any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berklee College of Music, Production Degree, Primary instrument Guitar..........will not bore you with pics.

I am a armchair musician and rest assured, I am a legend in my own mind. You should see me with my air guitar....:p

So , all I'm told is this is for a project my buddy is involved in.. They wanted more than just a song or 2 because they are currently having issues with vocals going by the end of the first set of material. That being said , I recorded them 16 songs in one take and edited them down to around a minute from each tune so they can get an idea of how my voice would hold up through a set.. Only effects on my voice are a bit of room reverb and a few ms of delay to thicken things up a touch without needing chorus. They wanted actual sound , so I just recorded with my phones on board mic. So this was what I was able to compile in a couple weeks notice.. You can totally tell the songs I'm really comfortable with , and what ones I "can get through" right now,LOL They want the vid by friday, so heres the rough compilation.
I really enjoyed this, nice job.

It takes a lot of balls to get up and do something and I have nothing but respect for the guys that do.
I played my MIA Strat today and man, I forgot how sweet she is and beautiful she looks.

I could clear a room pretty fast if I tried to sing! :wtf: I guess I'll just have to settle for being so dang pretty. 🤣
Dont underestimate yourself.. I never really tried to sing until after my first divorce,(28yo) then my "Give a f#$%" broke and I didnt care what people thought.. Interesting story about the first time my ex walked into a bar and I was on stage.. she came up to me after the set and was like "Where did THAT come from ? I didnt know you could do that !" I was Like , "Yeah me either.." and went to having some drinks with some new friendly ladies.. Definitely one of my favorite moments of personal satisfaction..
on another note Its D-day, sent the vid off last night , so now we wait... which is the sucky part..

Dont underestimate yourself.. I never really tried to sing until after my first divorce,(28yo) then my "Give a f#$%" broke and I didnt care what people thought.. Interesting story about the first time my ex walked into a bar and I was on stage.. she came up to me after the set and was like "Where did THAT come from ? I didnt know you could do that !" I was Like , "Yeah me either.." and went to having some drinks with some new friendly ladies.. Definitely one of my favorite moments of personal satisfaction..
on another note Its D-day, sent the vid off last night , so now we wait... which is the sucky part..

Good luck! You're right about the wait being the sucky part.

I wish I could sing a quarter as well as you. I think I'd probably be a room clearer, lol. My wife is Korean American and so we have a karoake machine in pretty much every room, haha. I've gotten a little better over the years...but...well. She on the other hand is brilliant.

Good luck! You're right about the wait being the sucky part.

I wish I could sing a quarter as well as you. I think I'd probably be a room clearer, lol. My wife is Korean American and so we have a karoake machine in pretty much every room, haha. I've gotten a little better over the years...but...well. She on the other hand is brilliant.
I found its like any other thing in life,..the more you do it the better you get..
On a good note.. Got a "call back" .. According to my friend its down to me and a couple others. Still not sure the exact scenario here.. (3 piece, 5 piece,etc) guess that will be found out later..LOL They would like another demo.. this time a ballad , a personal favorite , and they want my idea of a difficult song for me to sing, and the reasons why Its difficult for me.. Have a week to put it together.. I will say this must be something a bit "bigger" than I have been involved with before. Never been through multiple auditions/ demos, but excited to find out what exactly this is for.. 2 of the 3 I have a good idea.. for the ballad , I found the coolest acoustic backing track for the eagles "Hotel California" , and for the one thats difficult to sing -= Quiet Riot "Metal Health" -- Difficult because it depends on the day as to whether or not I can get those highs without "breakup" , and it is REALLY crucial as to placement in the set.. has to be mid to end of the set after my voice is past warm in its sweet spot. For my personal favorite , thats a REALLY tough one .. But right now the short list of candidates are Danzig- Long way back from Hell , Def Lepard-Pour some sugar on me , or The Animals - House of the rising sun.
heres the acoustic track for hotel california

Man, that's a really great rendition, nice find :)

Sounds like we have a lot of the same "favorites"

Man, that's a really great rendition, nice find :)

