any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got dibs on the cowbell!
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by PeacockTV

Violinist here, started at 3 yrs and took 10 years to finish book 1 Suzuki. Christmas of 2022 I played at my church orchestra with a LOT of work. Going from playing “The Happy Farmer” to Aleluya Violin 2 from “Handel’s Messiah” was not easy. Now in 3 months almost done with book 2 and learning a simplified version of Bach concerto in D minor. I also play alot of piano, I know “Moonlight Sonata” 1st movement and Chopin’s “Nocturne” op. 9-2, my hardest songs.

Get to go pick up my baby tomorrow. 1989 BC Rick Warlock 630WL. The L.A. Series BC Richs are quite rare. If you go a do a google or ebay search for one you wont find one for sale 99.9% of the time. Theres varying reports out there but the reports put the production numbers of each of the various models in the LA Series line up at somewhere between 500-2000 depending on who you ask. So far I've managed to find two. The 620ST Super Strat I found was in pretty good condition and only needed a replacement trem block but the Warlock had seen some pretty heavy use.

They did pretty much a total restore to this thing. I had em install all new pots, switches, wiring, refretted the neck, installed custom made brass tremolo block, Schaller sure claw, and a set of Seymour Duncan Invaders.

IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4024.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg
IMG_3988.jpg
IMG_3979.jpg

Here a shot of her sister the 1989 620ST.
20220820_163044.jpg

Get to go pick up my baby tomorrow. 1989 BC Rick Warlock 630WL. The L.A. Series BC Richs are quite rare. If you go a do a google or ebay search for one you wont find one for sale 99.9% of the time. Theres varying reports out there but the reports put the production numbers of each of the various models in the LA Series line up at somewhere between 500-2000 depending on who you ask. So far I've managed to find two. The 620ST Super Strat I found was in pretty good condition and only needed a replacement trem block but the Warlock had seen some pretty heavy use.

They did pretty much a total restore to this thing. I had em install all new pots, switches, wiring, refretted the neck, installed custom made brass tremolo block, Schaller sure claw, and a set of Seymour Duncan Invaders.

View attachment 162002View attachment 162003View attachment 162004View attachment 162005View attachment 162006

Here a shot of her sister the 1989 620ST.
View attachment 162007
She's all purdy now! Now start playing them!

Got me a new warlock (the black one in the middle) that I have plans for fixing it all up and making it bada$$. Over the weekend we rearranged our living room. Almost looks like a guitar store now lol
20230402_175912.jpg

I found something interesting today. My dad loved watching The Grand Ole Opry, Hee Haw, and anything Country music on tv. Roy Clark was one of his favorites, and dad even met him one time while at the Opry. I never knew he was considered one of the best guitarists ever. This is pretty damned amazing.

Roy is amazing on anything with strings.. Both his guitar and banjo playing are phenomenal.

Roy is amazing on anything with strings.. Both his guitar and banjo playing are phenomenal.
Yeah, I have seen him play just about anything. But that was when I was a kid. I never appreciated it back then. I think his main instrument was fiddle if I remember correctly, which says a lot for his guitar skills.

I found something interesting today. My dad loved watching The Grand Ole Opry, Hee Haw, and anything Country music on tv. Roy Clark was one of his favorites, and dad even met him one time while at the Opry. I never knew he was considered one of the best guitarists ever. This is pretty damned amazing.
Loved Hee Haw and Roy Clark!

A few weeks ago I did my spring band concert at school. It went well. The whole band and even me improved a whole lot over the past few month between the winter concert and now. Now next year, High school has a marching band. Thinking about joining.

Yeah, the Epi is sweet but neck dive happy. I had to add 6oz. of lead weight to the control cavity to correct that.
Does it suffer the same issues as the Gibson SG with the 1st fret intonation being a tad off on the center strings? Mine has that problem, but it's not bad. Mine is a 60's tribute.

Not sure if mine is a tribute, got it used.
Does it suffer the same issues as the Gibson SG with the 1st fret intonation being a tad off on the center strings?
I haven't noticed... I'll check it later.
I do have a TP-6 tailpiece with individual string adjustment and microtuning so that might make a difference.

Not sure if mine is a tribute, got it used.

I haven't noticed... I'll check it later.
I do have a TP-6 tailpiece with individual string adjustment and microtuning so that might make a difference.
The way the center strings are at angles going over the bridge causes it. It's pretty common on those SG style guitars. Nothing to fret over (pun intended) 😜

I love mine. I bought it to learn some AC/DC, but never really did. I don't play much anymore.

Really nice collection you got there. By the way, I have never seen an electric 12 string guitar. I bet that sounds amazing.

I don't play much anymore.
Same here. I'm 69 and been in bands since high school. With a touch of carpal tunnel I'm limited to about 1/2 hour a day. Sold off all the big iron amps, I'll never gig out again anyway. Going to winnow the guitar herd down also, just keep one each of the major types (Strat, Tele, Jag, LP, SG, 335).
I have never seen an electric 12 string guitar. I bet that sounds amazing.
Cheapy China Cozart- plays surprisingly well and sounds fantastic, esp. w/ a little chorus. Well worth the $$$
https://www.ebay.com/b/Cozart-12-String-Electric-Guitars/33034/bn_82803319