traxxas nitro rustler or stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

challis349

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi, I'm in england and can get either of the two for my bday:hehe:, got a 1/8 buggy at the moment, but want a truck,

I can't decide between these 2:\, it has to be nitro and like the look, and like what I have heard about traxxas.

Is one better than the other, i know the stampede is 2wd and the rustler is 4wd, and the rustler is alot faster than the stampede, but i don't know alot more than that.

I would be just using it for bashing, no racing as no tracks anywhere near me, so jumps and bashing only,

PLEASE HELP, haha:)

Thanks

okay,to start of with HI, I'm from UK as well...

okay but what you said is wrong,they both are 2wd!
the only two cars that are 4wd by Traxxas and are Nitro powered are T-Maxx and Revo/Slayer.
when Rustler,Jato,Stampede are only 2wd
Rustler is more likely a buggy,it's small,low and great for speed runs etc but not for bashing,if you wanna bash then get Stampede but if you can get a Revo 3.3, it's a best truck that Traxxas has ever made! T-Maxx it's great as well but it sucks if you wanna race with it!
Revo it's great truck for everything,speed runs,bashing,racing etc it just takes everything that he gets!

hi,
thanks for the correction, can't afford the revo really, I can get a stampede for 180, and a rustler for 225, it would be one of these 2, had big crash with the buggy when a servo bust and got stuck with the throttle wide open, so have spent a fair bit of my budget there, so if rustler is more like a buggy would you suggest getting stampede as is different to what I already have and possibly better for bashing and jumping?
thanks

I like stampede but I really don't like the engine that they have used in it...
on your place I would wait and save up for Revo or T-Maxx because its really worth to spend the extra coin and get a top shelf toy!

I like stampede but I really don't like the engine that they have used in it...
on your place I would wait and save up for Revo or T-Maxx because its really worth to spend the extra coin and get a top shelf toy!

like i said, can't really afford either of them,
so which out of just the 2 trucks mentioned, is one better than the other?

Rustler

I have the 2.5 Rustler and its sick fun...depends on what kinda off road you are doing i have put mine thru tons of sand and woods only problem is 2wd and its light so gets hung up. hope this helps

i like the stampedes a lot, i jumped a truck with a piece of drywall on it with one one time and landed it, the truck had to be about 30 feet in the air, I've never seen a video of a truck jumping as high as that one did that day. and it landed, didn't break anything. i think for jumping they are excelent, but as somone else said, traxxas motors SUCK in my opinion, at least the .15s

I think that if you want off road; go with the Stampede, and if it is on road; Rustler.

I love my rusty but after I drove my revo I found out how much fun rc ing really is if you shop around on ebay or in the fs/ft forum you might find a revo for that much or maybe just a little bit more. Thats what I woukd do just MO tho I am sure you will have a grate time no matter what rig you pick out! Good luck!

Edit.... Just another thought if you do get a rusty in my experience you will soon have enough money sunk into it to keep it running that you could of bought a revo that won't brake every other time you drive it.

Last edited:
Back