better turning radius on ax10???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, well i like them heavy lol, seriously though i do, not 14-16 oz of added weight but the weight of the complete wheel/tire/foam/weight i like to be around their if not more, my 8 shooters i just sold i had them alittle over 17 oz and they worked very well at that with 12's in back.

i can't argue with the man, he has to be doing something right for it to stick like this..

008-12.jpg

yeah but you gotta remember too, I'm not running a shafty, so i dont have much weight up top at all, all mine is down real low. and yeah tires and foams make a huge difference. you might like your hammers beason, they are a good tire but theres alot better tires out there now that will improve your crawling by a bunch....

of the ones you have for sale, which are better then the hammers?

edit: nevermind i see you sold the rovers. what do you have on the shafty?

Last edited:
i dont have any shafties any more. but in the same highth as the hammers, the losi rock claws are better, a little taller and imo right there at the top of being the best tire is the panthers and then you get to the taller tires like the Rovers wich kick ass, the proline chisels, and the hpi grabbers wich are also a great tire, the only thing the panthers lack imo is the tallness of the rovers, other than that they are great!

sorry, i ment the crawler in the sale pics..

what about the badlands? they look simular to the rovers.

bad lands are one of the shorter tires too and do ok, not much better than the hammers and the wear out really fast. if u want a great tire thats a little taller but not too tall id get the panthers for sue. the rovers and othe tall tires are awesome but might be to tall for you. you would have to get every thing really low to keep weight down if u went with thm cuz they are very tall. the panthers are a perfect size for a shafty imo and will perform right with the rovers.

I fill my front tires with water. Works absolutely perfect
Hello bud you really need to introduce your self to the group and forum.. so we all can know a little about your self..... and you got to look at the Original post or the last post and look at the dates. This threads from 09.. no worries we have all done it...
But I do have a question??? What would make you think that adding water to your tires was a good idea?? I hope it wasn't YouTube... Water in your tires is definitely not a good idea for multiple reasons guys that run in watery conditions usually tape of that hole. Or have a dedicated set of tires and rims. With that hole plugged off So they DON'T get water in their tires.. just trying to understand why water..The hole in rims are for a reason.. Its actually a vent hole to allow the tires to vent and configure to the surface. And allow the tire to compress during landing from jumps.. what type of RCs are you running????

I fill my front tires with water. Works absolutely perfect
I get posting this "mod" in the other thread because the other thread was about adding weight to your crawler tires but I dont get why you would post it in this thread. This thread has to do with increasing the turn radius of the SCX10. How is adding water to the wheels going to help turn radius?

Regardless of that though I'll just reiterate what TP and I said over in the other thread where you posted this. This is a terrible mod. Not only will having water in your tires compromise the tires ability to conform to the shape of the obstacle its trying to climb over but it will also destroy open cell foams which is what the vast majority of tires have in them.

Dont get me wrong I aint tryin to hate. Were all for sharing ideas and information on here but sometimes we have to point out inconsistencies in some ideas.

Hello bud you really need to introduce your self to the group and forum.. so we all can know a little about your self..... and you got to look at the Original post or the last post and look at the dates. This threads from 09.. no worries we have all done it...
But I do have a question??? What would make you think that adding water to your tires was a good idea?? I hope it wasn't YouTube... Water in your tires is definitely not a good idea for multiple reasons guys that run in watery conditions usually tape of that hole. Or have a dedicated set of tires and rims. With that hole plugged off So they DON'T get water in their tires.. just trying to understand why water..The hole in rims are for a reason.. Its actually a vent hole to allow the tires to vent and configure to the surface. And allow the tire to compress during landing from jumps.. what type of RCs are you running????
Ok I’ve been in the game for years. What makes me think water in the front tires is a good idea is because everyone adds weight for unsprung traction with wheel weights. I’m talking for crawlers.
Ok I’ve been in the game for years. What makes me think water in the front tires is a good idea is because everyone adds weight for unsprung traction with wheel weights. I’m talking for crawlers.
I get posting this "mod" in the other thread because the other thread was about adding weight to your crawler tires but I dont get why you would post it in this thread. This thread has to do with increasing the turn radius of the SCX10. How is adding water to the wheels going to help turn radius?

