Best Exhaust Pipe for 2.5 T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonB

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Give me some good ideas, and ins and outs about T-Maxx exhaust.

I will be upgrading to a .21 engine soon, but from what I have been told, the engine I am buying uses all the 2.5 Maxx parts such as exhaust and air filter. I just want the best pipe and header on the market, so some feedback will probably help me in my decision.

Ohh and by the way, I have posted few times and havent introduced myself. I was into RC car 12 years ago (I am 28 years old now), I used to own alot of RC-10's all electric of course, I always wanted a gas truck so a couple of weeks I bought a T-Maxx, its been pretty fun, and I just wanted to thank you guys for input when I post a topic. I am learning it all back pretty fast.

The Sirio BB pipe seems to be the best smallblock pipe out there. Kinda hard to find right now tho...

Don't know how well it will work on a big block engine.

The word best is subjective.
What will you be doing with your truck, Bashing, racing, or both?
What Mill are you getting?
What is your price range?
These are all things to know when deciding what to get.
Beware that everyone will have a favorite. You may want to ask each of them why they like the pipe and what are they comparing it to as well.

You may want to do a search on pipes here on this site. This is a popular topic and there is a lot of info already available.

Welcome to RCNT

I have a MIP header, and a Traxxas alum. pipe.
Do a search on pipes. Somewhere in hear I found a link that explained torque curves of differant design pipes, and headers.

JasonB, What engine are you upgrading to? I'm assuming that you want info for the .21 upgrade.

I will be upgrading to a .21, can't remember the exact one, but I did buy a pipe today its a RD Logistics pipe, the guy at the LHS said is was a good one for both the 2.5 stock engine, and the .21 I will be buying.

Small point here, most pipes made for .15 sized engines are not optimal for .21 sized engines. In fact many .15 sized pipes will work, but usually end up choking the engine.

If the RD Logics pipe you got resembles the stock T-Maxx 2.5 pipe, you may want to take it back because it will not handle a .21 very well.

I'll 2nd that small point comment.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Small point here, most pipes made for .15 sized engines are not optimal for .21 sized engines. In fact many .15 sized pipes will work, but usually end up choking the engine.

If the RD Logics pipe you got resembles the stock T-Maxx 2.5 pipe, you may want to take it back because it will not handle a .21 very well.

Its alot bigger than the stock pipe, the header is bigger too, they said its used on the .21 engines, but also works well on the 2.5 engine.

I will see tonight how it works.

Fair enough. Good luck with it and let us know how it works out.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Fair enough. Good luck with it and let us know how it works out.

I will let everyone know the results.

I would have ran it last night, but I needed new fuel line, and didnt have any, and the hobby shop was closed.