Cage building

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RELIC01

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
O. K. , I'm to the point of needing medical attention on this rc thing , 35 years and stuff everywhere! Not buying anymore rigs , I've resisted a lot of stuff lately , so want to start learning this cage body stuff , and how to creat these things , Atic rc guy wants $800 to make one for my VEKTA5 E it looks like , plus I gotta ship my huge truck to some place across the country , anybody know stuff on this topic ?

I built a RC plane using servo linkage rod and solder. I suppose with practice it would have been good enough to post a pic but it isn't.
One thing I did do to make it nice and uniform is build a jig so each side would be identical.
I'm not so sure it would be strong enough for your rig though. Just a suggestion.

Get yourself some tubing benders, some tubing, a soldering torch, and some rod and play around.

As TP mentioned, jigs will help you reproduce assemblies and bends.

One of these will come in handy, along with a Dremel and various bits.
58359_W3.jpg

Another thing that would come in really handy is a drill press with an endmill the same diameter as your tubing. You can use that to create compound miters that fit together perfectly.

Last edited:
Digital degree works the best and very cheap. Zero it out and you can save the degree. I used to build real chassis just a tip and pink paint marker if u braze or weld it turns white easier to see

As I explained , I'm still looking uphill on the learning curve , you lost me at digital degree , I'm watching this guy from Australia, he's pretty well explained with things , but thank you for your help 👍👍

Back