Regardless of that though I'll just reiterate what TP and I said over in the other thread where you posted this. This is a terrible mod. Not only will having water in your tires compromise the tires ability to conform to the shape of the obstacle its trying to climb over but it will also destroy open cell foams which is what the vast majority of tires have in them.

Dont get me wrong I aint tryin to hate. Were all for sharing ideas and information on here but sometimes we have to point out inconsistencies in some ideas.
Water is not going to compromise a rubber tire.
on my axial, the wheels turn almost as far as they will go before rubbing the servo or battery, and it still takes half the yard to turn around.

has anyone ran 4ws on them? the plate for a servo mount is cheep, i have another servo or two, and a splitter harness, so i wont be out alot of money. would this be a good upgrade? I'm only running a 2 channel radio so dig is not an option right now.

also looking to get the eem dual triangulation skid, and have front bent links on the way.

OMG its a sickness!!
Ac10 sucks for a turning radius. But in the other hand there the best crawler out there
With my water filled fronts I can ascend a 57 degree incline

Last edited:
on my axial, the wheels turn almost as far as they will go before rubbing the servo or battery, and it still takes half the yard to turn around.

has anyone ran 4ws on them? the plate for a servo mount is cheep, i have another servo or two, and a splitter harness, so i wont be out alot of money. would this be a good upgrade? I'm only running a 2 channel radio so dig is not an option right now.

also looking to get the eem dual triangulation skid, and have front bent links on the way.

OMG its a sickness!!

Ac10 sucks for a turning radius. But in the other hand there the best crawler out there

With my water filled fronts I can ascend a 57 degree incline
My rig. I built twin side battery holder to balance tree he weight and run parallel for at least 10 hours on 5200 2s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 29
I never said it would compromise the tire. I said "compromise the tires ability to conform to the shape of the obstacle its trying to climb over and destroy the foams eventually"

I never said it would compromise the tire. I said "compromise the tires ability to conform to the shape of the obstacle its trying to climb over and destroy the foams eventually"
Ok sorry. But your still wrong. After you cut your foams to 3/4 the original size. Full your ties release about 30%of the air and the. Seal the hole they conform to the obstacles very well.

Ok sorry. But your still wrong. After you cut your foams to 3/4 the original size. Full your ties release about 30%of the air and the. Seal the hole they conform to the obstacles very well.
but not as well as if you added the same amount of weight to the top of the axles or around the inner wheel like NCNitros mod and left the tires in their normal operating state. Having water in them reduces the tires ability to perform because in order to conform to the shape its trying to climb over it has to displace all the water in side instead of air but with the tire sealed its becomes even harder to displace the water in the bottom of the tire so you get less contact area. Yes the extra weight helps add more pressure to the contact patch that exists but adding that same amount of weight in a manner that does not impede the tires ability to to conform for a larger contact patch would yield better results and not ruin your foams over time.

but not as well as if you added the same amount of weight to the top of the axles or around the inner wheel like NCNitros mod and left the tires in their normal operating state. Having water in them reduces the tires ability to perform because in order to conform to the shape its trying to climb over it has to displace all the water in side instead of air but with the tire sealed its becomes even harder to displace the water in the bottom of the tire so you get less contact area. Yes the extra weight helps add more pressure to the contact patch that exists but adding that same amount of weight in a manner that does not impede the tires ability to to conform for a larger contact patch would yield better results.
It’s not a fully contained water unit. It has space inside for the water to move around. I’ve also addded axal weight. I’ve tried amd tested this concept. Try it then reply
It’s not a fully contained water unit. It has space inside for the water to move around. I’ve also addded axal weight. I’ve tried amd tested this concept. Try it then reply
I’ve tried everything in regards to foam
Mods. With venting. Try it you’ll love it

come on man, this is basic science. In a sealed environment the only way for the water to get displaced is by compressing either the water or the air inside the tires since theres no where for either to escape. That means its going to take significantly more force for the tire to conform than if it were an open environment where the air can escape.

So what your saying is you have tired and compared. Right. If not well
So what your saying is you have tired and compared. Right. If not well
Your trying to use to much science to argue a point I’ve proven through basic reality testing