nice find on an old truck. I dont see Tamiya nitros too much anymore.

Some of my most enjoyable builds have been pre-owned rollers off Ebay. They're like a box of chocolates-never know what you're going to get. Not recommended for the faint of heart or beginning RCer though.

I remember the Big-T nitro from years ago. Pat, you scored well on this one. Pretty good platform as I recall. Make for a sturdy build. Lots of room for 'Estuff' on that flat plate of aluminum. 8x shocks should support 6s and the big low Kv motor a.o.k.

Let the build begin. . .

Just driving along on my way through town for some pews, and see this thing sitting on the roadside next to a "free" sign.
View attachment 148416
It's in decent shape- except for the obvious
View attachment 148417
Joe biden says electric is better anyways, so I think I'll order a universal motor mount and drop in a 6s/2050kv system from the parts drawer. I'll have to figure out how to make the tranny do what I want (currently no reverse). I don't really want to take out the brake, but it mostly depends on how well I can integrate it into the trigger (I think the noble can do it, but I haven't figured out most of the stuff that thing will do yet- It's way smarter than me).
Awesome find bud. No need for reverse on it. Throw a big block in it. And send it..
Sorry to be the one to tell you. But the nitro trans won't hold up to the tourqe of electric motor. The toruqe will strip the gears instantly.. I converted my Tmaxx. To electric basically built a Emaxx. Had to install a revo 2.0 electric trans in it.

No clue why that thing never took off... it was built better than the t-maxx. Or at least looked like it was. Probably has a owb in the transmission for the two speed that causes the spur to free spin in reverse.