Custom Speedrun car build?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2WD does. I know they make plates now to attach to the front but I’m not sure if I can still use the stock body. Do you have any idea if I can?

Sure why not. Here’s some pictures trying different things out over the time. Since I’m new to speed builds I’ve tried several motors but have always used the Spektrum 150 ESC I have a castle 6S I might use but most likely it’s going into my Senton. Here’s my FB group of anyone would like to check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/657...om/groups/657445268619013/?ref=share&exp=9594
If you need more weight on the front end, you can get THESE aluminum chassis plates that mount right on where the existing plastic one goes. I'm pretty sure the bandit and Rustler chassis are the same.

vudu, Here is a length of steel key stock cut, drilled and fit to the front of Rusty. Weights in at 3.25oz (92gm). This weight together with a Lexan front air dam keeps her nose down. So far, so good. Not sure something like this will fit under your bandit body nose though. For what-its-worth.

Bandit build looking good. Thanks for posting up the pix. Cheers. 'AC'

20220514_150259_resize RCT.jpg

vudu, Here is a length of steel key stock cut, drilled and fit to the front of Rusty. Weights in at 3.25oz (92gm). This weight together with a Lexan front air dam keeps her nose down. So far, so good. Not sure something like this will fit under your bandit body nose though. For what-its-worth.

Bandit build looking good. Thanks for posting up the pix. Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 153385
That’s sweet!!! Thanks. I have some scrap steel in my garage. 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽

i 3d designed the esc holder, motor under plate, dual battery holder, servo box, and receiver box took about a total of 9 hours having my uncle print them either tomorrow or this week and send them to me tomorrow I'm going to home depot to buy metal for the chassis and some metal rods I'm going with this setup for electronics…
2x 4s 8000mah 100c sustained 200c burst
Arrma Firma 8s BLX
Dumbo Rc x6
and some amazon 1/5 servo this builds going to be 🔥

E495249B-5CF9-4EB6-9349-AEE1385E2D56.jpeg

i 3d designed the esc holder, motor under plate, dual battery holder, servo box, and receiver box took about a total of 9 hours having my uncle print them either tomorrow or this week and send them to me tomorrow I'm going to home depot to buy metal for the chassis and some metal rods I'm going with this setup for electronics…
Arrma Firma 8s BLX
Dumbo Rc x6

View attachment 153410
If you get to a point where you want to buy a 3d printer, I know a guy that works for Comgrow. They sell refurbished Creality printers, and you can get them dirt cheap through him.

Arrma Firma 8s BLX
Dumbo Rc x6

View attachment 153410
Addict, while you are at Home Depot, pick up a try square and a roll of 2in 3M/Scotch masking tape. The try square is your best friend in chassis layout. Fix the masking tape to the chassis plate and do your cut and drill layout on it. Hope this helps. Good luck. 'AC'

20221002_082209_resize RCT.jpg

Last edited:
Addict, while you are at Home Depot, pick up a try square and a roll of 2in 3M/Scotch masking tape. The try square is your best friend in chassis layout. Fix the masking tape to the chassis plate and do your cut and drill layout on it. Hope this helps. Good luck. 'AC'

View attachment 153426
already have but thanks
Alright just grabbed the chassis aka metal plate its 12”x18” and its 26 gauge uncles printing the parts today sending them sometime this week and yes i am going to get some metal pieces and brace it

Attachments

• 233D6CE8-134C-4108-9136-8B74E1FDBDF4.jpeg
    233D6CE8-134C-4108-9136-8B74E1FDBDF4.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 8797F5C9-47E7-42BB-B580-E520BAA91FAA.jpeg
    8797F5C9-47E7-42BB-B580-E520BAA91FAA.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 22
Back