Savage X 'roller' question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deku

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
so, the title might be a bit odd but let me explain.
i've come across a Savage X "Roller" meaning, no engine, no wheels, no body.
the ad states that the entire chassis without the above mentioned parts is in pristine condition and the photo's show that it is.
I'm thinking of driving over there to discuss the price because as of now its listed as a 'bid on it' listing. but its like 30 or so min away from my place.
i have savage spare parts and what not so putting wheels on, a motor and a body is not a problem here.

My question: to all of the Savage owners and knowers, what would you pay? and be honest please.
Edit: to make it less confusing, i will buy the chassis, no doubt.

Last edited:
Hard to say without seeing pictures of it. Does it have hop-ups or is it bone stock? Does it include any spare parts? Typically, when I see, "roller" in the description, it comes with wheels, at least.

It's a subjective thing. If it's hopped up and very clean, maybe a few hundred bucks US maximum, but it'd need to be pretty tricked out for me to buy it at that price with no engine, electronics or wheels.

Just my two cents.

1 savage X.jpg
3d580669-3ee5-4d40-a863-5f73fa938625.jpg
922ea5e3-c819-4383-8a54-839a7bcaa805.jpg
3 savage X.jpg
2 savage X.jpg

Here are some pics i can upload a few more if needed
it has servo's, on/off button, the battery cover IS missing but i have a spare at hand..
there is NO radio which means i have to go out and buy an extra receiver for my transmitter this receiver costs about 20-30 depending.
to clarify it does not have hop ups from what i can see, just your average Savage X 'roller' that can't roll without wheels but w/e
my question remains the same, what would you put down(money) if you where buying this of off someone.

Last edited:
View attachment 158170View attachment 158174View attachment 158173View attachment 158172View attachment 158171
Here are some pics i can upload a few more if needed
it has servo's, on/off button, the battery cover IS missing but i have a spare at hand..
there is NO radio which means i have to go out and buy an extra receiver for my transmitter this receiver costs about 20-30 depending.
to clarify it does not have hop ups from what i can see, just your average Savage X 'roller' that can't roll without wheels but w/e
my question remains the same, what would you put down(money) if you where buying this of off someone.
I wouldn't pay more than $150.00 US, but just my opinion.

ok made the deal today and got it for just under $110 USD - €100,- EU(my currency)
again thanks for your input @Monkey Wrench

have a good one!

Back