Xmaxx8s just had too!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've yet to see one in person, even my LHS doesn't have it on display like the Arrmas. I know the size of the Arrma Outcast 8s is just crazy huge.
I've wanted the Xmax for ever though.
Is about the same size.. the arrma trucks are more of a truggy and they have a wider stance. They are built more for speed and handling. Yeah you can bash and jump them to the moon..But the Xmaxx is a monster truck.. built for pure bashing and jumping and anything else you can think of... yea the X is built with plastic.. but when you break something.. It doesn't coast as much as buying the whole truck.. its 12$ for the arms and I believe under 50$ for the whole chassis... As where the arrma trucks are built with alot of aluminum. The kraton 8s chassis alone is 120-220$.depending on what aluminum you want.. And if you want the exb 7075 5mm. It's more I believe.plus you get more give and flex with plastic then aluminum..IMO... but I'm sure there are people that will argue that the arrma are stronger then the traxxas..🙊🙊🙉🙉 .I have the X and I will get the Kra8 in the next yr or so... maybe tax returns.. one day I will have them both....🤪😜🤣🤣

I'll own one someday.
Yeah you will bud.. Be a good boy and 🎅 might bring you one.....😉🤣🤣 I couldn't wait for him this yr.. I had to take matters into my own hands....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My apologies if I missed it @StonerRC365 but what motor and esc are you running in your XMaxx?
Honestly I still run the stock set up. ESC and motor.. the velineon 8s ESC and the stock 1275kv motor in my X. Never had a issue with it. Running 20/50 pinon/spur. With harden steel gears

Ah ok. I think I'm going with the Hobbywing Max6 with 1100KV motor. That seems to be a popular recommended combo.

Ah ok. I think I'm going with the Hobbywing Max6 with 1100KV motor. That seems to be a popular recommended combo.
If you're going to do that then why not just put the 160A Firma ESC with the Firma 1250kv motor in it? Its cheaper and the ESC is the same ESC just rebranded. Its the same set up the Kraton 8S comes with stock. and the K8 is like 10lbs heavier than the Xmaxx

Well I would but lately the Max's have been cutting out mid runs. Then coming back on. No over heat no LVC just cut out. Castle also has better programming. And it has the data logging. Can connect to a PC and get info about your entire session. Motor/esc temps volts drawn. Lilo volts. Throttle response. The list goes on so you can super fine tune it..also the HW motors have rubber sealed bearings. The xastles run metal Shield bearings. Less resistance and dint have a chance of melting and failing for heat.

If you're going to do that then why not just put the 160A Firma ESC with the Firma 1250kv motor in it? Its cheaper and the ESC is the same ESC just rebranded. Its the same set up the Kraton 8S comes with stock. and the K8 is like 10lbs heavier than the Xmaxx
Never thought to put in a spectrum. THANKS for a different idea I will look into that one sir . And yes that kra8 tank of yours Is very heavy for Rc truck 😲🤦🏻‍♂️.. It's all the dam aluminum... 🤣🤣🤣

I just may do that, thanks.
I mean I almost put a HW max5. In mine when I first bought it.. Because that's what everyone said and all reviews said. Plus from the beginning Traxxas never had good electronics. Or known for their electronics.. And everyone was firing the esc on the X maxx. And didn't want to spend alot of money. On a new one like castle's monster esc when they first came out. Just before the X maxx did..

This has the smart data wire on it, can I still run other batteries with the spektrum ic5 plug that's included?

This has the smart data wire on it, can I still run other batteries with the spektrum ic5 plug that's included?
I cut off the traxxas connector I put a XT-90 on it... if you make adapter from the IC5 to what your running more of. But then that adds resistance of the power being drawn from you batteries...

I realize that adds resistance and I don't want that for sure. I also don't want to change out all the connectors on the batteries I use. The smart wire going on with the spektrum esc is what I am wondering about. I don't want to buy spektrum batteries just so I can use the spektrum esc. See what I'm trying to say?:)
I use XT90s on all of my rigs but not sure how that works with the supplied smart wire on the spektrum esc.
I'm sold by Hobbywing so that's probably the direction I'm going. Cost doesn't bother me.

I realize that adds resistance and I don't want that for sure. I also don't want to change out all the connectors on the batteries I use. The smart wire going on with the spektrum esc is what I am wondering about. I don't want to buy spektrum batteries just so I can use the spektrum esc. See what I'm trying to say?:)
I use XT90s on all of my rigs but not sure how that works with the supplied smart wire on the spektrum esc.
It doesn't do anything with out the spectrum smart batteries. I believe. It's the smart since. With their smart lipos and esc. Delivers live data to the spectrum controller
Here's they break down of the new smart sence line

"Spektrum Smart Technology: Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology" https://www.spektrumrc.com/smarttechnology/

I figured as much. So in order to actually use the Spektrum esc I would also have to purchase batteries? I'm just trying to understand the smart data thing. Very cool system no doubt but not very cost affective if I have to buy the batteries also.
Long story short I guess, I'll stay with my first choice and get the Hobbywing if I'm understanding it correctly.

I figured as much. So in order to actually use the Spektrum esc I would also have to purchase batteries? I'm just trying to understand the smart data thing. Very cool system no doubt but not very cost affective if I have to buy the batteries also.
Long story short I guess, I'll stay with my first choice and get the Hobbywing if I'm understanding it correctly.
You dont have to have spektrum batteries. It works fine with any batteries. I dont have spektrum batteries. The "smart" wire doesn't do anything without a smart battery plugged in to it but the ESC will work fine without it. If you use EC5 connectors they are directly compatible with IC5 plugs. If you dont use EC5s on your batteries and you dont want to change connectors on the ESC then just use adapters. I use adapters in my K8 and dont have any issues. Even with EC5 to Deans connectors. If you're using XT90s then adapters definitely wont be an issue.

I have a couple Hobbywing systems so I'm going to stick with my original plan. Thanks for the info though guys.

Back