Darkhorse Farm crawling corse.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a awesome course man very cool.. I would never leave once it's done. Got to love the added animal obstacles.. my dog wouldn't let you get to the first challenge before she grab the RC..🤣🤣 well done sir 👍👍
If Honey was there, you would need to run a wet dry vac in the front yard to distract her away from the course 😁

Nice diy course, IC!

Last fall, I went out to the back of my property to clean out an area to build a course for my 1/14 WPL Hilux. Comes to find out that there was already a nice natural course hidden beneath all the leaves and foliage.
View attachment 131052View attachment 131053

I just added the crawling course as part of my snow removal chore.
Dude that's awesome course you got as well.nice bridge and step up and down.. And the best reason to remove snow ever 👍👍 need to set up a tree stand. So you can over see the course and not have to follow the RC around.. guess better eye site that way 👀 .. well done sir..your TANK is awesome bud!!!!
Well done sir 👍👍
If Honey was there, you would need to run a wet dry vac in the front yard to distract her away from the course 😁
I'm not sure witch she would go for fater or more..either one won't make it...🤣🤣🤣

Dude that's awesome course you got as well.nice bridge and step up and down.. And the best reason to remove snow ever 👍👍 need to set up a tree stand. So you can over see the course and not have to follow the RC around.. guess better eye site that way 👀 .. well done sir..your TANK is awesome bud!!!!
Well done sir 👍👍

I'm not sure witch she would go for fater or more..either one won't make it...🤣🤣🤣
I figure it would take longer to kill the wet dry vac, so that would give you a little extra time with the rc. 😸

It's so smokey around here that I'm afraid to go out. I don't have the best lungs in the world as it is.
Wild fire are rare around there in the Northeast, but a few weeks ago, we had a couple of days of haze from wild fire from Canada. Even the haze is a rare thing, so it was really weird for us to experience it.
Hope it clears out for you soon!

Last edited:
It's so smokey around here that I'm afraid to go out. I don't have the best lungs in the world as it is.
Man I hope u all are safe.. yeah man it's bad out west lately.. like the haze raycer had up in NH from Canada. We had haze on the jersey shore from the fires out west..last week. Hope that it rains out there and helps the fires and it clears up the air for you man... stay safe man...

Man I hope u all are safe.. yeah man it's bad out west lately.. like the haze raycer had up in NH from Canada. We had haze on the jersey shore from the fires out west..last week. Hope that it rains out there and helps the fires and it clears up the air for you man... stay safe man...
We stay safe. Northern Idaho is really bad with fires but we are getting hit with the Cali smoke also. Hope those guys stay safe.
I'm on oxygen so the smoke really gets to me.

Last edited:
We stay safe. Northern Idaho is really bad with fires but we are getting hit with the Cali smoke also. Hope those guys stay safe.
I'm on oxygen is the smoke really gets to me.
Oh man.. I'm sure that smokes no good for you bud... that's crazy getting smoke from everywhere..seems like the entire west coast is up in flames.. wow

I guess with winter approaching the fires will subside. Cold wet weather and the amount of area burned already. I feel for the people and animals caught up in it.
Here in Iowa it seems pretty calm at the moment, but Iowa weather is all about severe change. Crazy wind and temp. One day 40f the next is -10f. Even this morning it was cold and by noon it will be hot and humid.

I’m from Baltimore and now I’m in Iowa. To me August is a time of hazy hot and humid. But in Iowa it like seventy to eighty deg and pretty nice outside.

The rocks and gravel have arrived.
Tonight I will do some prep work with a weed eater and Preen to keep the weeds down. Then tomorrow I will begin to modify my crawling corse.

currently I have a low bridge called the parallel bridge and the high suspension bridge of doom. Then the rock retaining wall has twelve climbs.

It takes just over five minutes to complete a run.

(I will make a video of the corse soon.)
My plan is to add a rock wall with a 90 deg turn at a steep angle. And modify the retaining wall to allow for fifteen climbs.

It’s a fine line with making a corse. To hard and it’s challenging but not fun. To easy and it’s no fun. I modify the corse till my best truck can actually complete the corse. Then the others have to rise to the challenge. Once I have two or three that can complete the corse. I go for time. Once everyone of my trucks can make it. Then I make the corse a little more difficult.
My first truck did four climbs. Now it’s twelve and there is room for more.

Attachments

• E1101FBE-E09B-4855-BFE1-FF181C4C08EB.jpeg
    E1101FBE-E09B-4855-BFE1-FF181C4C08EB.jpeg
    572.5 KB · Views: 50
I'm surprised you can feel anything right now, besides the heat and humidity. 🏜️
Right now we are still dealing with smoke and ash. The moon did look way cool last night, really vivid orange. When the AC at work kicks on you can really smell the forest fires.

This morning the wife said she's ready for a trip to the coast to get away from this mess. Just have to figure out when we can do it.

Right now we are still dealing with smoke and ash. The moon did look way cool last night, really vivid orange. When the AC at work kicks on you can really smell the forest fires.

This morning the wife said she's ready for a trip to the coast to get away from this mess. Just have to figure out when we can do it.
Make sure you pick a coast with lots of rocks 😉

This is a run on corse. I’m sorta trying to explain what I’m doing wrong and what is expected. I got this Go Pro for Xmas and am still trying to figure it out. Please forgive the video quality. I have to figure out videos.
But I had to video this because tomorrow it will be different.
This used to be my top vehicle. Then I built two more that are much better. And this rig got stripped for parts on another project.
I just put it all back together with a mix of new and old stuff. Needs a bunch of tuning.

anyhow enough excuses

Well this is what 100 bucks worth of rock gets me. I now have an infinitely adjustable obstacle corse.
This is not the corse yet. This is a pile of rocks. I’ll spend the next week or so just playing with it all.

Attachments

• FB823902-54DC-4298-A319-08A22615D422.jpeg
    FB823902-54DC-4298-A319-08A22615D422.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 5418B154-4055-48AD-BCEA-5F8AE9DE48B4.jpeg
    5418B154-4055-48AD-BCEA-5F8AE9DE48B4.jpeg
    635.8 KB · Views: 48
Well this is what 100 bucks worth of rock gets me. I now have an infinitely adjustable obstacle corse.
This is not the corse yet. This is a pile of rocks. I’ll spend the next week or so just playing with it all.
Very cool bud!!! The course is going to be sweet 👍👍

Back