Element Enduro Sendero HD of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My driver would be more like Oscar Goldman, He would have to wait for Steve Austin to come save him. I always wondered why The Bionic Man didn't run in circles since he only had one bionic leg. 🤣

This rig is awesome man. Great job. And love that frickin license plate!

Ok, today we are going to tackle something that has been bugging me. The back end of the body has always had a little sag to it due to no support. But once I added the spare tire it got worse and has been nagging at me.

Here you can see quite a gap between the cab and the roll bar.
IMG_20210629_185317377.jpg

A closer look.
IMG_20210704_140540411.jpg

The solution? Drill a hole through the roll bar and cab on both sides and bolt the together.
IMG_20210704_140624246.jpg

Went through my nuts and bolts stash and fished out a couple of these.

IMG_20210704_140746705.jpg

If you guys don't have a set like this it's a must have for working on your rc's. I picked it up on Amazon a while back but can't remember what it cost.
PSX_20210704_153443.jpg

All snugged up. Don't mind the slobber, my number two hobby cat was helping. 😸
PSX_20210704_150422.jpg

This really firmed up the body, now I feel like there is less of a chance for it to crack, where it was doing a lot of flexing. 👍

Ok, today we are going to tackle something that has been bugging me. The back end of the body has always had a little sag to it due to no support. But once I added the spare tire it got worse and has been nagging at me.

Here you can see quite a gap between the cab and the roll bar.
View attachment 129079

A closer look.
View attachment 129080

The solution? Drill a hole through the roll bar and cab on both sides and bolt the together.
View attachment 129081

Went through my nuts and bolts stash and fished out a couple of these.

View attachment 129082

If you guys don't have a set like this it's a must have for working on your rc's. I picked it up on Amazon a while back but can't remember what it cost.
View attachment 129084

All snugged up. Don't mind the slobber, my number two hobby cat was helping. 😸
View attachment 129085

This really firmed up the body, now I feel like there is less of a chance for it to crack, where it was doing a lot of flexing. 👍
I'm lazy. I would have just duct taped it around the entire cabin 😸

6s Kraton shock towers work in a pinch, too. You know, for reinforcement...

Are you bending your chassis rails?

Chassis rails are straight, there wasn't much body support from front to back and it needed a little help. I had forgotten you used the Kraton tower on Trash 6. Bolting the roll bar to the cab seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the suggestion though. This has been fun to tinker with. :)

Chassis rails are straight, there wasn't much body support from front to back and it needed a little help. I had forgotten you used the Kraton tower on Trash 6. Bolting the roll bar to the cab seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the suggestion though. This has been fun to tinker with. :)
Figgered you might have one or two extra towers laying around...

Today, it's all about the details!
I had some extra bits and pieces (who doesn't) that I used to add to my roll bar. Just a little extra to make it different than stock. Some cutting here, some screwing there. Also added some items to round out the cargo area. Some gas cans, tent, day packs, etc. Radio antenna on the front, and finally put my side mirrors on.

PSX_20210706_132144.jpg
PSX_20210706_132244.jpg
PSX_20210706_132214.jpg

Last edited:
I had some extra bits and pieces (who doesn't) that I used to add to my roll bar. Just a little extra to make it different than stock. Some cutting here, some screwing there. Also added some items to round out the cargo area. Some gas cans, tent, day packs, etc. Radio antenna on the front, and finally put my side mirrors on.

View attachment 129183View attachment 129184View attachment 129185
Awesome! Where did you get the camping gear?

View attachment 127435Finally got myself a TrailTruck/Rock Crawler. The Element Enduro Sendero HD. It arrived without the side mirrors, I contacted Element (Associated) and let them know. They were very professional in solving the problem and got the parts to me within a weeks time. There was one little part that is backordered but I can live with that.

View attachment 127436

This truck came with a ton of really fun bumper stickers and such. The kit does not come with a rear bumper, so I ordered the bumper ser for the regular Sendero (has a traditional body instead of flatbed). I figured for $12.00 it couldn't hurt too much if it didn't work out.

View attachment 127429

So I tried out the bumper, and it stuck out a little to far, remember, it was designed for a full body pickup. This means it needed some modification to work. Green lines were old gusset that were to be removed.
Red lines are cut lines, Yellow is where new mounting holes were drilled.

Bumper screwed into position.

View attachment 127431

Thats a sweet rig man nice pic. Nice mod bumper looks good 👍

View attachment 129183View attachment 129184View attachment 129185
Very nice man!!! looks awesome nice work with the details. Love that front looks like my dads old 78 Chevy blazer when I was a kid.
Awesome work DOOM

Awesome! Where did you get the camping gear?

Gear from my 12" action figure stash. Most of the gear is 1/6 scale and won't work, but there are bits and pieces that are doable. Gotta think outside the box sometimes. Places like Micheal's crafts sometimes have items that look promising.

Back