CRC Pan Car Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serea71

RCTalk Champion
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Scale Builder
For awhile I always wanted to build a super late model but in R/C form. PASS (Pro All Star Series) is a series of super late model racing in the north east with the Oxford 250 being the biggest race of the season. I thought a pan car would be the perfect chassis for such a car as well. I had done some research and thought CRC had the perfect stuff I was looking for (plus they're headquartered in the north east) and so I bought a chassis as well as all the different tuning parts and spares and the whole works. I chose the Gen X-10 RT (rubber tire) as my chassis of choice. They do make other chassis designs for just oval racing, but i figured a traditional chassis for both oval and road course would be best. CRC recently updated their rear pod pivot design so I went ahead and grabbed a conversion kit for that. The new pod pivot allows racers to lower and raise it up from the chassis with shims. According to CRC, less shims means less steering but more stability where as more shims means more steering but more driver comfort. I decided to go with 2 shims to start. Anyways it was time to start building, and while it did take awhile to build, it went pretty smoothly. (I also added some upgrade parts along the way) Next was the motor and esc. (21.5T 2S) I had my LHS help with the soldering and even helped install some nice bullet connectors from 1UP RC. After those were installed, I decided to detail the tires. I got some Hoosier sidewall decals from Carpy's, added the red ring around the rims, made some markings, (etc) just like a NASCAR tire. After that, I bolted them on the chassis and installed the receiver and battery. The battery simply comes out by unscrewing two screws on the top plate for charging. I then aligned the body so it would be ready to mount the body. My LHS helped with trimming out the body and aligning it the chassis. Afterwards, I bought just some Tamiya PS-5 Black paint and my LHS also helped with painting. I guess black is a tough color to get right, but they did a perfect job and couldn't be anymore thankful. Next, I had some fun and make a window net with some mesh fabric I had laying around. It's just held on with some adhesive velcro, but it looks perfect! Lastly, was the most tedious parrt: stickers. It took me 2 full days to cut out, weed vinyl, and apply all the stickers and decals but I awarded with a beautiful body just as I imagined it. (plus some fingerprints on that gloss black lol) So yeah, it's basically ready to go, I just need to get a controller to bind the receiver and tune the chassis/suspension the way I want it. Thanks for looking!

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg

Are you still racing this? I hear rumors the rubber tire car class has been discontinued and replaced with the rubber tire truck class.

Are you still racing this? I hear rumors the rubber tire car class has been discontinued and replaced with the rubber tire truck class.
to be honest I haven't even raced it yet, I plan on racing it this winter at my LHS. They have a small class where car bodies are allowed. That sucks to hear though, I personally prefer car bodies rather than trucks but that's just my opinion.

It seems like the local tracks do run their own rules depending on who wants to race what. That’s how business works.
I like the car also but put a truck body on to run 21.5 super truck. But after this rule change everyone with rubber tire cars is switching to the truck. So I decided to get rubber tire truck because it’s very popular. The rubber tires are called track magnets for a reason. The one cell battery and unlimited gearing make it a fun class. The season starts October first in Iowa.

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

Back