E-Savage Rolling Chassis - worth it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webbage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been offered a E-Savage rolling chassis (no motors, ESC, receiver etc.) for a very good price (provided it's in good condition). You guys think it's worth grabbing even if it's missing the electrics? Am I gonna get legged up by the electrics being really expensive to buy?

Well, how much is he/she asking for it

you can get both motors on ebay for around 50 and the esc for about the same then whatever radio gar you ant i guess. i just got new motors for mine.

GBP 55.00 posted to me.

UK Retail is GBP 224.00

A new ESC and motors is gonna cost me about 80.00 GBP

Oh and I'd need another 4500 mAh pack at 38.00 GBP

That's 46.00 GBP cheaper than new... Hmmmmm

Last edited:
So how much is a pound in Dollars?

It's about 1.8 USD to 1 GBP.

I deliberately priced everything in *GBP* to give you an idea what it'd cost to make one up from the parts. It's starting to look like a less-good deal to me...

Last edited:
Right now a British Pound is about $2.08, so a good bit stronger than the dollar.

ahh, so it would be about $100 cheaper than new.

Aye, somewhere along those lines. It's not a whole lot when I do the math, compared to the retail price, and I really wanted a Nitro not an electric. If it'd had motors and ESC but no bats or receiver I'd have jumped on it but I'\m not so sure it's worth it now.

Back