14mm Standard Sized Alloy Wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know who makes these anymore? The only ones I found were a set of GPM's.

I'm looking for only 14mm standard MT (t-maxx 2.5 type) wheels made of aluminum.

This past season was a bad one for tires/wheels for me. I normally don't have an issue, but either I'm getting harder on my equipment, or, my trucks are heavier than in the past. I had a spun hex problem with 2 wheels and I busted/cracked severely 3-4 wheels.

Considering how irritating it is to get the rubber off the wheels without damaging them, I'm out over $100 worth of wheels/tires just from this season. So, it seems somewhat advantageous to pursue other means of getting my power to the ground. Spending $100 on new rims to me is preventative maintenance for the next few years. Well worth it.

Converting my rigs to larger hex's seems to be a waste of time, since most of my damage is due to busted/cracked rims, not spun hex's.

i'm not sure anyone still makes alum 14mm hexs, but search for ramtech stuff. he made some quality stuff before going large scale. i have a set on my savage and love em...
but given the proper offer, i could be tempted to sell them :)

www.rcalloys.com

However, I'm not sure aluminum rims are the answer to your issues. If your wheels are taking hits hard enough to crack them then they're probably taking hits hard enough to bend an aluminum rim. If I were you I would get some beadlocks rims so if you do happend to trash one at leas it'll be a lot easier to get the tire off.

I agree with Lessen. If you are tearing up rims like that, you may not want to tranfer those hits to the rest of the drivetrain, you are only going to find the next weak link. Or just bend the aluminum rims as Josh already mentioned. I would think about some aluminum clamping hexes and maybe some maximizer beadlocks.

Ooooh, 40 series too! I've never seen aluminum 40 series rims. I think Olds would bend a 40 series aluminum rim in about 5 minutes though. I dunno, just my opinion. The five start looks especially vulnerable.

They are damn sexy but....I think I would end up killing them though

I've tried bead locks in the past and the tires kept coming out of the bead. That was with a revo, which was lighter and puts less stress on it in the corners than either my savage or aftershock. It didn't seem to matter what tire I ran, they would pop out of the bead within a few minutes.

Maybe I'll give RPM rims a try.

Last edited:
Well... their stuff is flexible. Not sure if that's good for wheel hex's or not. They may spin out more quickly.

I've been running rpm offsets on one of my savages for a few years now and love them. they have a set of the super hard imex maxx dawgs on em and have been taking a beating. can't go wrong with rpm ya know.

I have RPM Stablemaxx rims on my Maxx for years now, and they have taken a ton of abuse, they have a 14mm hex. The stablemaxx rims are the wide offset, RPM still makes several different style rims in 14mm hex.

I think that's the route I'll go. Going alloy is just to stinking costly for a basher that doesn't care about looks. I'm pretty sure they make rims that are standard offset vs wide as I don't care for the extra stress "stablemaxx" rims cause.

Now it's just a matter of scouring ebay for deals and getting them before next season. I have plenty of winter tires for general bashing. The only time I seem to have wheel issues is in the summer when hitting some big air. I don't get that nuts in the winter.

yep 14mm hexs, maxx size 1/2" offset. the offset has never caused a problem on my savages now the maxx and revo thats another story.

Back