My second electric rig, stampede 4x4 vxl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't posted in here for a while. Have made a few updates to it over the past year.

Replaced the motor with a blx4074 2050kv, still running the blx185/150A esc.
2021-0604-stampede-.motorSide-High.jpg

The FLM center diff cup crapped out on me. Instead of trying to find another or going with another aftermarket, I went with the traxxas 6780:
2021-0511-stampede-centerDiff-HR-FLM-vs-TRX6780.jpg

Much beefier in general, but does kind of lock me in to running a 54T spur, which seems fine. I still have plenty of room to add a larger pinion, but it's already fast enough to be tough to drive offroad.

Tried a set of buggy tires on it just for kicks and to maybe take some of the stress off the arms... hated them on it.
2021-0913-stampede-buggyTires-side.jpg

Changed tires to a set of 17mm sledgehammers, had to cut the body up a bit so they didn't rub, but I really like them for grass bashing.

My wife got me GPM bulkheads for it for Christmas, so I threw those on, not much to see, but should add some strength for the diffs now that I run 4S in it all the time, and I have a tendency to break the bulkheads in this thing more often than I'd like.
2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-front.jpg

2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-rear.jpg

How it currently sits:
2022-0101-stampede-GPMBulkheads-side-esc-body.jpg

My gearing and setup:
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL Slash Chassis 4S
BLX185 ESC/4074 BLX2050kv
16/54 pinion/spur
Associated 70wt front rear
VG Springs/GTR Shocks VDK 1/16"
Center Diff 6780-500K
Traxxas Sledgehammer on Traxxas 17mm wheels