Maxx vs Xmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demonwolf14

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, It has been a very long time since I have had or used an RC. A couple years ago when I was looking to get back into the hobby I went in for knee surgery and it never happened. Now I am looking again to get into the hobby. I really like the look of the monster truck and am debating between the Xmaxx or the little brother Maxx with the widemaxx kit. I found a spot where i can get the Maxx with 1 6700 battery and charger for $789 and I would need to just get 1 more battery. The X-Maxx bundle is 2 batteries + charger + truck for 1349. The only thing I would want to get if I get the Xmaxx would be the WideMaxx kit and 2 additional batteries.

What are your thoughts? is it worth it to pull the trigger and get the Xmaxx or save and start out with the Maxx to get back into the hobby?

The answer you are seeking is both. I ended up with Xmaxx first. I have the property to run it on and it is my favorite truck. Last weekend I ended up getting a used Maxx V2 it needed some parts and I got it for cheap. I've had it running for a couple of days and it is an animal just like it's big brother. You'll be happy with either.

Currently I live in a town home, but i can take it to a park near my house with some piles of dirt for jumping. There are always RC vehicles running around on it. The wife likes the looks of the XMAxx better, even though she hasn't seen it it person so she doesn't know the exact size of the Xmaxx. she says the maxx v2 is "cute" lol. Ohh and it says that I can get $100 if I buy charger and battery with the Maxx for "cybermonday". So that might be only $689 plus xtra battery.

Size matters... :happy:

What size area do you have to run in... the X-Maxx is a large RC, if you have the room to run it, you won't likely be disappointed.

My middle son has the Maxx, and it is a nice rig too, but smaller... the oldest son bought the Sledge first and even it was a bit large sometimes, so he added a Hoss to his lineup.

The park near the house is a massive park with green area, but the jumping area might be size of a large yard with a big pile of dirt in the center of it.. No clue how big the area is. I will also have to check around the area to see where I can jump it, see if there are any rules at the skate areas near me

Have you been able to tell which models other folks are running... that might help you choose.

So far, I have not seen any of these vehicles. most from what i can see are smaller truggies.

Due to space requirements for the X-Maxx, I went with the Maxx. I cannot wait for it to get here and have some fun

I'm too late also I was going to say "Do yourself a favor and dont buy Traxxas lipos and charger!"

it has arrived, but have not had a chance to test it yet.. I am impressed with the look and the size of the truck.. The internet does not do the truck any justice. I will let you guys know when I get a chance to run it.. so far.. extremely happy with the truck.

it has arrived, but have not had a chance to test it yet.. I am impressed with the look and the size of the truck.. The internet does not do the truck any justice. I will let you guys know when I get a chance to run it.. so far.. extremely happy with the truck.
Awesome! can't wait to see some pics or vids!

Excellent!

My son has been happy with his... if you haven't yet, download their app to take advantage of the Link module included with the Maxx.