Element Enduro Sendero HD of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You crazy as hell. lol One of my best friends is like that. obsessed with skulls and skeletons.

Next up, spare tire mount.
PSX_20210525_195249.jpg

Very nice quality, I'm really impressed. On the other hand, I sometimes think that RC building is the masochists version of model building! This kit came with some freakin small bits and pieces.

PSX_20210525_195440.jpg

PSX_20210525_195613.jpg

That nut is huge compared to the ones that came with my windshield wipers kit. Lol They had to be handled with a needle nose pliers the entire time. I had to be super careful not to drop these off the table, because it would have probably been slim chances of finding it.
It just amazes me how they are able to produce these tiny bolts and nuts with threading, with such precision!

0514211601b_Burst01.jpg

The Senduro looks much more completed with the spare on the back.

I wanted to mount it a little closer inboard, but I still need to be able to remove the body clips. Now to find more goodies to strap back there. :)

Those wiper blade parts are rediculously small but extremely cool when assembled! Now we know why they are sold as kits! 🤣

Last edited:
I wanted to mount it a little closer inboard, but I still need to be able to remove the body clips. Not to find more goodies to strap back there. :)

Those wiper blade parts are rediculously small but extremely cool when assembled! Now we know why they are sold as kits! 🤣
It cost $10 as a kit. If fully assembled, probably would be like $30.......which may just be worth it! Lol

Ok, time to start working on the Interior.

I ordered the interior for the Axial Unimog, looked like it would be the best match for the Sendero Xd I was worried about the size, but eyeballing it it looks like it's going to work. I put painters tape where I think I need to trim

PSX_20210530_143509.jpg

It came with a drivers head that will be easier to customize. I'm going to have to dust off my painting skills a bit. The cowboy hat works because it is shaped like a camo Bush hat that I wear. Going to have to work on a small pair of glasses too.

PSX_20210530_143745.jpg

I also bought an Axial interior detail set. It has shifters and steering wheels etc. It will help spruce things up a bit.

PSX_20210530_143639.jpg

Well crap! I got my interior to fit fine inside the body. Went to put the body on the chassis to see how it looks, and the antenna is positioned, just in front of where my driver needs to be. I am going to have to figure out a way to reroute my antenna so I can make this work. I tried slipping the antenna up through the drivers body but it looks like it needs to be right in front of his face.

I was stoked that it fit in the shell, didn't think about the receiver antenna. :doh:

Well crap! I got my interior to fit fine inside the body. Went to put the body on the chassis to see how it looks, and the antenna is positioned, just in front of where my driver needs to be. I am going to have to figure out a way to reroute my antenna so I can make this work. I tried slipping the antenna up through the drivers body but it looks like it needs to be right in front of his face.

I was stoked that it fit in the shell, didn't think about the receiver antenna. :doh:
With this being a crawler, you would probably, typically be no more than 20ft away from it. If the antenna gets push down by the interior a bit, or even laid down flat against the chassis, I don't feel there will be any signal loss issue at all at this short range.

Ok, problem solved. I removed the antenna from the tube, cut the tube in half, put the antenna back inside the tube, pushed the extra wire back in the box, and tightened it all back down Now there is enough clearance to fit the body on without contact. :thumbs-up:

Got my driver painted, I couldn't find my magnifier lense, and I rushed, it but still came out decent. I need more practice.
PSX_20210601_091708.jpg

Todays mods. Today is all about protection. Added Club 5 skid plates on front and rear axles. (Gotta protect those pumpkins) and also added a center skid and front skid to help protect the servo.

PSX_20210605_201454.jpg
PSX_20210605_201648.jpg

Last edited:
The axles themselves are plastic. I expect the metal plates will help them last a little longer. I don't mind replacing the plastic side rails when they get worn, because they are easy to get to and replace, but I'd rather not replace the axles more than I have to. All the links long rods are metal.

Back