Sounds like we have a lot of the same "favorites"
Right !! like could listen to it with no vocals and be cool with that..LOL

Just wondering if there are any other musicians here.. I'm a guitar/bass/vocalist. I do write my own stuff but I really like to cover things "in the style of" punk.. So everything I do is either dropped a couple steps to a different key or the arrangement is tweaked slightly etc.. for example here is my rendition of a circle jerks song dropped a whole step this is "I'm Alive" off the Circle jerks " VI" album released in 1987 .. Dropped a whole step of course.
Been checking out the thread. Like a couple of the others that replied I did a lot of gigging back in the day with a couple of different bands, duos, trios and a ton of solo work. Mostly just clubs and parties. Did some demo recording but never anything for release. My biggest claim to fame was opening a show for the Atlanta Rhythm Section. I completely understand if the younger dudes don’t know who that is but they were a great band. I opened for them around 2001, so it was pretty late in their career. I still play pretty much every day and keep threatening to get back into playing out again. The only thing is I’ll probably have to spend whatever I make to hire someone to lug all that heavy assed gear around! I’m kinda over that part of it. I’ve got a few pretty cool guitars- PRS and Fender electrics, Taylor 6 and 12 string acoustics and a couple or three others of various type and make. One of my favorites is a 1948 Silvertone built by Harmony that I got at a flea market for $35. The back was almost completely off of it and I put it back together, which was quite a learning experience. It’s ugly as sin but plays good and has a cool old time sound. I might try to drop a few pics sometime if I get motivated and can figure out how to do it! Musicians- they’re everywhere!

Been checking out the thread. Like a couple of the others that replied I did a lot of gigging back in the day with a couple of different bands, duos, trios and a ton of solo work. Mostly just clubs and parties. Did some demo recording but never anything for release. My biggest claim to fame was opening a show for the Atlanta Rhythm Section. I completely understand if the younger dudes don’t know who that is but they were a great band. I opened for them around 2001, so it was pretty late in their career. I still play pretty much every day and keep threatening to get back into playing out again. The only thing is I’ll probably have to spend whatever I make to hire someone to lug all that heavy assed gear around! I’m kinda over that part of it. I’ve got a few pretty cool guitars- PRS and Fender electrics, Taylor 6 and 12 string acoustics and a couple or three others of various type and make. One of my favorites is a 1948 Silvertone built by Harmony that I got at a flea market for $35. The back was almost completely off of it and I put it back together, which was quite a learning experience. It’s ugly as sin but plays good and has a cool old time sound. I might try to drop a few pics sometime if I get motivated and can figure out how to do it! Musicians- they’re everywhere!
MUST HAVE PICS FOO! :)

Look forward to seeing more from you dude!

Wow I found something I forgot about.. A few years back I had some oral surgery that went pretty rough to say the least.. So no vocals for about 6 months, so for a while I was just writing instrumentals .. This is one I wrote during that time. I intened on putting some vocals to it after I could sing again , but listening to the instrumental just made me want to go FAST , so I set it to a slide show of drag cars launching and called it , the hole shot blues.. This was really just intended to be a draft good enough to write vocals to so the guitar work is a bit sloppy joe, I thought it sounded cool as is so I just left it as is .. Enjoy.

Wow I found something I forgot about.. A few years back I had some oral surgery that went pretty rough to say the least.. So no vocals for about 6 months, so for a while I was just writing instrumentals .. This is one I wrote during that time. I intened on putting some vocals to it after I could sing again , but listening to the instrumental just made me want to go FAST , so I set it to a slide show of drag cars launching and called it , the hole shot blues.. This was really just intended to be a draft good enough to write vocals to so the guitar work is a bit sloppy joe, I thought it sounded cool as is so I just left it as is .. Enjoy.
I like it! Kinda puts me in mind of some of the old surf guitar stuff but modernized. Like if peepee Dale dropped acid and got a pedal or two for his rig. I didn’t notice a lot of slop in it myself but anyway rock and roll was never meant to be perfect, it’s 90 percent attitude. Good job!
I guess the filter changed the shortened form of Richard to peepee for me there.