any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it! Kinda puts me in mind of some of the old surf guitar stuff but modernized. Like if peepee Dale dropped acid and got a pedal or two for his rig. I didn’t notice a lot of slop in it myself but anyway rock and roll was never meant to be perfect, it’s 90 percent attitude. Good job!

I guess the filter changed the shortened form of Richard to peepee for me there.
its cool that you get kind of a peepee Dale vibe from it ..LOVE that stuff!! Former skateboarder so my musical tastes and style come from a lot of music that was just about getting you pumped up to skate.. Nothing like flowing a bowl with some good tunes pumping man.. Its why I am 50 and wanted cut my feet off when the cold weather set in this year, LOL.. skateboarding has been on the list of things my body wont deal with for about 15 years now.. Still love the tunes from that era though! speaking of peepee Dale one of my you tube favs just dropped a killer cover of Miserlou a couple weeks back.. Heres a modern take on a real classic
BTW it is abso-fricken-lutely hilarious that even trying to use the proper form of Mr. Dale's name the algorithm changes it to kind of an improper reference , LOL .. It used to be the 2nd most common name on the planet next to John, but we can't even use it in the correct manner in public spaces now.. LOL!

Last edited:
its cool that you get kind of a peepee Dale vibe from it ..LOVE that stuff!! Former skateboarder so my musical tastes and style come from a lot of music that was just about getting you pumped up to skate.. Nothing like flowing a bowl with some good tunes pumping man.. Its why I am 50 and wanted cut my feet off when the cold weather set in this year, LOL.. skateboarding has been on the list of things my body wont deal with for about 15 years now.. Still love the tunes from that era though! speaking of peepee Dale one of my you tube favs just dropped a killer cover of Miserlou a couple weeks back.. Heres a modern take on a real classic
BTW it is abso-fricken-lutely hilarious that even trying to use the proper form of Mr. Dale's name the algorithm changes it to kind of an improper reference , LOL .. It used to be the 2nd most common name on the planet next to John, but we can't even use it in the correct manner in public spaces now.. LOL!
Yeah, no kidding. We’re just referencing a real dudes name and the thing that’s watching out for us made it all distasteful. It’s like an insult to one of the greats. But anyway, I can definitely relate to the “stuff I can’t do anymore”. Mine is spine related, so I’m rather limited to what I can do these days. That’s one reason I’m trying to get back into rc a little. Not as strenuous as most of my other hobbies. Keep on rockin!

Wow I found something I forgot about.. A few years back I had some oral surgery that went pretty rough to say the least.. So no vocals for about 6 months, so for a while I was just writing instrumentals .. This is one I wrote during that time. I intened on putting some vocals to it after I could sing again , but listening to the instrumental just made me want to go FAST , so I set it to a slide show of drag cars launching and called it , the hole shot blues.. This was really just intended to be a draft good enough to write vocals to so the guitar work is a bit sloppy joe, I thought it sounded cool as is so I just left it as is .. Enjoy.
good stuff!

A good friend of mine from another forum bought this for me and it will be here tomorrow.
He has bought me 3 guitars now.

spalted 1.jpg
spalted 2.jpg

Very nice dual humbucker semi-hollow tele!! Is that the Iyv one by chance??
Yes it is, I wanted to try one but was going to wait until after Xmas to get it but my friend surprised me with it.
The reviews and demos are pretty decent.
These pics I pulled off the web so not sure what the pattern will look like on mine.

This will be coming right after Xmas...

OIP.jpg

Last edited:
These pics I pulled off the web so not sure what the pattern will look like on mine.
Hopefully the one you get is a lot more rotten. I have seen truckloads of Spalted Maple go through the woodshop I worked at. Some of the patterns in that wood is absolutely beautiful.
images (2).jpeg
istockphoto-687085302-612x612.jpg

Screenshot_20221218-174639_Chrome.jpg

No doubt it is some beautiful patterns. I have no clue what mine will be. I'll find out the day after tomorrow though.
Any time I get a guitar in the winter, living in cold country, I let it acclimate over night.

If it turns out to be a not so good guitar then it will be my oar. ;)
LOL some wouldnt even be good for that,LOL That purple Grote tele I got from amazon would have made some gorgeous kindling, but thats about it other than just being decor,LOL well the neck would haave made an awesome boomerang, but you get the idea..

