XR10 (My Chris-Craft Project)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so looking forward to getting away. Driving down Thurs evening so we can help setup the TGN booth on Friday.

I will take plenty of pics to post. Badger will also have a spot in the TGN booth and will be broadcasting live which will be cool.

Building it stock.

The only stock item I won't be using are the wheels. Got a set of SLW's for it.

LMAO!

So much for that. :hehe:

Badger will also have a spot in the TGN booth and will be broadcasting live which will be cool.

Just don't get to close to Badger while he is driving anything RC related:whhooo:, we all no his track record at RCX while driving RC's, and tell him I said Hi, LOL!!!!

Raising this build from the dead.

I have been accumulating parts for awhile.

1aacial001.jpg

Here is a list of what's shown:

EEM SNG High Clearance MOA Chassis in Delrin
Chaotic Crawlers Steering Link in SS
Rowdy Racing Batt Mount
VP Brass Knuckles
VP Motor Plates
VP Tranny Cases
VP Chubs
VP Lockouts
VP Knuckles
VP Rear Link
VP Front Link
VP Servo Armor
Axial Machined Gear Set
Axial TI Gear Shafts

Got the parts swapped in the front and rear ends.
1aacial002.jpg

1aacial003.jpg

Ready to work on the links.
1aacial006.jpg

Next update will be in a couple of months. LMAO!

That sounds about right, LOL!!! I am looking at your chassis in the pic and it looks really wide like it has a AX10 skid instead of a MOA skid, could just be the pic though.

I want 1 or 2 and I will let u guys build me one let me know when it is on its way to me so I can have batt.s charged and ready to crawl!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidden I have been looking at these crawler threads to try and figure out what it is I want to do...... I want to build one I just don't know where to start yet.... Still trying to figure out what me and the boy really want...

That sounds about right, LOL!!! I am looking at your chassis in the pic and it looks really wide like it has a AX10 skid instead of a MOA skid, could just be the pic though.

It's 2.25" wide so it should be the right one.

Man that bitch is sexy! Nice expensive coin drop so far into it but it is sexy

I was going to keep this one mostly stock. LMAO

Once you start down the path, it's hard to stop.

I'll probably get an Axial Wraith. That one I will keep stock.:ahem:

It's 2.25" wide so it should be the right one.

That sounds right, must just be the pic, have you ordered some RC4WD gears for it yet? Thry have been holding up the best from what I have seen and I have bound my rig up good with no failure running them.:D

I'll be using the Axial machined gear set to start. When they fail, I will go RC4WD.

Less than 2 weeks and another update.:D

Went with Chaotic Crawlers Ti lower links. I tried mounting Ti uppers, but had issues with clearance. I was going to do a little bending on them, but decided to bend on some Axial 30 degree tubes instead to see how it worked out. Using my arbor press and the aluminum handle from an xacto knife as a die worked pretty good.

Using Traxxas 3.5" Big Bores with Axial black on the back and Losi golds on the front to start out with.

Wheelbase is sitting at a tad over 12-3/8" right now. Belly clearance is at 3".

Also got the Rowdy battery mount installed.

1axr10s001.jpg

1axr10s002.jpg

1axr10s003.jpg

1axr10s004.jpg

1axr10s005.jpg

1axr10s006.jpg

Now I need to figure out how I am going to squeeze the electronics in.

1axr10s007.jpg

---------- Post added at 4:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:09 PM ----------

I have a 35mm film can on the rear motor. Still need to locate another one for the front.

Looking great Rob!

---------- Post added at 5:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:27 PM ----------

Boss claws are so bad ass too, you will dig em.

Wow only 2 weeks between posts!!! LOL!!! Looks like it is coming together real nice Rob, what is your wheel base at ride height and fully compressed? Just in case you didn't know that is how they tech now days.

At no point does it exceed 12.5" so I'm good.