3.3 Stampede Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMielke

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I had started out with a stock 2007 Nitro Stampede that I bought in July.
Since I had it, it has ran stock for a week. I had an extra 3.3 laying around the house so I decided to turn my Stampede into my Speed/Bashing Pede project.
I have the motor mounted already ran a quarter gallon through it and found the weak spots and places that I need to replace and make stronger.

First broken part was the drive yoke-cost nothing took it from my electric Stampede.
Second broken part was the rear axle- free took it from my Jato 3.3
Third broken part was a servo-free took from electric Stampede
Forth was the servo horn-free also taken from the electric Stampede
Fifth was the left rear tire-free took all four off and put on some old bald Jato tires on it
Last is the spur gear x4-tired of changing so I'm getting steel that are meant for the 2.5 T-Maxx or Nitro Rustler

Things I want-RPM arms all around, RPM Wide front Bumper, T-Maxx frame(don't know which one yet)

Things I'm not sure of and would like help deciding on is-Wheels and Tires, body that is for a T-Maxx, color for the body, wheelie bar, Spur Gear # of teeth, Clutchbell # of teeth

forgot one thing I have an extra Jato 2-speed transmission and servo for it, is there anyway for me to mount it in my pede or would it be a waste

There's a problem if you've gone through 4 spur gears like that. You should be getting months out of spur gears unless you're just ramming it head on into walls at 60 mph and things like that. Its most likely a bad mesh that causing the problems, or using the wrong size spur/CB problem, which is creating excessive heat. If the heat is the case, it's also going to warp the metal spur.

its from me ramping and having some hard landings and accosionally so bad wrecks

found the real reason the gears weren't on straight the bar in the trans was bent

Sounds like you also need to throttle down when you jump it, cause I know from experience how easy it is to strip damn near anything on a full throttle landing! lol

Back