any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I haven’t tried it. I did a quick search on it and it looks like a subscription thing. I’m not big on those kinds of things but it’s something to keep in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!
Looks like the latest re-release, called Rocksmith+, did go subscription based. $15/mo or $99/yr but I read that there are thousands of songs and a whole array of lesson material. Its a whole lot cheaper than lessons or some other teaching websites I've seen out there.

@2wdMod I read that they upgraded the interface in this newest re-release of the game. I wonder if they actually made it good enough to use properly now. I may have to explore this option. It sounds great to me.

Yeah , seeing how they have handled the game over years makes me bit nervous about a yearly sub.. there was 2 years solid the game just didnt work at all, or it would work for a bit and you would get a windows update and bam , couldnt play it again for another month, etc.. Just HORRIBLE support on the game end of it. So yeah , I would suggest a monthly sub for a bit until they prove they arent going to ghost the players again.. I have a windows 8 computer I have offline for my mill, I keep it on that so it doesn't update and lock up again,LOL

My wife Christmas present finally showed up today. Yamaha P45 Keyboard.

20230102_123351.jpg
20230102_123330.jpg

Very Nice!! That is one thing I have wanted for a bit . a decent stand alone keyboard .
Its only got about 8 or 10 voices but it does have a USB connection if you wanted to run it through a DAW. Its comes with a cheap plastic sustain pedal but I ordered her a separate more realistic piano style pedal. It has weighed keys which feel really nice, just like if you were playing an acoustic. For a little over $700 its a nice set up imo.

Its only got about 8 or 10 voices but it does have a USB connection if you wanted to run it through a DAW. Its comes with a cheap plastic sustain pedal but I ordered her a separate more realistic piano style pedal. It has weighed keys which feel really nice, just like if you were playing an acoustic. For a little over $700 its a nice set up imo.
DAW, I WISH!!LOL I am so Lo-tech it isnt funny..LOL my recording rig is so 2005.. stand alone 8 track deck , a small 4 ch mixer , Alesis drum machine,a couple cheap mics.. I think that keyboard could buy my recording rig twice over ,LOL

DAW, I WISH!!LOL I am so Lo-tech it isnt funny..LOL my recording rig is so 2005.. stand alone 8 track deck , a small 4 ch mixer , Alesis drum machine,a couple cheap mics.. I think that keyboard could buy my recording rig twice over ,LOL
Everything is overly complicated it seems like now-a-days. Or maybe I'm just getting old. lol. I feel like I need to take a class for anything new I want to learn these days lol

Everything is overly complicated it seems like now-a-days. Or maybe I'm just getting old. lol. I feel like I need to take a class for anything new I want to learn these days lol
YESS!! I think the sound quality I get is pretty good on my recordings , and my complete set-up is this difficult,LOL , the hardest thing I own to use is the Alesis drum machine. That one took a minute to learn how to program and build a drum track .. The 8 track is super easy to use.. has a built in cd burner ..
guitar gear.jpg

fostex.jpg

Little update.. had surgery today. 8 more cancerous growths taken out.. got to keep my bladder.. wont be doing any singing for quite some time ,LOL .. so time to write a tune or 2 to sing to when I can.. Timing is everything.. So glad this popped up when it did .. Would have sucked to have comitted to a gig and had to bail ..

Little update.. had surgery today. 8 more cancerous growths taken out.. got to keep my bladder.. wont be doing any singing for quite some time ,LOL .. so time to write a tune or 2 to sing to when I can.. Timing is everything.. So glad this popped up when it did .. Would have sucked to have comitted to a gig and had to bail ..
Stay strong man! I don’t really know you but I can tell from your posts you’re a good dude with the attitude to overcome. Definitely in your corner man!

Best wishes for a quick recovery.
Thank you sir. Now I get to go learn all about the fun of chemo. This is the 2nd time I have had this issue.. Last surgery was in 2021, So since it came back , we are discussing options to prevent another issue in another couple years.

Thank you sir. Now I get to go learn all about the fun of chemo. This is the 2nd time I have had this issue.. Last surgery was in 2021, So since it came back , we are discussing options to prevent another issue in another couple years.
getting old sucks. hang in there!

Sorry to hear this, but it's good that your on top of it. Will give you some time to whip up some more cool 3D stuff too. :) Thought are with you man. :thumbs-up:

Sorry to hear this, but it's good that your on top of it. Will give you some time to whip up some more cool 3D stuff too. :) Thought are with you man. :thumbs-up:
I'm at the computer with machines going right now!!LOL I got some new filament delivered yesterday so I actually had prints started before I went to bed last night,LOL Imagine being stuck with a catheter in for a week.. Standing is good.. laying is good.. sitting is NO BUENO!! LOL so I am currently playing the hang out in the basement workshop and stand for a bit , then go lay down for a bit game.. . seriously , this time around , I had a GREAT doctor.. The biggest discomfort I have today (other than the catheter leash on my thingi) is my throat and sinusses are irritated from being intubated while I was under.. Hardly any bleeding .. Last time I only had 2 removed and I didnt get out of bed for 4 days. Bled like crazy for the first 2.