any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdMod

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
Just wondering if there are any other musicians here.. I'm a guitar/bass/vocalist. I do write my own stuff but I really like to cover things "in the style of" punk.. So everything I do is either dropped a couple steps to a different key or the arrangement is tweaked slightly etc.. for example here is my rendition of a circle jerks song dropped a whole step this is "I'm Alive" off the Circle jerks " VI" album released in 1987 .. Dropped a whole step of course.

Last edited:
I'm not but I play my sax that I just paid off for school band. Also have my grandfather's old fender which I wanna play soon.

PXL_20221109_202444096.jpg

PXL_20221109_202658962.jpg

PXL_20221109_202705456.jpg

I'm a guitar player but just a noodler. I play along with youtube videos and am trying to learn some Jazz.
Punk really isn't my thing but I admire anybody who has the guts to stand up and play for the world who does enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

As a matter of fact, this Eart E 335 is going to be on the way after Xmas.

51bXyCuNAzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Nice!! I always wanted a 335 style for bluesy stuff

I love them. I have a Epi Riviera P93 which is one of my favs and also a friend from another forum sent me a Grote 335 for my Birthday a couple years ago.
It was a terrible guitar but I modded it an did a fret job on it and it plays pretty nice now.
As far as my go to jazz box, my P93 will always be on top.

R.jpg

I'm not but I play my sax that I just paid off for school band. Also have my grandfather's old fender which I wanna play soon.

View attachment 155258

View attachment 155259

View attachment 155260
NICE mexi strat!! Nice alto sax, Thats what I played in band .. started with alto , then tenor, ended up being the only marching baritone sax player in the state at the time!! Nice to see another sax player right off the mark!
I love them. I have a Epi Riviera P93 which is one of my favs and also a friend from another forum sent me a Grote 335 for my Birthday a couple years ago.
It was a terrible guitar but I modded it an did a fret job on it and it plays pretty nice now.
Yeah the grote's are hit or miss.. I was trying to get one of their neck through tele's off amazon a few winters back after the 3rd one showing up with a boomerang for a neck I just gave up..LOL

I'm a wannabe guitarist! 🤣

My 1985 80W Fender M-80 Pro SS Head
20221109_182403.jpg

My Fender sitting on top of a Fender GE-412 Cab
20220803_171614.jpg

My mid 2000s 100W Marshall MA100H Tube Head
20220816_152424.jpg

Marshall Head sitting on top of a Marshall VS412 Cab (sandwiched in between my Fender half stack, I need more room! lol)
20220821_080059.jpg

My 1971 120W Peavey Artist VT Tube Combo w/original Black Widow Speaker. This thing is impossibly loud for its size. Its crazy! :)
20221015_171125.jpg
20221015_183219.jpg

My pedal collection
20220828_085208.jpg

My Favorite Guitars are my two 1989 Matching BC Rich LA Series Warlock and 620ST Super Strat in Translucent Turquoise. (The Warlock is currently torn down for repairs)
20221023_085507.jpg
20220820_163044.jpg

2014 BC Rich Eagle - Evan Williams Promo Guitar
mxlt7ns62ltgdevzccw4.jpg

Jackson DS22 in Metallic Blue
20220803_134837.jpg

Squire Bullet Mustang in limited edition Seafoam Green
20220803_181919.jpg

Squire Strat
20220816_152641.jpg

And last but not least my Squire Acoustic.
20220803_171436.jpg

Last edited:
Some Nice gear guys!! I will admit I actually sold off all my "good" guitars and started playing "beaters" for live and practice .. Main thing to me is my make shift "studio" .. I run through a mixer into a Fostex MR-8HD multi-track deck.. My percussion section is an Alesis SR-16.. for effects I run an el cheapo Digitech RP-90 , and a BOSS GT-1 multi-effects processor. My current line up of guitars are totally expendable. LOL if I drop one I can buy another for a couple hundred. But thats the idea. From L to R , Literally a no name les Paul I bought off amazon for $100, the green guitar is an IYV branded copy of a PRS custom 24 also from Amazon for $179, The Tribal super strat with the Floyd trem is yep , another No name from amazon it was $89. the sunburst bass and the White V are from an online store called Rondo Music .. The short scale bass was $149, the V is set neck with EMG's and came with a hard case for $199.
guitar gear.jpg

Some Nice gear guys!! I will admit I actually sold off all my "good" guitars and started playing "beaters" for live and practice .. Main thing to me is my make shift "studio" .. I run through a mixer into a Fostex MR-8HD multi-track deck.. My percussion section is an Alesis SR-16.. for effects I run an el cheapo Digitech RP-90 , and a BOSS GT-1 multi-effects processor. My current line up of guitars are totally expendable. LOL if I drop one I can buy another for a couple hundred. But thats the idea. From L to R , Literally a no name les Paul I bought off amazon for $100, the green guitar is an IYV branded copy of a PRS custom 24 also from Amazon for $179, The Tribal super strat with the Floyd trem is yep , another No name from amazon it was $89. the sunburst bass and the White V are from an online store called Rondo Music .. The short scale bass was $149, the V is set neck with EMG's and came with a hard case for $199.View attachment 155284
I want me a PRS guitar one of these decades. The Ivy looks gorgeous. How do the Amazon guitars play and sound? Are they all kind of the same or are some models better than others?

