a build thread of build threads!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what were his major problems? I'm looking at a SL. no turbos and just less power strain. I'll look up the Accord though. I'm sorta a Mitsu fanboy so the 3K GT calls to me.
Mitsubishi's have a lot of transmission problems from what I've heard.

what were his major problems? I'm looking at a SL. no turbos and just less power strain. I'll look up the Accord though. I'm sorta a Mitsu fanboy so the 3K GT calls to me.
Electrical gremlins. It never ran right making tuning impossible.

SL are FWD, right?

so, most of my build have been put on hold or canceled.... I realized this hobby was getting in the way of my getting an actual car. So, Bandit MM is off, the Vendetta won't be getting 4S, and the I-Beam PreRunner has been slowed.

So far my major ideas for my first car are: Toyota MR2 (SW20), Mitsubishi 3000GT, Ford Focus ST, Subaru Impreza WRX (straying from this cause I'd rather have an Evo and i dont want a Boxer to blow all over the garage) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, (I want the X the most, but any gen will do me. these seem to be quite expensive....) Honda Civic SI (or Type R, depends on what i find....) Of the cars on this list I think I'm wanting the 3000GT the most. V6, 4WD, 4WS, and it's the cheapest of the bunch.
I asked Chat GPT 4.0 to research those 4 cars for reliability reports and rank them according to what it could find online about them. Heres the response that I got, if you're interested.

In terms of reliability, the Toyota MR2 (SW20) is generally considered reliable, especially in non-turbo variants. These cars are fundamentally simple and have proven to be durable if well-maintained. However, as they are older vehicles, their reliability heavily depends on previous care and maintenance.

The Mitsubishi 3000GT presents a mixed picture. It's a complex vehicle with advanced technology for its time, which can lead to potential maintenance challenges. Properly maintained 3000GTs can be reliable, but due to their age and complexity, they often require careful and potentially costly upkeep.

For the Ford Focus ST and Subaru Impreza WRX, I need to perform a little more research to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information about their reliability. Let me look that up.
I encountered some difficulties accessing detailed information about the Ford Focus ST and Subaru Impreza WRX's reliability. However, I can provide a general overview based on what I know up to April 2023:
  • Ford Focus ST: The Focus ST, particularly in its more recent models, is known for being a reliable hot hatch. However, like any vehicle, its reliability can vary depending on the year and model. Some earlier models had issues related to the EcoBoost engine, but these problems were largely addressed in later models.
  • Subaru Impreza WRX: The WRX is generally seen as a reliable performance car, especially when well-maintained. Its key reliability factor is its boxer engine and symmetrical all-wheel drive. However, it's worth noting that performance-oriented vehicles like the WRX can experience reliability issues if they are heavily modified or not properly maintained.
Given this information, combined with the details about the Toyota MR2 (SW20) and Mitsubishi 3000GT, a rough ranking of these vehicles in terms of reliability, starting with the most reliable, could be:
  1. Toyota MR2 (SW20)
  2. Ford Focus ST
  3. Subaru Impreza WRX
  4. Mitsubishi 3000GT

I asked Chat GPT 4.0 to research those 4 cars
Cheater
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think @Greywolf74 means Dodge.
:D

Instead of a 3000gt, look into a evo
Evo 4 maybe? 🤔
Or an eclipse? Paint it green. And have a laptop saying danger manifold

Last edited:
okay.... i want a 3000GT Baaaad. I've looked more into it. looks like a fun car for sure. only major problem is also one of the great things about it. The complexity. Active aero, 4WD, 4WS, a nice V6, Very tune-able, and just frigging awesome. i found a decent looking one for 3500$....

someone please talk me out of this....
I won't discourage you from buying it, but i suggest you learn how to do basic maintenance . from oil changes to brakes. Those fancy accessories to me seem like a waste of time and money, same with new cars with massive tablets. just more stuff that can break, but you do you

Cheater
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think @Greywolf74 means Dodge.
:D

Instead of a 3000gt, look into a evo
Evo 4 maybe? 🤔
Or an eclipse? Paint it green. And have a laptop saying danger manifold

EVOs expensive bro.
Electrical gremlins. It never ran right making tuning impossible.

SL are FWD, right?

i looked it up, yeah, FWD. no 4WS, AWD, active aero, or any fancy junk. I'm sorta bummed. but less crap makes it more reliable.
I asked Chat GPT 4.0 to research those 4 cars for reliability reports and rank them according to what it could find online about them. Heres the response that I got, if you're interested.

In terms of reliability, the Toyota MR2 (SW20) is generally considered reliable, especially in non-turbo variants. These cars are fundamentally simple and have proven to be durable if well-maintained. However, as they are older vehicles, their reliability heavily depends on previous care and maintenance.

The Mitsubishi 3000GT presents a mixed picture. It's a complex vehicle with advanced technology for its time, which can lead to potential maintenance challenges. Properly maintained 3000GTs can be reliable, but due to their age and complexity, they often require careful and potentially costly upkeep.

For the Ford Focus ST and Subaru Impreza WRX, I need to perform a little more research to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information about their reliability. Let me look that up.
I encountered some difficulties accessing detailed information about the Ford Focus ST and Subaru Impreza WRX's reliability. However, I can provide a general overview based on what I know up to April 2023:
  • Ford Focus ST: The Focus ST, particularly in its more recent models, is known for being a reliable hot hatch. However, like any vehicle, its reliability can vary depending on the year and model. Some earlier models had issues related to the EcoBoost engine, but these problems were largely addressed in later models.
  • Subaru Impreza WRX: The WRX is generally seen as a reliable performance car, especially when well-maintained. Its key reliability factor is its boxer engine and symmetrical all-wheel drive. However, it's worth noting that performance-oriented vehicles like the WRX can experience reliability issues if they are heavily modified or not properly maintained.
Given this information, combined with the details about the Toyota MR2 (SW20) and Mitsubishi 3000GT, a rough ranking of these vehicles in terms of reliability, starting with the most reliable, could be:
  1. Toyota MR2 (SW20)
  2. Ford Focus ST
  3. Subaru Impreza WRX
  4. Mitsubishi 3000GT
Hmmm. this puts my 3K GT pretty low...
I won't discourage you from buying it, but i suggest you learn how to do basic maintenance . from oil changes to brakes. Those fancy accessories to me seem like a waste of time and money, same with new cars with massive tablets. just more stuff that can break, but you do you
yeah, from what I've heard these mitsu V6s are pretty durable so long as they get oil.

Arrma Vendetta active aero project.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-vendetta-active-aero-project.68638/
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG

Project plans yall!

Arrma Vendetta: better diffs, 4S power sometime, new tires, get the active aero working.

Traxxas Rustler MM: better tires, get the chassis straight, design chassis brace, get the steering slop dealt with, tougher rear shocks.

Traxxas STASH: 8BL150 ESC, new rear diff, get some MT tires, new shocks.

Traxxas TRX4m: get the lights fixed, carbon fiber chassis.

I-beam PreRunner: get bearings and some miscellaneous screws, get some electronics.

That’s my major list ATM, once my box shows up I’ll tell yall what’s in it. Hint: I love buggies.

Back