LOL some wouldnt even be good for that,LOL That purple Grote tele I got from amazon would have made some gorgeous kindling, but thats about it other than just being decor,LOL well the neck would haave made an awesome boomerang, but you get the idea..
What? You're saying buying a guitar online turned out badly? 😂

Seriously though, I would have a really hard time buying a guitar I haven't been able to play first, and I am not a guitarist by any stretch of the imagination. I have been to a number of guitar shops and played lots of guitars, and rarely do I find one I would consider buying. Usually because I don't like something about the neck.

The Grote's are seriously hit and miss, I mentioned that my friend bought me three guitars and a Grote 335 is one of them. Out of the box it was rough.
It needed a good set up of course but also needed a fret job. It's now one of my favorite guitars and I use it every day when watching tv unplugged.
She plays awesome now and sounds incredible with a set of GFS Dream 90s.

Grote.JPG

The Grote's are seriously hit and miss, I mentioned that my friend bought me three guitars and a Grote 335 is one of them. Out of the box it was rough.
It needed a good set up of course but also needed a fret job. It's now one of my favorite guitars and I use it every day when watching tv unplugged.
She plays awesome now and sounds incredible with a set of GFS Dream 90s.

View attachment 157027
I wish I had your skills. I looked into Luthier vids a long time ago, and it looks like a lot of fun, but I just don't have room to mess with it.

What? You're saying buying a guitar online turned out badly? 😂

Seriously though, I would have a really hard time buying a guitar I haven't been able to play first, and I am not a guitarist by any stretch of the imagination. I have been to a number of guitar shops and played lots of guitars, and rarely do I find one I would consider buying. Usually because I don't like something about the neck.
Honestly with guitars , I would rather buy them WITHOUT being set-up at the store so I know exactly what I'm working with..Nothing worse than taking the rod cover off only to find out the truss rod has already been cranked down just to make it playable at the store.. On the real I have only had 2 instances thus far where a guitar purchased online was sent back so far, The tele I mentioned and a Hofner (beatles) bass clone .. and the Bass had nothing wrong with the guitar . It looked and played gorgeous, but the pickups were very weak output. So far I have bought 14 guitars online. some from Amazon, Some from Musicians Friend , some from music 123. NEVER on ebay or forums!! ALWAYS somewhere with a FREE return policy so If it shows up and its beyond help, back it goes.. I did have to send one back due to shipping damage , but that was on nobody , and a replacement arrived almost before I had the damaged one on the way back to them..

Honestly with guitars , I would rather buy them WITHOUT being set-up at the store so I know exactly what I'm working with..Nothing worse than taking the rod cover off only to find out the truss rod has already been cranked down just to make it playable at the store.. On the real I have only had 2 instances thus far where a guitar purchased online was sent back so far, The tele I mentioned and a Hofner (beatles) bass clone .. and the Bass had nothing wrong with the guitar . It looked and played gorgeous, but the pickups were very weak output. So far I have bought 14 guitars online. some from Amazon, Some from Musicians Friend , some from music 123. NEVER on ebay or forums!! ALWAYS somewhere with a FREE return policy so If it shows up and its beyond help, back it goes.. I did have to send one back due to shipping damage , but that was on nobody , and a replacement arrived almost before I had the damaged one on the way back to them..
I meant I have plsyed a lot of brand new guitars that I didn't like. When I bought my Strat years ago, I think I played 4 or 5 of them before I found one I really liked. But I knew nothing about setting up a guitar then. I have since learned a lot about doing it, but I still leave that to the pros.

On the used side of things, I would never buy one online, especially acoustics. I have played hundreds of used ones that were just mediocre at best. The Ibanez I bought from 6 Strings Down in Indy is a really nice playing guitar. I got it for $350 I think it was, and it came with a really nice hard case. It's far from a Martin, but it has a really good tone.
20221219_100153.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I had your skills. I looked into Luthier vids a long time ago, and it looks like a lot of fun, but I just don't have room to mess with it.
There is always room for improvement when I work on something. I'm far from where I would like to be when working on guitars.
I only do my own because it would be hard to explain why somebody's guitar took a flight down the hall.

There is always room for improvement when I work on something. I'm far from where I would like to be when working on guitars.
I only do my own because it would be hard to explain why somebody's guitar took a flight down the hall.
LOL I have thown them in the burn barrel before,LOL early on I Got a little parlor acoustic from a garage sale , neck was separating from the body at the heel joint, went through fixing that just to find I had not noticed a crack in the headstock , so when I went to string it the headstock broke off..LOL stripped the hardware off and she went in the burn barrel,LOL