a build thread of build threads!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
family photo!
View attachment 171609
in the middle is my 'Detta, left side is the Traxxas 'Stash, far right is the rustler MM, front left is my TRX4M, front right is a PXtoys SandyLand.
View attachment 171610

look at the 'Detta taking all the attention.

Edit: oh yes how could i forget, the Traxxas Stash build. this one has been like this for a while now. but soon is gona get a whole lot o parts and other goodies, like 6S POWER!!!!!
Link: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/traxxas-stash-msct.139437/
View attachment 171617
Message me. I’ll send you info on how to get that detta getting more than attention and u won’t spend a dime.
Here we is my slash 2wd. It has a hobbywing max10 G2 2400kv combo. I run it on 4s. It has the lcg chassis conversion kit on it. That yellow brenthal shell is from my buddy wes who passed away. Actually, both body shells are from wes. For tires, I have picket SC c2 tires on the rear and some carpet tires on the front. It said the name on them but it got rubbed off. The tires are from wes too. I just finished gluing up some tires I got in a trade and I got this car and the other slash that I gave to @brighton and the ECX amp that I gave to my brother. The tires I glued are on duratrax six pack st rims. Don’t know the name of the tires though. Attached below are all the photos.
View attachment 171631View attachment 171632View attachment 171633View attachment 171634
View attachment 171635View attachment 171636View attachment 171637View attachment 171638View attachment 171639
Find me on facebook , Mike barber, I’m slamming a soda in my pic lol, that’s me lookin pissed at world, I’ll send u pics. I’ll tell u if u have a file and 20 minutes and some patience I’ll gain u 10-13mph off top easy. The. The other stuff

Message me. I’ll send you info on how to get that detta getting more than attention and u won’t spend a dime.

Find me on facebook , Mike barber, I’m slamming a soda in my pic lol, that’s me lookin pissed at world, I’ll send u pics. I’ll tell u if u have a file and 20 minutes and some patience I’ll gain u 10-13mph off top easy. The. The other stuff
you know, getting this thing faster would be cool, but i just bash it around, not full on 100+ speed runs.

Any new builds coming soon? Is your mm rustler done yet?
When I have time I still have a few in the Burner some may might know the 48 full custom Apache full custom tube chassis. That’s one I have to finish .

Some new parts:

TRX4m Rear axle.

TRX4m driveshafts.

TRX4m Suspension Links.

TRX4m shocks.

TRX4m servo (not sure)

Oh, none of these parts are going on the TRX4m.
Stay tuned
I KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!! your doing that very special 124 scale thingy on thingiverse!!

so, most of my build have been put on hold or canceled.... I realized this hobby was getting in the way of my getting an actual car. So, Bandit MM is off, the Vendetta won't be getting 4S, and the I-Beam PreRunner has been slowed.

So far my major ideas for my first car are: Toyota MR2 (SW20), Mitsubishi 3000GT, Ford Focus ST, Subaru Impreza WRX (straying from this cause I'd rather have an Evo and i dont want a Boxer to blow all over the garage) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, (I want the X the most, but any gen will do me. these seem to be quite expensive....) Honda Civic SI (or Type R, depends on what i find....) Of the cars on this list I think I'm wanting the 3000GT the most. V6, 4WD, 4WS, and it's the cheapest of the bunch.

Last edited:
so, most of my build have been put on hold or canceled.... I realized this hobby was getting in the way of my getting an actual car. So, Bandit MM is off, the Vendetta won't be getting 4S, and the I-Beam PreRunner has been slowed.

So far my major ideas for my first car are: Toyota MR2 (SW20), Mitsubishi 3000GT, Ford Focus ST, Subaru Impreza WRX (straying from this cause I'd rather have an Evo and i dont want a Boxer to blow all over the garage) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, (I want the X the most, but any gen will do me. these seem to be quite expensive....) Honda Civic SI (or Type R, depends on what i find....) Of the cars on this list I think I'm wanting the 3000GT the most. V6, 4WD, 4WS, and it's the cheapest of the bunch.
My advice would be get something cheap and dependable. If you're anything like me, you'll be buying another car sooner than you think 😅

okay.... i want a 3000GT Baaaad. I've looked more into it. looks like a fun car for sure. only major problem is also one of the great things about it. The complexity. Active aero, 4WD, 4WS, a nice V6, Very tune-able, and just frigging awesome. i found a decent looking one for 3500$....

someone please talk me out of this....

okay.... i want a 3000GT Baaaad. I've looked more into it. looks like a fun car for sure. only major problem is also one of the great things about it. The complexity. Active aero, 4WD, 4WS, a nice V6, Very tune-able, and just frigging awesome. i found a decent looking one for 3500$....

someone please talk me out of this....
Mitsubishi's are notoriously unreliable. A friend had a Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo. Same thing as a 3000GT VR4. It spent more time under a cover than it did on the road. I would reccomend a Honda Accord EX 2-door. Make sure it has the F22B1 (should say "VTEC" on the valve cover), and a 5spd. I'm partial to the 94-98.

Last edited:
Mitsubishi's are notoriously unreliable. A friend had a Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo. Same thing as a 3000GT VR4. It spent more time under a cover than it did on the road. I would reccomend a Honda Accord EX 2-door. Make sure it has the F22, and a 5spd. I'm partial to the 94-98.
what were his major problems? I'm looking at a SL. no turbos and just less power strain. I'll look up the Accord though. I'm sorta a Mitsu fanboy so the 3K GT calls to me.

Back