What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, now you got my mouth all watering cuz I love eating game I just dont know how to hunt it lol. Certified city boy right here. lol

I have a couple guys at work that occasionally sell venison or turtle soup etc that they made. can't get enough of it. I was really surprised at how good squirrel and dumplings are and turtle soup. Both of them I kind of went in to like "ummmmmmmmm......... Oh WOW!" lol

Let Adam from Mythbusters mod your nerf gun then it will probably be able to drop an Elk 🤣 🤣 🤣
Turtle is probably my favorite meat of all. There is a bar here that always has turtle on the menu. Their breaded, deep fried turtle is just amazing!

I watch Adam a lot too. I would love to see him get heavy into RC. He would do some crazy builds.

Turtle is probably my favorite meat of all. There is a bar here that always has turtle on the menu. Their breaded, deep fried turtle is just amazing!

I watch Adam a lot too. I would love to see him get heavy into RC. He would do some crazy builds.
OMG Id love to try deep fried turtle!

Could you imagine some of the crazy RC builds Adam and Jamie could do? They could literally make anything they wanted.

Out of elk 🥺
So I'm slumming some muley
20210719_195051.jpg

With asian salad mix & some king's Hawaiian rolls
20210719_195652.jpg

There's even some left for lunches 🤩
20210719_195054.jpg

Muley done right is almost as good as elk.

I guess cooking (eating) qualifies as my non-rc passion, too....

Guns, and shooting. Both of my grandfathers were gunsmiths on the side years ago, so I get it honest. I've been shooting for over 40 years, it's the only hobby that's been basically lifelong.

I still dabble in photography here and there, but not as much these days.

Mountain biking, used to road bike also, but just got too dangerous around here for that.

I've had lots of hobbies over the years, but that's about all I mess with in my limited free time these days.

Guns, and shooting. Both of my grandfathers were gunsmiths on the side years ago, so I get it honest. I've been shooting for over 40 years, it's the only hobby that's been basically lifelong.

I still dabble in photography here and there, but not as much these days.

Mountain biking, used to road bike also, but just got too dangerous around here for that.

I've had lots of hobbies over the years, but that's about all I mess with in my limited free time these days.
What bike you got? I just joined the trek crowd a year or so ago.

Roscoe 8 black 27.5x3.0 tires.
Part pickup truck, part dirtbike, with a sprinkle of dumptruck.

What bike you got? I just joined the trek crowd a year or so ago.

Roscoe 8 black 27.5x3.0 tires.
Part pickup truck, part dirtbike, with a sprinkle of dumptruck.

I've got a Trek Fuel EX9 full squish

And a Stache that I built up as a SS (lovingly referred to as the SStache) using just the frame and cranks from the factory bike. It's like a BMX bike on steroids, so much fun!

I hear ya on the bmx bike. Mine feels just like a bmx to me. I originally wanted the Marlin 5 in the bright yellow. Ended up with a roscoe like your black bike. I have the yellow to red faded letters

I have removed reflectors, installed a 2300 lumens bikelight, debating on 2. I put the 5050 smd rbg led strip on bottom tubes, and wrapped el wire around the frame.

Attachments

• 20200606_202129.jpg
    20200606_202129.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20201101_084116.jpg
    20201101_084116.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 33
Yep, plus tired bikes are a blast for sure. It's always an eye opener when I bring the 29er (which has pretty beefy tires itself, running a 2.5 front) back out just how much the 29+ monster trucks over things, and the amount of traction on tap too. Very different riding styles, but both lots of fun.

I bought a bunch of airbrush equipment and paints but I am terrible with it...:(
I bought a bunch of airbrush equipment and paints but I am terrible with it...:(
Look up charlie barnes. Hes on youtube and does tutorials. I'm certain he did work for proline rscing, and hes the one in the paint thread on rctech. He died december, so unfortamatley nothing new.

I'm buying proline paints and dusting of the Iwata of passche. Its been so long I forgot.

Check out Bloodshot Airbrushing on Youtube. He has a beginner series that will get you going. Here is that playlist. The guy is good, and fun to watch.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLhYlK86fwlqEcoaJGqUJzRKMjPOoCete
Ever heard of a 1911 gunsmith by the name of George Huening? I used to work with him, and have actually done some 3d modeling work for him on Doug Koenig's 1911 that he has used in a number of his championships. When Doug switched to Rüeger from S&W I had his 1911 frame and slide here to reverse engineer it. I sat here wondering what that gun was worth. He had 17 or 18 championships under his belt at that time I believe.

Last edited:
Back