Beginner in need of some assistance.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I'm impressed. Other than telling you that I designed that now obsolete computer you used, I'll give you credit for out researching me on this one. Gee, if we could only learn to play nice together and share. Nah, what fun is that?

Wow! I'm impressed. Other than telling you that I designed that now obsolete computer you used, I'll give you credit for out researching me on this one. Gee, if we could only learn to play nice together and share. Nah, what fun is that?
Who needs to play nice together when we can play nasty? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Alright, so after multiple issues with my actual car, i got round to ordering the OS8 glow plug for my brother. Expect to see some videos of it running at some point this week :)

Alright, so after multiple issues with my actual car, i got round to ordering the OS8 glow plug for my brother. Expect to see some videos of it running at some point this week :)
Good choice, I'd still recommend cleaning the carburetor and replacing or cleaning the lines before starting- they're almost certainly going to be gummed up :) Have you ordered any fuel?

Good choice, I'd still recommend cleaning the carburetor and replacing or cleaning the lines before starting- they're almost certainly going to be gummed up :) Have you ordered any fuel?

I will do. Any tips for doing so ? and i have not: I'm gonna try it on the current fuel, but will definitely look into some newer stuff once we can see if there are any problems with the car set up itself. Are there any issues that are directly related to bad fuel, other than not starting?

Difficulty starting and difficulty tuning. I recommend you get a quart of new fuel. When the engine is running the way it should you can try out the old fuel. Trying to locate a problem while running old fuel is impossible. If it still runs well on the old fuel, you can still use it.
You haven't lost anything.

I will do. Any tips for doing so ? and i have not: I'm gonna try it on the current fuel, but will definitely look into some newer stuff once we can see if there are any problems with the car set up itself. Are there any issues that are directly related to bad fuel, other than not starting?
Take the lines out and either get new ones or spray some NO RESIDUE cleaner through them. With the carb, do the same thing.

Difficulty starting and difficulty tuning. I recommend you get a quart of new fuel. When the engine is running the way it should you can try out the old fuel. Trying to locate a problem while running old fuel is impossible. If it still runs well on the old fuel, you can still use it.
You haven't lost anything.

Good point. Ill tell my brother.

Take the lines out and either get new ones or spray some NO RESIDUE cleaner through them. With the carb, do the same thing.

Ok, thank you.

The glow plug arrived today, so testing may commence this weekend depending on the weather.

Good point. Ill tell my brother.

Ok, thank you.

The glow plug arrived today, so testing may commence this weekend depending on the weather.
Keep us updated- don't forget videos and pics if there are issues :)

Keep us updated- don't forget videos and pics if there are issues :)
Will do. And i have to say, you guys are great when it comes to information. I'm part of quite a few forums, and i haven't had such fast, straight to the point replies to any questions on any of them! So thank you all very much. On my brothers behalf :) He'd have sat there with a face like thunder if it wasn't for you guys so :D

You're definitely all going the right way about it
Thanks a lot :) - as Rolex said- we do it of our own free will, we just like to help other members into the hobby and help people who are struggling. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for us I don't think the hobby would be surviving in this day and age with technology seen as a much more interesting thing. Again, thanks for the kind words, they're greatly appreciated :)

That snippet alone made it worth helping out a fellow RC'r! That's a great line!

I thought this was a common saying, but maybe its just a UK thing :D

threatened with putting dirt on that shiny savage of yours

I'm intrigued... How shiny are we talking? I like to keep my actual car real clean, and i think id just about resist threats to someone dirtying it for not doing something XD

@Rolex likes to keep them really clean. He likes them so clean in fact that he never takes them out to run them. He only takes them out of their hermetically-sealed dust-proof enclosures to polish and wax them.

@Rolex likes to keep them really clean. He likes them so clean in fact that he never takes them out to run them. He only takes them out of their hermetically-sealed dust-proof enclosures to polish and wax them.
Riiiight ok, I'm the same when it comes to my bike. I keep baby wipes in my car and my bag just in case :')

It's really not that extreme, but that's what I'm accused of during my beatings.

Back