Bent links hits drive shaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've got a set of Axial bent links for the rear of my AX-10 however one side hits/rests right on the drive shaft.

I'm using an EEM dual triangulation skid plate and have the links as close to the inside of the chassis and axle as possible. Is there a mod I need to do so I can mount the links in the inside as I have the normal links or do I have to have the bent links on the outside of the chassis?

the driveline hits one? pics? i can't really picture it at the moment....not sure if flipping the tranny around would fix that or not, kinda need to see it.

axial-bent-links.jpg

thats a pickle woodie, i havent seen that problem yet but i dont have a shafty anymore so I'm not gonna be the biggest help here but, although it would raise you cog some you might try spacering the tranny so it sits up more....or....maybe a rod end that has a bend in it? or the easiest thing that would for sure fix it would be to grind or cut like a 1/8 or quarter inch off the skid so the links are alittle closer to the chassis.

One thing I can think of that might help is if you raise your pinion angle on the rear axle so that it follows the angle of the bent links, it might raise it up enough so it doesn't hit the link any more on the tranny side. All you have to do is add a couple of 3MM X 1 or 2MM thick spacers on to your upper links where they connect to the 3 link Y adapter. it would look some thing like this, in this pic you can see the little spacers between the upper links and the rod ends connecting to my 4 link, it would be the same but connected to your 3 link.
P1040689Medium.jpg

or like this by putting one spacer at the base of the 3 link where it connects to the axle
P1040443Medium.jpg

in this pic you can see if you look closely that the rear pinion angle is raised up compared to the front where the drive shafts are attached to the axles.
P1040691Medium.jpg

Last edited:
yep curtis got it, just spacer the 3 link to make the angle of the driveline change just enuff that it clears it.

I had the exact same problem when I went to the bent links, so I redid the way everything mounted at the axle. I made my own spacers, but if I were you I would pick up the Team Fast Eddy spacer kit. I really need to get one of those kits myself. Here is a pic of how I did mine, it seems to work very well like this.

004-5.jpg

yep curtis got it, just spacer the 3 link to make the angle of the driveline change just enuff that it clears it.

Just trying to help out where I can, I had to think about it for a few then it came to me that it would probably move it just enough to clear his links, plus give a better pinion angle to help from getting hung up on the pinion at the same time, I hope it did the trick:)