I want me a PRS guitar one of these decades. The Ivy looks gorgeous. How do the Amazon guitars play and sound? Are they all kind of the same or are some models better than others?
The IYV is really nice for the price !! I was just sad the only color it comes in was the green, but when it showed up and I saw the gold in the flame top , I was sold . Just as with all internet guitars , it needed a proper set-up out of the box.. Intonation etc. It did need a bit of a fret job out of the box , but once again totally expected.. It plays nice it is all mahogany with a maple cap so it has a nice rich , warm tone to it. Very similar to a les paul tone but with a bit more depth to it. It is a shoulder killer though.. Its HEAVY!!! The amazon no name Les paul was the first experiment with the amazon guitars.. It was unplayable out the box.. needed fretwork BAD as the neck was slightly kinked right at the heel joint so frets 16 and up needed some love in a major way, but once that was done It plays really nice, sounds pretty good.. It is a set mahogany neck in a mahogany body , but with a veneer , not cap.. To be honest I was surprised it was even a veneer , I figured it would be like a poplar body with a graphic over lay.. The super strat with the floyd actually showed up with the most playable neck right out the box, but it needed some wiring help , just a broken wire going to the selector switch .. It feels very Ibanez like in the hands.. Its a crap shoot ordering from amazon. Thats why I only order things that have free returns via prime etc.. Shows up damaged or the neck is a bomerang, back it goes.. I have sent like 4 guitars back .. I was trying to get a "good" Grote set neck tele with dual humbuckers . Nice looking guitar , but I gave up after the 3rd one showed up with string action like a cello..
Grote.jpg

I'm a recliner player and only use two or three pedals. They stay on all the time and rarely do I hit the switch because they sit under my end table so it's a pain in the ass to actually bring them out with all the cables.
Because of that reason, I'm going to buy a Boss ME-80 Multi effects pedal.

The IYV is really nice for the price !! I was just sad the only color it comes in was the green, but when it showed up and I saw the gold in the flame top , I was sold . Just as with all internet guitars , it needed a proper set-up out of the box.. Intonation etc. It did need a bit of a fret job out of the box , but once again totally expected.. It plays nice it is all mahogany with a maple cap so it has a nice rich , warm tone to it. Very similar to a les paul tone but with a bit more depth to it. It is a shoulder killer though.. Its HEAVY!!! The amazon no name Les paul was the first experiment with the amazon guitars.. It was unplayable out the box.. needed fretwork BAD as the neck was slightly kinked right at the heel joint so frets 16 and up needed some love in a major way, but once that was done It plays really nice, sounds pretty good.. It is a set mahogany neck in a mahogany body , but with a veneer , not cap.. To be honest I was surprised it was even a veneer , I figured it would be like a poplar body with a graphic over lay.. The super strat with the floyd actually showed up with the most playable neck right out the box, but it needed some wiring help , just a broken wire going to the selector switch .. It feels very Ibanez like in the hands.. Its a crap shoot ordering from amazon. Thats why I only order things that have free returns via prime etc.. Shows up damaged or the neck is a bomerang, back it goes.. I have sent like 4 guitars back .. I was trying to get a "good" Grote set neck tele with dual humbuckers . Nice looking guitar , but I gave up after the 3rd one showed up with string action like a cello.. View attachment 155288
I kind of expected that to be the case. Hell even the Squires, while playable right out of the box, can use some set up and fret work right out of the gate. I've got it on my radar to eventually start learning to do more of that kind of work myself instead of having to pay someone to do it. I'm still pretty new to guitar though so I havent really done much more than a basic set up on one. Eventually would be cool to learn how to level and dress frets and maybe one day really learn how to do everything a guitar tech can do but like some many other things, I have so many hobbies that they all seem to take turns on the back burner and guitars lately have been on the back burner for me.

Not much of a musician but I love guitars. When I first got into 3d printing I made this one for my son.
received_2572005789788821.jpeg

1527900875293.png

I do want to get into playing guitar. I don't think my grandma kept a amp around. What my plan is to do is use my dad's DJ mixer and hook that up to my stereo or sound bar. I would have less settings but it should work. And the guitar might need a tune up since it hasn't been played in about 15 years. My plan is to keep playing sax in school till I get out of school. Or unless I can play guitar in the school band. Might even get some lessons too. :)

I do want to get into playing guitar. I don't think my grandma kept a amp around. What my plan is to do is use my dad's DJ mixer and hook that up to my stereo or sound bar. I would have less settings but it should work. And the guitar might need a tune up since it hasn't been played in about 15 years. My plan is to keep playing sax in school till I get out of school. Or unless I can play guitar in the school band. Might even get some lessons too. :)
Being a band student you are MILES ahead of most who try to learn guitar,LOL, you know the basics and can read and count music , key and time signatures.. Etc.. Etc.. Honestly just get a chord book and start there .. for most rock music, Eminor , A minor, G, D, chords will go a LONG way LOL You will be amazed how many tunes are written in E or A .. Learning the basic 12 barr blues lick is another super well used tool to have in your box. It transposes all over the fret board easily.. songs like "Long cool woman in a black dress " or "Travelin' band " are just 12 barr blues based licks through the entire song..

Not much of a musician but I love guitars. When I first got into 3d printing I made this one for my son.
View attachment 155293
View attachment 155294
You can play a hell of a lot better than me :)

Absolutely do that! Music is one of the best things in the world and to be able to express your inner self without using words is priceless. I feel like music and sports should be mandatory in school. Sports keep you healthy and teach you how to part of a team and music is just boundless what you can do with it and the joy that can be gained through it. I'll never end up being a great guitarist, I waited to late in life to even start learning and that is something I really regret. :)

Just some practice with morning coffee before I track this one out .. Some social distortion done with a bit more country twang to it .. My rendition of Social Distortion's This time Darlin'..

Country music with a V, I admire your enthusiasm. ;)
Nice job and thanks for sharing.

With a V my darling, it's just not the same.... :p :D:p

Its social distortion so technically the genre is "cow punk" , yeah I didnt know that was a thing either.. LOL