XR10 (My Chris-Craft Project)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the progress Rob....................:hehe:

Thanks. LOL

I blame Halo Reach on the XBox 360.

When I get the rear lockouts from Vanquish next week, I plan on finishing this up. My plan to keep this stock went out the window. LOL

Had to order parts and hardware 3 times to get everything I needed.

creeeeeaaaaaakkkkkkk.....

Opening this one back up.

Just got the confirmation that the last of the machined gears I ordered back in mid Jan has shipped.

The pile of upgrade parts will be complete soon and then all I have to do is start over on this build essentially.

I should have it done by Fall. LOL

Just thought I would help out with an update photo. :hehe:

1asell025.jpg

LMFAO!

I do actually have the axles put together. I even have pics, but never got around to posting them.

I will be taking the axles apart to install all the new stuff.

Never got the chance to destroy all stock bearings and gears, cheater.

As soon as I saw there was a problem I decided to shelf it until the solutions were released. Having my Mosi to mess with made it an easy choice.

Of course now I think I have toasted the front worm/spool in my Mosi so it's out of commission as well. I will be replacing the gears with the new HD gear set.

From what i been reading the stock gears are not doing so bad if you run the VP motor plate and tranny case.

As far as you getting it done by fall, well we will believe it when we see it, LOL!!!!!

From what i been reading the stock gears are not doing so bad if you run the VP motor plate and tranny case.

As far as you getting it done by fall, well we will believe it when we see it, LOL!!!!!

Thats the problem with reading, its not as truthful as the real thing :D People even blow up HR gears with all the other hop ups so nothings bullet proof really.

Thats the problem with reading, its not as truthful as the real thing :D People even blow up HR gears with all the other hop ups so nothings bullet proof really.

That is true, nothing is bullet proof, there will always be a weak link somewhere, on my shafty it was the CVD's, I am sure I will have some gears go eventually.

Haha I did get mine built first. Woooo lol, but I need an adapter for my rig so u can use the radio I bought. I think its bad with all the plastic because when I upgrade it gives a reason for my wife to yell, because to her its just a toy.... I loved the building though it was fun

I am starting to lean towards dumping the stock chassis and going with a SNG HC for this.

I would love to see you run a HC Rob. I've not ran a better setup than what I'm running now, ever, my berg didnt even make lines I make now. Pm'ing some info your way....

Whe EEM HC is what I am getting too down the road, other chassis look lame and I loved my shafty EEM chassis, so might as well stick with whats good imho

EEM SNG HC MOA in Delrin has been ordered this morning.

Should have it by the end of the week. Too bad I will be at RCX all weekend.

I love EEM and now jealous your getting that lol:hehe: