any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Country music with a V, I admire your enthusiasm. ;)
Nice job and thanks for sharing.

With a V my darling, it's just not the same.... :p :D:p
waiting for some others to post up man.. I want to hear what you guys are doing.. I have a million of these just laying around ..LOL

For me, music has been a huge part of my life after high school however it started long before my high school days. All of my uncles, aunts, father, step father, grand father all played and many times during weekend get together I would sit and watch hour after hour of them playing.
It didn't take me long to get interested and with all the teachers at my finger tips.
My problem is, when they all passed on, I stepped away from it for years at a time and shouldn't have.
Here is one of my favorite pics of my uncle and father.
My uncle is on the left and he was a very good player and singer. and my father on the right.
However my uncle Tim was more of a father than my dad was.
The second pick is my uncle Tim also.

My uncle used to sing Big Bad John to me every time I went to stay with them on weekends.
I have heard that a lot of my cousins also play but I haven't seen them in 40 years.

My brother Jeff played drums for a band out of Seattle named "Unburdened" and they opened for Alice In Chains back in the day when they first got started. He has also taken lessons from either Neil Peart or John Rutsey, drummers from Rush but I honestly don't remember which one it was.

Tim and Dad.jpg
Tim.jpg

same here , I grew up with relatives from W. Virginia that would come visit for a week every summer, so with them and everybody at our house that played it was like a week long music fest.. Hence I have to admit that the first stringed instrument I played was a banjo.. Did that until I heard Motley Crue's take on Smokin' in the boys room and that was it , had to trade the banjo for an electric guitar.. I was taking banjo lessons at the local music store.. I was 8.. I told my banjo teacher if I couldnt play smokin in the boys room and make it sound like that with the banjo then I needed to switch,LOL

Its social distortion so technically the genre is "cow punk" , yeah I didnt know that was a thing either.. LOL
I didnt know there was such a thing as cow punk but then again I didnt know there was such a thing as Hick Hop either until I discovered Adam Calhoun and Ryan Upchurch either. :)

The only music I can play is on my stereo. :(
Dont feel bad Doom. All I can do is make a bunch of noise that has the dogs running upstairs lol

some of my other guitars.. This was my line up circa 07'- 08' washburn V was my E/dropd , dean 79 ' was my E flat/drop dflat , LTD mustaine 8 ball v was my D/drop c.. And the warlock acoustic was tuned to E flat.. when I was still playing out a lot.. Also a pic from the last 3 piece I was in as bass.. circa 2015..
guitars.jpg
3piece.jpg

some of my other guitars.. This was my line up circa 07'- 08' washburn V was my E/dropd , dean 79 ' was my E flat/drop dflat , LTD mustaine 8 ball v was my D/drop c.. And the warlock acoustic was tuned to E flat.. when I was still playing out a lot.. Also a pic from the last 3 piece I was in as bass.. circa 2015..
View attachment 155727View attachment 155728
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! What series Warlock is that?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...music was my life.

I started playing guitar around 14 or 15, enamored with Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads. I only had a cheap "toy" electric guitar, I forget what the hell it was. By 21 I had purchased a couple of nicer ones and really started learning to play. I met a guy around that time at a party that was similarly interested in guitar/music and we began a lifelong friendship as we sought out to form/join various bands. We had recorded a "shred" album together that was probably not very good. Then we formed a semi-grunge band that played one show, and it was rather bad. At that time I started trying to recruit some better musicians that we could play with, and I wound up stumbling into a situation where an Irish metal band (Grievence) that had relocated to the US was looking for a new lead guitarist, so I auditioned and got the gig. My buddy was/is a brilliant, multitalented musician, so very soon I brought him into the mix as a new bass player. The band was together about 3 more years after that, we played a large number of shows, recorded a few CD's, wound up signed to a local label (ironically, a hip hop label that was branching out).

These are a couple of songs from the first CD I was part of (it was their second overall).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-uxYGYE_bhQvS9LYM_2YJeNvU0VpzCx/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YYDQ4HQxuwVn6fwCfE9f49RWrC9DAa-1/view?usp=sharing

Some pics from those days:

Band promo pic, my buddy is in the back with the long black hair
18834_1245756987512_5454138_n.jpg

Me in 1994 with my rare (1 of 200) Concorde replica that was stolen from me a few years later :( (Best playing guitar I ever owned by far). Excuse the "jorts", lol, it was 1994!
18834_1245757067514_210839_n.jpg

Martinsburg, West Virginia 1997, CD release show (I think we did three or four CD release shows for that final recording).
18834_1245756907510_5625272_n.jpg

That band broke up and my buddy and I decided to form a new band, this time he decided he would play drums. We moved towards a more punk/hardcore sound. Another prominent band in our area split, and two of them joined us. Within a month we had written enough songs to record a CD and start playing shows (Quarter Inch Microbomb). This band was very active into the early 2000's, we played up and down the east coast and into the midwest. Then we all got married and had kids and whatnot...kinda "grew up". We reunited for a show in 2003 and recorded our final CD that was a mix of new songs and live ones from that show. Had another reunion show in 2006, and then another in 2013. In 2013 me and my buddy were both going through divorces, so we hung out and wrote a bunch of new material and it was really good stuff that we didn't wind up getting more than scratch recordings of unfortunately as the rest of the band just didn't have time to engage.

Couple of songs from that band (from 3 different CD's):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QqpGxUdxEGIDejFRNuJUioiFrjPIYLmZ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zpN9_uHs7SRRuFZfo2imv27pn5jrv9s3/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1iUcW3VQoIlHln6epdOgfQbZ7T1sVan/view?usp=sharing

Some pics:

At the local punk/metal dive bar 1998
21934_1251995943482_2027650_n.jpg

Charleston, SC 1998, waiting outside to go on
21934_1251995783478_2144769_n.jpg

Delaratos in Atlantic City 1999
21934_1251995383468_6852905_n.jpg

Somewhere in Kentucky in 2000
21934_1251996103486_1034369_n.jpg

Cumberland, 2000
21934_1251995663475_2843489_n.jpg

Cafe Tatoo, Baltimore, 2006
18834_1245757187517_533848_n.jpg

In 2001 I created a side project called Puzzle Fighter which was this weird attempt to fuse punk rock with industrial and jazz. I played guitar and "sang" (screamed mostly) these vocals that were heavily distorted ala Al Jourgenson of Ministry. We actually got booked heavily and some label interest thanks to the drummer who was really ambitious. I guess what we were doing was weird and unique enough in the heavy underground rock scene. We wound up playing only one show before breaking the band up due to conflicting levels of commitment. Unfortunately most of this band is now dead.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o9Odi_0Y2kkdy7neixv70EqOwv249oPt/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19gSJCcr_V3wdTpCNo5fRn2Itb3xAnT9-/view?usp=sharing

During covid lockdown, Grievence recorded a song that was lost in the shuffle during the final sessions. We sent tracks back and forth and wound up with this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1znHINCiCQjv6w8_Ry7DxyjCrcnIJhE_z/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! What series Warlock is that?
Its the early 2000's acoustic series.. Thinline hollow body , piezo pick up in the bridge with the 5 band on board eq. I actually got a smokin deal on it .. Local shop was closing .. came in on thier last day open. Offered $225 out the door, they took it.

I got a school concert coming up. This is basically my first concert. I had one in 5th grade but that was when I was just starting out with sax. Now I'm in 8th grade and play way better. It's a winter concert and I have to wear all black with some color tie or whatever for Christmas. I am playing "Carol of the Bells" which I think is a Ukrainian Christmas song and another song called down through the chimney which has a little part of jingle bells in it. Also another thing my school is doing for the concert is bringing high schoolers to come and shadow for us for help. It will be fun.
In 6th I was virtual. In 7th we couldn't have a concert due to covid.

Last edited:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...music was my life.

I started playing guitar around 14 or 15, enamored with Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads. I only had a cheap "toy" electric guitar, I forget what the hell it was. By 21 I had purchased a couple of nicer ones and really started learning to play. I met a guy around that time at a party that was similarly interested in guitar/music and we began a lifelong friendship as we sought out to form/join various bands. We had recorded a "shred" album together that was probably not very good. Then we formed a semi-grunge band that played one show, and it was rather bad. At that time I started trying to recruit some better musicians that we could play with, and I wound up stumbling into a situation where an Irish metal band (Grievence) that had relocated to the US was looking for a new lead guitarist, so I auditioned and got the gig. My buddy was/is a brilliant, multitalented musician, so very soon I brought him into the mix as a new bass player. The band was together about 3 more years after that, we played a large number of shows, recorded a few CD's, wound up signed to a local label (ironically, a hip hop label that was branching out).

These are a couple of songs from the first CD I was part of (it was their second overall).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-uxYGYE_bhQvS9LYM_2YJeNvU0VpzCx/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YYDQ4HQxuwVn6fwCfE9f49RWrC9DAa-1/view?usp=sharing

Some pics from those days:

Band promo pic, my buddy is in the back with the long black hair
View attachment 155738

Me in 1994 with my rare (1 of 200) Concorde replica that was stolen from me a few years later :( (Best playing guitar I ever owned by far). Excuse the "jorts", lol, it was 1994!
View attachment 155739

Martinsburg, West Virginia 1997, CD release show (I think we did three or four CD release shows for that final recording).
View attachment 155740

That band broke up and my buddy and I decided to form a new band, this time he decided he would play drums. We moved towards a more punk/hardcore sound. Another prominent band in our area split, and two of them joined us. Within a month we had written enough songs to record a CD and start playing shows (Quarter Inch Microbomb). This band was very active into the early 2000's, we played up and down the east coast and into the midwest. Then we all got married and had kids and whatnot...kinda "grew up". We reunited for a show in 2003 and recorded our final CD that was a mix of new songs and live ones from that show. Had another reunion show in 2006, and then another in 2013. In 2013 me and my buddy were both going through divorces, so we hung out and wrote a bunch of new material and it was really good stuff that we didn't wind up getting more than scratch recordings of unfortunately as the rest of the band just didn't have time to engage.

Couple of songs from that band (from 3 different CD's):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QqpGxUdxEGIDejFRNuJUioiFrjPIYLmZ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zpN9_uHs7SRRuFZfo2imv27pn5jrv9s3/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1iUcW3VQoIlHln6epdOgfQbZ7T1sVan/view?usp=sharing

Some pics:

At the local punk/metal dive bar 1998
View attachment 155741

Charleston, SC 1998, waiting outside to go on
View attachment 155746

Delaratos in Atlantic City 1999
View attachment 155742

Somewhere in Kentucky in 2000
View attachment 155743

Cumberland, 2000
View attachment 155744

Cafe Tatoo, Baltimore, 2006
View attachment 155745

In 2001 I created a side project called Puzzle Fighter which was this weird attempt to fuse punk rock with industrial and jazz. I played guitar and "sang" (screamed mostly) these vocals that were heavily distorted ala Al Jourgenson of Ministry. We actually got booked heavily and some label interest thanks to the drummer who was really ambitious. I guess what we were doing was weird and unique enough in the heavy underground rock scene. We wound up playing only one show before breaking the band up due to conflicting levels of commitment. Unfortunately most of this band is now dead.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o9Odi_0Y2kkdy7neixv70EqOwv249oPt/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19gSJCcr_V3wdTpCNo5fRn2Itb3xAnT9-/view?usp=sharing

During covid lockdown, Grievence recorded a song that was lost in the shuffle during the final sessions. We sent tracks back and forth and wound up with this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1znHINCiCQjv6w8_Ry7DxyjCrcnIJhE_z/view?usp=sharing
Too cool!

Its the early 2000's acoustic series.. Thinline hollow body , piezo pick up in the bridge with the 5 band on board eq. I actually got a smokin deal on it .. Local shop was closing .. came in on thier last day open. Offered $225 out the door, they took it.
Oh wow, I didnt know they made any like that :)

played acoustic its sound was unique with the sound holes on the upper horn.. heres a close up of the body up I found on the net..
close up.jpg

Budding musician of sorts. Been taking lessons for about a year. Started a little late in life (in my 50's); it's slow going. Not to mention splitting time between being a dad, husband, soccer coach, playing with rc, wrenching on real cars, and don't forget real job work; lets just say I don't practice quite as often as I wish I did.

My guitar is an Epiphone Special. I like it, not that I have enough experience to really say. I have a Fender Blues Jr tube amp that I like a lot too.

epi.jpg

Keep it up, and we are never to old to learn.
I have one of the older Epi Special ll back in my gun room.
Fun guitar to play but no room in my living room for it. It's also in pieces right now because I was testing pickups.
I do have empty spot on the wall but that's reserved. ;)

epi.jpg

Budding musician of sorts. Been taking lessons for about a year. Started a little late in life (in my 50's); it's slow going. Not to mention splitting time between being a dad, husband, soccer coach, playing with rc, wrenching on real cars, and don't forget real job work; lets just say I don't practice quite as often as I wish I did.

My guitar is an Epiphone Special. I like it, not that I have enough experience to really say. I have a Fender Blues Jr tube amp that I like a lot too.

View attachment 155812
I'm in the same basic boat and unfortunately I usually let my other hobbies dominate so Ill be lucky if I ever really learn how to play. Its all good though. If nothing else I can sit back and admire my gear collection :)

Keep it up, and we are never to old to learn.
I have one of the older Epi Special ll back in my gun room.
Fun guitar to play but no room in my living room for it. It's also in pieces right now because I was testing pickups.
I do have empty spot on the wall but that's reserved. ;)

View attachment 155813
It's pretty in blue.

Yeah, I like it. I use it more so for testing pickups though.
I have plenty other guitars to play.

I 've been busy the last couple weeks as I was asked by another guitarist friend of mine to put together a vocal audition vid of some of my fav 70's 80's-ish tunes.. Said they're looking for "diverse " vocal styles.. I edited down some live clips of stuff ranging from Tracy Chapman and Dolly Parton to AC/DC and WASP.. LOL will post when its done uploading ..

Last edited:
So , all I'm told is this is for a project my buddy is involved in.. They wanted more than just a song or 2 because they are currently having issues with vocals going by the end of the first set of material. That being said , I recorded them 16 songs in one take and edited them down to around a minute from each tune so they can get an idea of how my voice would hold up through a set.. Only effects on my voice are a bit of room reverb and a few ms of delay to thicken things up a touch without needing chorus. They wanted actual sound , so I just recorded with my phones on board mic. So this was what I was able to compile in a couple weeks notice.. You can totally tell the songs I'm really comfortable with , and what ones I "can get through" right now,LOL They want the vid by friday, so heres the rough compilation.

Last edited: