Traxxas Sledge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're comparing two different scales there. The $549 one is 1/8th scale, and the $929 one is 1/5 scale. Do you have web links for what you are looking at? I am not seeing a Kraton EXB for $929. The 1/5 scale one is HUGE! You'll need a big area to work on it 😉

Building a kit is always the best way to go, especially if money is not a problem. But I am curious which kit you are thinking about?
Hi,

Ya, I'm a little confused on the pricing. Here are the links to 3 RC's (All Kraton 1/8 6S). The Eliminator RC website is .com, however I assume the pricing is Canadian otherwise it would be crazy expensive to purchase through them with a 25%ish conversion rate on top yet. FYI, the Arrma Kraton 1/5th is approx $1300 here in canada...I believe.

AMAZON: Canada (Arrma 1/8 Kraton 6s V5 4WD BLX Speed Monster RC Truck with Spectrum Firma RTR) - $549.99

https://www.amazon.ca/ARRMA-KRATON-..._reviews&filterByStar=three_star&pageNumber=1

Eliminator RC: (Arrma 1/8 Kraton 6s V5 4WD BLX Speed Monster Truck with Spektrum Firma RTR) - $739.99

https://webstore.eliminator-rc.com/...speed-monster-truck-w-spektrum-firma-rtr-blue

Eliminator RC: (Arrma 1/8 Kraton 6S BLX 4X4 Extreme Bash Speed Monster Truck RTR) - 929.99

https://webstore.eliminator-rc.com/...x4-extreme-bash-speed-monster-truck-rtr-black

Thanks

Very true. That's how I keep justifying buying more trucks. Gotta have the right one for each place I drive and how I'm driving. :D
Don't forget to get a spare for each surface. 🤣🤣

I've bonded with my Kraton but the diffs have always been a sore spot. The purchase of my Sledge was in direct response to being done with Arrma diff issues. Specifically, breaking the back sides of the LSD gears and breaking the 2.5mm pins that sit behind them.
I think it’s likely a power to weight thing. The Arma’s are all substantially faster by scale. They are also heavier. The Traxxas does have an aluminum frame. But, it’s a lighter and slower car. Just makes it more durable across the board.

The Sledge without the body in the December RotM contest is mine. It's heavy, incredibly fast, and has no diff or drivetrain issues of any kind.
I think it’s likely a power to weight thing. The Arma’s are all substantially faster by scale. They are also heavier. The Traxxas does have an aluminum frame. But, it’s a lighter and slower car. Just makes it more durable across the board.

20231118_095359.jpg

Numbers are good.

Kraton 6s
Wheelbase 14.84"
Weight no batteries BLX 10.67lb, EXB 12.24lb

Sledge
Wheelbase 15.10"
Weight no batteries 12.74lb

All numbers are from the Amain website.

So far, I have not experienced any issues with either my 6S or 8S Kraton diffs. That being said the 6S doesn't have as much use as the 8S but so far so good. The 4S is a whole different story cuz it's a whole different rig.

As far as I can tell, the Sledge is essentially the same rig as the Kraton 6S. It's built essentially the same, and even looks basically the same. same basic size even, which is hilarious to me that Traxxas straight up copied the Kraton after having the nerve to sue everyone else for even remotely encroaching on any of their designs or naming conventions. It's the height of hypocrisy. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Numbers are good.

Kraton 6s
Wheelbase 14.84"
Weight no batteries BLX 10.67lb, EXB 12.24lb

Sledge
Wheelbase 15.10"
Weight no batteries 12.74lb

All numbers are from the Amain website.
See, I knew as soon as I saw the Sledge it was a direct ripoff of the Kraton, but I assumed they used a plastic chassis like everything else they sell. I didn't even reslize they also ripped off the chassis design. Kind of a shady thing to do considering how Traxxas likes to sue companies for stealing their designs, which aren't even their designs to begin with. I can't wait to see them sue Arrma for stealing their design for the Sledge 😅

See, I knew as soon as I saw the Sledge it was a direct ripoff of the Kraton, but I assumed they used a plastic chassis like everything else they sell. I didn't even reslize they also ripped off the chassis design. Kind of a shady thing to do considering how Traxxas likes to sue companies for stealing their designs, which aren't even their designs to begin with. I can't wait to see them sue Arrma for stealing their desihn for the Sledge 😅
Jinx! You owe me a coke! 🤣

For me the debate is over.
Last month I submitted my bad a$$ Sledge for the RotM contest and this month I'll be submitting my bad a$$ Kraton.
Which do I like more? That depends on what day you ask me.

For me the debate is over.
Last month I submitted my bad a$$ Sledge for the RotM contest and this month I'll be submitting my bad a$$ Kraton.
Which do I like more? That depends on what day you ask me.
I have nothing against the Sledge. I just don't have a need for one. Even with the stock electronics, this thing rips. It has a lot of M2C stuff on it as well.
received_538512914060415.jpeg

I come from a different place. Back in the day we built and raced our Losi and Associateds to race at tracks that were abundant. Now the tracks are gone and the RTR's are the way to go. So I jumped in and bought a Rustler. Amazing performance and run times, but too fast for its own good. Everything breaks, and I'm a pretty good driver. It bashes too hard. Then I thought I'd try the Fiesta rally car, and not bash so hard. Great fun, but not really fast enough. So, I took all the VXL stuff from the Rustler and transplanted it, and that thing is terrific as well. In the right conditions. One thing that has NOT been problematic at all on all these setups is the electronics (all Traxxas). I've not had the problems everyone is talking about.

I come from a different place. Back in the day we built and raced our Losi and Associateds to race at tracks that were abundant. Now the tracks are gone and the RTR's are the way to go. So I jumped in and bought a Rustler. Amazing performance and run times, but too fast for its own good. Everything breaks, and I'm a pretty good driver. It bashes too hard. Then I thought I'd try the Fiesta rally car, and not bash so hard. Great fun, but not really fast enough. So, I took all the VXL stuff from the Rustler and transplanted it, and that thing is terrific as well. In the right conditions. One thing that has NOT been problematic at all on all these setups is the electronics (all Traxxas). I've not had the problems everyone is talking about.
My Rally got upgraded with a brushless system as well (plus a center diff instead of their "Stall Clutch"), and it really is a fun car.

I'm piece by piece building a Rustler 4x4, and it's getting a few changes from the start (like that center diff).

Back