Traxxas . 2wd. Brushed Oldchool. You must choose between Stampede or Rustler. What will you choose and why?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Hi
I'm doing a new build/projekt soon.

I will use some RPM stuff, and brushless combo.

To this my local store has promise me one brand new Rustler 2wd or Stampede for only 125bucks.
Both are brand new in box, i need choose one.

I dont know wich one to pick.

So you pick the one 4 me this time.

Stampede or Rustler ?
Short WHY also :)

Monday evening i must choose one of these
you decide this

I have both the 4x4 and 2wd Stampede's and love them. I am more of a monster truck guy and stunts than I am track and speed runs.
The Rustler is definitely a better choice if you want to lean towards higher speeds and track racing. It corners far better than the Stampede.
It all boils down to what kind of terrain you run on. The Rustler is a fun car but the Stampedes can be truggified if you wanted to go that route.
If it were me? BOTH.:D

Rustler is the classic. Stampede is the practical.

This time I'm going with recommending the Stampede. Like to see a 'Pede project and what you do with it.

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Pede. I got 4 rear wheel drive rustlers already. And one 4X4.
I would use Tuned Pipe's advice.
Still, since everyone here is recommending the Peter, is there any way I can snag up that Rustler? Hey, I don't have an addiction! Is only $125. I'll never run out.
Maybe 1 day I'll be like "Ghost Rider". Be doing stunts. Then some guy who has a hunting dog named Lucky will say to me, "Wreck one more and you get the whole set".
I'd go with stampede. Sits higher so it can go through grass better. Just needs more grippy tires as the ones that come on it are just awful for traction, but they last foooooooooooooorever.
general-forever.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

Last edited:
I would go for the stampede if you want to drive off road more often, however the stampede will roll over if you go flat out and make a sharp turn if you are driving it on road because it has a higher centre of gravity.

If you are going for speed runs, on road driving, minor off roading such as hard dirt, gravel go for the rustler. however if you drive the Rustler on road the rear tyres will wear down. the Rustler has a lower centre of gravity so it will handle better than the stampede at speed.

Back