any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new guitar was delayed yesterday but it just showed up. I am letting it acclimate for a few hours before I open it.
Usually when my guitars are delivered to me in a small van, they stay pretty warm but it is pretty cold out so I'll give it a few hours.

IMG_0715.JPG

My new guitar was delayed yesterday but it just showed up. I am letting it acclimate for a few hours before I open it.
Usually when my guitars are delivered to me in a small van, they stay pretty warm but it is pretty cold out so I'll give it a few hours.

View attachment 157068
you're such a tease TP! :p

Here she is.
I love it. Right out of the box she look incredible but I had to do some fret work.
I was getting some buzz between the 5th and 6th fret and they needed rounded off because they were a little sharp on the ends.
There is also a few dings here and there and some of the binding was poorly installed but no big deal.
The string ferrule's were installed a bit rough but also not a big deal.
This is a high production budget guitar so honestly I expected worse.
She sounds and plays awesome now. The humbuckers are amazing and they are going to stay in the guitar.
Definitely worth the $125 my friend paid for it.

IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0720.JPG

Here she is.
I love it. Right out of the box she look incredible but I had to do some fret work.
I was getting some buzz between the 5th and 6th fret and they needed rounded off because they were a little sharp on the ends.
There is also a few dings here and there and some of the binding was poorly installed but no big deal.
The string ferrule's were installed a bit rough but also not a big deal.
This is a high production budget guitar so honestly I expected worse.
She sounds and plays awesome now. The humbuckers are amazing and they are going to stay in the guitar.
Definitely worth the $125 my friend paid for it.

View attachment 157075View attachment 157076View attachment 157077View attachment 157078View attachment 157079
Nice! yeah the stock IYV electronics are really good sounding for the price for sure!..

so I have come to the end of my audition journey .. I didnt even send the 2nd video . I was forced to send an e-mail "tapping out" last week .. Long story short I have some medical issues that just coincidentally decided to come pay me a visit after thinking I was done with all that.. Cancer sucks boys and girls.. Cancer sucks.

so I have come to the end of my audition journey .. I didnt even send the 2nd video . I was forced to send an e-mail "tapping out" last week .. Long story short I have some medical issues that just coincidentally decided to come pay me a visit after thinking I was done with all that.. Cancer sucks boys and girls.. Cancer sucks.
Crap, sorry to hear that, gotta take care of your health though. It's been that kind of year.

Crap, sorry to hear that, gotta take care of your health though. It's been that kind of year.
Yeah , it is what it is at this point, man, I appreciate the sentiment though.. wasn't trying to 'let the air out of the room' Just wanted to splain what happened.. I did find out what the gig would have been .. kind of a good thing that things didnt go down different .. Its a cruise ship gig.. so yeah , The missus wouldnt have been happy bout that one bit , and honestly I dont think my cantankerous old hiney could deal with 2 weeks solid of ultra- drunks without telling someone off,LOL

Yeah , it is what it is at this point, man, I appreciate the sentiment though.. wasn't trying to 'let the air out of the room' Just wanted to splain what happened.. I did find out what the gig would have been .. kind of a good thing that things didnt go down different .. Its a cruise ship gig.. so yeah , The missus wouldnt have been happy bout that one bit , and honestly I dont think my cantankerous old hiney could deal with 2 weeks solid of ultra- drunks without telling someone off,LOL

Cruise ship would not be my cup of tea either.

Hope things turn out ok for ya! I've been dealing with medical issues myself these last couple of years. It really takes the wind out of ya after awhile.

Hope things turn out ok for ya! I've been dealing with medical issues myself these last couple of years. It really takes the wind out of ya after awhile.
Yep, I can relate as well. One back surgery down and probably another to go. Definitely pulling for you 2wdMod. I finally snapped a couple pics of one of my guitars. I’ll try to add a couple more in a day or two. Saw some other cool ones in the thread. Definitely more fun looking at guitars than visiting doctors!
8E3A4093-62F6-4F3D-A827-30903D358006.jpeg
550398B2-E198-4ECB-9380-F236DD95D8F8.jpeg
5362C75B-6F6A-4B08-8B1A-2289B758B830.jpeg

Dope thread! I'm a huge music nut but I can't play anything. I have a couple guitars but every time I decide to commit to trying to learn something I give up. And now there is a million different references on learning guitar that I have less and less interest.

Dope thread! I'm a huge music nut but I can't play anything. I have a couple guitars but every time I decide to commit to trying to learn something I give up. And now there is a million different references on learning guitar that I have less and less interest.
That is me also bro. I feel it. Nice to hear from ya though. :)

some variety helps after a while. dont limit yourself if you love music.. Days I am not inspired to play guitar I might sing, or learn a bass part to a song I know other parts to , or program a drum track to a song I want to cover , Or even just listen to cool tunes to find some inspiration.. its all music appreciation..

Same here, I have a couple nice guitars but cannot stick with trying to learn to play them long enough to be able to do much of anything. Sad but they sure look cool on the stand !! :D
Just wondering if any of you guys have used rocksmith ?? I dont care for playing songs with it because there is a lag , but for things like learning scales, modes , and technique work its awesome!! It sure helps build some skills that otherwise were lacking..

Just wondering if any of you guys have used rocksmith ?? I dont care for playing songs with it because there is a lag , but for things like learning scales, modes , and technique work its awesome!! It sure helps build some skills that otherwise were lacking..
I have actually wondered if that was any good cuz I loved guitar hero back in the day even though that wasn't really playing. I may pick that up and have a go with it.

I have actually wondered if that was any good cuz I loved guitar hero back in the day even though that wasn't really playing. I may pick that up and have a go with it.
Like I said its great for learning scales etc, since it takes that boring stuff and makes it into a game.. I do not like the main game portion however, constantly having to play ahead of the beat to get the timing right for the game is super annoying as hell.. tried adjusting the lag in the settings , but it's just annoying as hell..

No, I haven’t tried it. I did a quick search on it and it looks like a subscription thing. I’m not big on those kinds of things but it’s something to keep in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!