CARNAGE! (Drunk + Savage XS Flux + Curb)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetteklr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Soooo we left the club/bar last night and we opt to go to Ihop. We pull in and for some reason I'm riding in the back seat of my truck since I clearly was not the DD.

Well guess what this guy had in his truck. I like to call it my little brick. Well, the brick isn't the brick I tried to make it last night. Started making some high speed passes in the parking lot showing off. Then was like "Watch this" Came from Waaaaay across the parking lot head on into a curb (cause I've seen it done on youtube, lol)

Then BAM! Stopped dead in it's tracks. I'm guessing at roughly 40 mph. When I say dead in its tracks I mean dead. Wouldn't move. Lol! So here I am. Drunk. Laughing. I go assess the situation. My rear axle carrier is no longer attached to the car. The door that covers the motor/transmission is ripped/broken off. Motor is barley attached to transmission. And am missing a rear axle. Not to mention the battery was laying beside it. Lol.

But the front end. was untouched. How does that happen? I'm tearing it down and getting a parts list as we speak. I have a few pics I'm uploading :whhooo:

X2 ^^ :hehe:

Thats funny as hell and sad at the same time. I can only scale or crawl when I am drunk because I know I can't do much harm creeping along.

2012-03-09_11-08-12_798.jpg

2012-03-09_12-55-06_712.jpg

2012-03-09_12-55-16_946.jpg

2012-03-09_12-55-50_52.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:25 PM ----------

We were laughing so hard. That exact question came up! "Dude, can you get a DWI while driving that thing!"

Damn that thing is destroyed lmao, hope you have the will power to fix her lol I would be discouraged..

well i guess it did happen

that sucks

They are there

---------- Post added at 1:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 PM ----------

Damn that thing is destroyed lmao, hope you have the will power to fix her lol I would be discouraged..

I just don't understand how it broke what it did. It was literally a dead on head on impact. Stopped in it's tracks. But it broke all of that, lol

Carnage indeed! That ain't gonna be cheap...

Not to bad, so far I fixed the motor, it just stripped the screws out of the mount inside the transmission, turned motor and screwed right up with other mounting holes. really all I need is an axle carrier, axle, and that cover for the motor. All in all. It was worth it! haha!

It split the carrier like a knife. Crazy!

2012-03-09_13-51-12_202.jpg

2012-03-09_13-51-39_718.jpg

2012-03-09_13-51-31_621.jpg

2012-03-09_13-51-22_329.jpg

Expect the speed control to go up in flames next especially if it a CC

Expect the speed control to go up in flames next especially if it a CC

Everyone keeps saying that. But I've been running this thing in the dirt for over 2 months now and no problems. I think I have one of the "upgraded" ones. Maybe

---------- Post added at 2:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:19 PM ----------

I call this guy my "Backup Plan"

Ya its not dirt, its the impact. Mine was fine til I hit a curb hard

can't say I had any hard impacts with my cc vapor. I just plugged it in one day and poof! It was toast. That is some nice carnage.

Thats like my latest crash! Hit a pole dead on front center, the bumper broke expected that to happen but the rear shock mount snapped as well. just put a fresh battery in to and had'nt flipped it on the roof yet, my best guess is just the impact of it moving forward suddenly was enough to snap it. Oh well got her torn down and I'm off to the hobby shop now for some RPM upgrades and I'm going to try out a new wing mod for a Traxxas Bandit, I'll post some pics when I'm done.