Best crawling ever.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
This is the very reason I love Idaho. Less than an hour from my front door. We went up Grouse hunting but I forget Elk opens this weekend so the mountains were pretty busy with campers. This is always incredible places to crawl..

IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG

Omg dude that spot is awesome
Omg dude that spot is awesome
I so need to be there just to walk it
Reminds me of the foot hills in Boulder Colorado. When I lived there. I so miss being out west...so jealous rite now 😩 😪 😫 😢 😉😉👍👍👍👍👍

It is beautiful country for sure. We have the Manns Creek area only 15 minutes from us and this place is about an hour or so from us.

The wife and I love it here in Idaho. My son moved to texas 4 years ago but came back to Idaho this July simply because he missed it.

Last edited:
Makes me wanna drive up thee. I have the same, but all sand and weeds, atleast until a few more counties north.

I have been looking up areas in Idaho and Utah for like 2 weeks. I thought Colorado was beautiful. Idaho and Utah are just as amazing from what I have seen, minus Pike's Peak and the Royal Gorge. Those are pretty much awe inspiring sights in Colorado. And those kinda views just continue though the Rockies.

I wish I had done a LOT more driving around this country when I was still able to do so. My dad died wishing he had seen the Grand Canyon, but he never really went too far from home. I wish I had realized how much I would feel the same as him once I got older.

I've been to a lot of different sight seeing placing in AZ when I lived there years ago and honestly, imho, the Grand Canyon was my least favorite. Not that its not cool but its the least cool out of all the places I've seen in that state.

I lived in AZ years ago and I agree, The Grand Canyon is ok the first time but not that exciting if you visit several times.

This is just 32 miles north of me, but the last time I was here was 6 years ago, and I was in severe pain by the time I got back to my vehicle then. I could never make it back into this area of this park now. These are just a few of the many locations in this park that would be wicked cool crawling territory. It can be 100°F outside, and when you get back here it is always cool and comfortable.

27dcbd32711209be8dc0445e30326324.jpg

Cliffs+in+Turkey+Run+State+Park.jpeg

Turkey-Run-Mist-Ca3364.jpg

440130226.jpeg
turkey_run_mary_kauffmann-kennel.jpg

It isn't too far from where they hold Axialfest. Top location is Axialfest on this map, and I am about the same distance south of the bottom location, which is Turkey Run State Park.
Screenshot_20211001-182841_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
That certainly is beautiful country! Luckily, I also have plenty of natural, wild beauty here in New England. While I work in the metropolis of Boston, I live just across the border on the NH side. Wild places are in close proximity all around me. 2 hours away are the majestic white mountains. The natural beauty of Maine and Vermont are just a hop and a skip away as well.
RC has taken all my free time this year, so I didn't get any camping or day hike excursions in this year. The last couple of years had me spending a lot of time playing in the woods and water (kayaking/fishing). I really enjoyed day hikes deep into the woods, setting up my hammock, building a small fire for a quick meal, then just chilling back in the hammock and taking in the scenery and serenity.
Once my RC fever cools off a bit, I'll get back out there again. I'm just on a little break right now 😉
0718201105.jpg
0613201022.jpg
0607201124a.jpg
0515201219.jpg
0508201337.jpg
.0223191643.jpg
0202191044.jpg
1216180855e.jpg

0808201217.jpg

Awesome country.
We live about 12 blocks or so from the Oregon border and there is some beautiful country there as well.

That certainly is beautiful country! Luckily, I also have plenty of natural, wild beauty here in New England. While I work in the metropolis of Boston, I live just across the border on the NH side. Wild places are in close proximity all around me. 2 hours away are the majestic white mountains. The material beauty of Maine and Vermont are just a hop and a skip away as well.
RC has taken all my free time this year, so I didn't get any camping or day hike excursions in this year. The last couple of years had me spending a lot of time playing in the woods and water (kayaking/fishing). I really enjoyed day hikes deep into the woods, setting up my hammock, building a small fire for a quick meal, then just chilling back in the hammock and taking in the scenery and serenity.
Once my RC fever coolsView attachment 134145View attachment 134146View attachment 134147View attachment 134148View attachment 134149View attachment 134150View attachment 134151View attachment 134152View attachment 134153 off a bit, I'll get back out there again. I'm just on a little break right now 😉
I watch that show North Woods Law and there certainly is some beautiful areas up that way.

Thats prob the best thing about S.E. TN. You can go just a hr or so away from home and feel like ur so deep u can't find your way out. Or if u like the city life Atlanta and Nashville about equal 2hr drive. The mountains here are a beautiful site. We have the Smoky Mtns. Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburgh TN. Very cool. But a bit touristy also

The most awesome thing about being retired is the fact our weekends are Monday thru Friday. Rarely do we see other people when we go to the mountains. Today was a bit different because of the hunters.

The most awesome thing about being retired is the fact our weekends are Monday thru Friday. Rarely do we see other people when we go to the mountains. Today was a bit different because of the hunters.
This is the very reason I don't go to the popular areas much, such as the White Mountains. Too many people! I seek the quiet town forests and paths least traveled.

I live on a couple blocks from one of the most dangerous highways in Idaho.
As a matter of fact, 5 years ago my mother was T-boned by a semi and we almost lost her.
On weekends, we stay in town and off the highway.