Carpet Munching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a big pile of parts today. So it’s inventory time for the boys.
Of corse the bearings are going to be the last part to arrive and I can’t do anything till I get the bearings. I ordered a ceramic bearing set. It’s one of the few products I regret buying until they show up. Then I’m glad to have the better bearings.

2A13655B-8B92-4AC4-AA1B-4829F3509416.jpeg

B70240BD-0105-4399-9EAE-2B4C2335EF31.jpeg

Getting some things done but can’t do much more with out bearings. My street is under construction and I can’t get mail. But UPS has been great. Anyhow my order with the bearings was coming early via UPS and then at the last minute they handed it off the the USPS. I could have had UPS carry it to my work if I had known that was going to happen.

1873AF7B-B0DF-41C9-B4EC-17FDBB2A6B27.jpeg

the dirt race is rained out for this weekend so I decided to run down and try carpet racing. Took me a couple battery packs but I’m feeling better. Black wheels are a no go. But the cars feel great. Couple hours and I’m going back to waiting for my bearings that will be at the post office for pick up Monday.

DB39F546-3EDA-4D7E-8D1C-C897DE82D118.jpeg

E718D480-6033-40A4-85E9-2E51D9180C64.jpeg

There are some scheduling changes and things happening on the carpet racing front.
First of all the last dirt race and the first carpet race are in conflict because the last dirt race is a rain make up and then the trophies had to get printed so it will miss the first carpet race. I am still going to go the the track and practice but I’m kinda changing things up. I need to relax and not be so focused over winter. I need to stay fun and just kinda go with it. On top of that I really only have Sunday morning: afternoon maybe Saturday to race. I don’t want to be out all late driving home at 9:30 at night after 13 hours of racing. It’s an hour drive.
So suddenly the reality of time rears it head. My favorite hobby shop will have there track up by mid November. 20 minutes away. I definitely want to get with that program so I am going to kind practice as much as possible and enter what ever race I can find at the further away track and not worry and points or showing up every weekend.
On that note, I do need three vehicles otherwise there is a lot more sitting around and marshaling than racing. So I have my B6.3 2WD and my TLR 22X-4 4wd buggies. So after looking at the options. I am going Losi Mini-B. They are pretty cool and I already have a 22DC in 1/10 th scale so this little fella fits in perfectly.

2C42AFC7-9FB9-47DA-9D29-8F3EF263BED6.jpeg

image.jpg

The mini b is a good little small track car. If you plan on running it on dirt the stock tires would be fine. If you run on carpet get the rear proline prisms. Thats what I got for mine. I also love that blue that you have on all of your cars. I am trying to find a stronger front brace for it since I broke the front brace on mine 2 times. The aluminum servo horn tightens up the steering. I got the 2 in 1 brushless system for mine. On my old LHS carpet track running with the proline prisms rear, proline wedges front and stock esc settings it had to much grip that I would just do a standing back flip.

I think I will be running going bananas foams. I have to see what everyone else does. I won’t be running anything 2WD on dirt next year. .
I was watching a Ryan Harris video and that Dynamic ESC motor combo was doing crazy wheel stands. I wonder if a slipper clutch adjustment would help that.

Since my LHS closed down a couple of weeks ago I had been running my mini outside. Running it outside is fine and all but my chassis is scraped up bad. Planning on getting a new chassis and adding a protector on it.

They require a chassis protector and caps on the shocks at my local tracks. It protects the carpet not the car.

Since I knew my LHS was closing down I really didn't get a chassis protector. Also I could only go there like once or twice a month anyways. And also I was there for the last day open and the carpet was in not so good condition. Its a 1/10 track but they ran some 1/8 to have more fun and tare it up.

I am a mobile technician and work in two or three different city’s. I spend all day driving past my LHS. I stop in sometimes to kill time between jobs. I can toss a car in my truck and kill a battery pack every day. Or almost everyday. The track will be going in a month or so and I can’t wait. They already built a giant crawler course that is like 15 feet high and has hundreds of bags of concrete making it crazy solid.

Well it seems Wednesday night starting 6:30 is off-road carpet at the oval track. I’m going tomorrow to check it out. It’s a run what you brung night. I got my 2WD, 4wD and a Mini-B to race. I just got them ready for tomorrow night.

5D16F24C-DB36-44F7-A7CE-F9FA88D1469D.jpeg

Last edited:
All packed up and ready to go. This is the Wednesday night race and the first carpet race. Tonight is a smaller oval track that they set up a road corse on. I am excited to run it because I have not driven my CB6.4 or my Mini-T before. And I have only practiced driving on carpet once. So it should be a steep learning curve. Big race is the 22nd and it is the first race of that season. So here we go.

061DC2AB-0552-4ED7-9423-69DECBFCA5C4.jpeg

All packed up and ready to go. This is the Wednesday night race and the first carpet race. Tonight is a smaller oval track that they set up a road corse on. I am excited to run it because I have not driven my CB6.4 or my Mini-T before. And I have only practiced driving on carpet once. So it should be a steep learning curve. Big race is the 22nd and it is the first race of that season. So here we go.

View attachment 153976
Nice looking family you have there. All that blue makes me feel like I'm looking at @STONER RC 's hobby room though 🤣

Might change it for next year. PS16 is a nice color. But with black carpet it blends in a bit

First night of the points race and I’m getting killed. First on my mini B I had some screws in the steering back out and I changed to the foam tires and tried to adjust to the insane traction. Could not get it so I changed to the stock tires. Then discovered the screws that came loose.
On my two wheel drive buggy it has a 21.5 motor and it’s a 17.5 class. On top of all that the best driver in town shows up. I am giving them a fight.

269A3675-04E9-4FBC-A5AB-0EAAFEB2F009.jpeg

DBCCE00B-07C2-44FE-A875-7CD29092800B.jpeg

Back