3s velcro battery straps.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
As some of you might know I recently upgraded a traxxas 4-tec corvette stingray to a 3s brushless system.

Problem was the stock battery mount won't fit my 3s batteries. I was looking for other mounting setups. But the 4-tec is fairly new. A lot of my other rigs have velcro straps for the battery mounts.

I was looking at this and wanted to hear your feedback. I'm not planning on jumping this rig, mainly street bashing/drifting.

Can the current battery holder be removed or is it part of the chassis? I looked at it but to me it looks to be one full chassis with the holder molded into it.

My Slash has a similar battery bracket, but I needed to buy a Traxxas raised bracket for 3s lipos.
I would think that Traxxas would have a similar option for the 4tec

@Tunedpipe
It's an interesting battery mount. Very easily removed.
20210821_214657.jpg

These two screws. One on the outside will have to be replaced with a shorter one probably.
20210821_214703.jpg

And this one.
@Xraycer
I looked at those. Nothing compatible for the 4-tec atm.

I use those mounts, if you stick them down right they are very hard to remove. I know @olds97_lss uses one in his Traxxas Maxx and that is 4s. You probably want the large though, almost positive I use the medium one in my 1/14 sized cars.

I use those mounts, if you stick them down right they are very hard to remove. I know @olds97_lss uses one in his Traxxas Maxx and that is 4s. You probably want the large though, almost positive I use the medium one in my 1/14 sized cars.
I looked at the large and it said something about 6s or so. Yet the medium didn't have a battery size listed. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have one coming, but I also went with what @Greywolf74 suggested. I'll see what fits best. At ~$10 I'm not too worried about adding them to my spare parts drawer if they don't work out.

I might order up a large here tonight too just incase I need it 😆

I looked at the large and it said something about 6s or so. Yet the medium didn't have a battery size listed. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have one coming, but I also went with what @Greywolf74 suggested. I'll see what fits best. At ~$10 I'm not too worried about adding them to my spare parts drawer if they don't work out.

I might order up a large here tonight too just incase I need it 😆
The Velcro straps on the medium are only 3" long.

-edit- sorry not 3 inches long, but have a max inside diameter of 3"

Last edited:
Back