Maryland David's Basement Mini Track (private - just for show)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Cleaned up the front of the basement today
Over the weekend I'm going to make some mini ramps and table tops. Using left over boxes. Gonna run the Mini B on it and see how it does. The track would be too small for 1/10 but might try the wheeler on it. Basement is average sized. Estimate of 7 by 5 feet of free carpet space I have. Once i move my monitor and chairs and such around should have a little more. Have mini cones to make the track outline. gonna try to have a straight but the straight is only going to be around 10 feet. Mini B might have still too much power, I can probably turn down the punch in the esc and lower the throttle EPA.

Only going to set up the track maybe one day over the weekend. Also private. Just a little fun thing for me so I can do RC over the weekends as no one can take me to an actual track.

Earlier in the year I was thinking about just doing to the baseball diamond/s around since no one uses them no more. But I don't have dirt tires.

One thing I would like is a timing system but that's way to expensive and un-needed if it is just for me. Only have the Mini B to run on this sadly.

More pics coming soon!

Already made a little table top thing. Should be fun. But more fun if I had more space

And thinking about this, hopefully next summer I can go up to @Smilinbri 's track. :)

i might crash into your wall though....
Don't, please 🤣
Don't, please 🤣
Well, do you have a mini or micro car?

If I were in Mini Z, Mini Z would be better for a small basement track than mini offroad. - But onroad seems too boring, and dirt oval seems alot more boring since your only turning left like nascar. And thats why I prefer F1 over nascar.

Little view of the table top
20231205_172000.jpg
20231205_172012.jpg
20231205_172029.jpg

Last edited:
dirt oval seems alot more boring since your only turning left
I thought the same thing until I started racing it. Turns out it's harder than it looks and actually a lot of fun. Watching nascar on TV is still boring but live is a blast.

This is an estimate still by calculating it with my feet.
If I cleared everything out of the way. I could possibly have 11x11 feet of free (track) space. Its almost the same size as what mark did here:
I also like this garage track. He used outdoor type carpet.
Obviously my mini track won't be permanently there. I would most likely only do it on a saturday and or sunday for like a hour or 2 as me and my dad are in the basement all of the time.

Mini track won't be good for this weekend. Probably gonna set it up during winter break

Had some issues with the Mini B such as the battery plug (deans, negative wire keeps breaking off, most likely as I pull the wire and the solder joint isn't that good. Resoldered it back up twice) And I had to solder back up the esc wire that goes to the receiver.

Made some little "roller" jumps a couple days ago

Moved around and cleaned up the surface in the basement

Looks like a 10 feet (long) x 9 feet (wide) of space I have. Seems perfect for the mini b, just can't get to full throttle most of the time.

Maybe on some other weekend I might take the jumps outside and use them on the parking pad which is larger.

Put the Mini B carpet tires back on and lowered the ride height.

Seriously though that's pretty cool, wish I had the space to do things like that.
I made space, but don't have alot of it
I would like more so I can run the 10th scales. But life doesn't let me go to a actual track currently, and both tracks are an hour away.
What's a basement?
They don't have those in California?

What's a basement?

Seriously though that's pretty cool, wish I had the space to do things like that.
In Florida it's the concrete room out back on the patio filled with water. 🤣 wish we had basements here.

wish we had basements here.
Couple friends in Virginia (around Richmond), which have newer houses (built in the last 4 years) don't have basements.
Up here in MD, we live in a smaller area of the bigger area. Row-homes. Built in the 50s / 60s. All of basements and made out of brick.

I made space, but don't have alot of it
I would like more so I can run the 10th scales. But life doesn't let me go to a actual track currently, and both tracks are an hour away.

They don't have those in California?
I used to live in Connecticut as a kid and we had huge basements. We used to shoot our BB guns down there, had a BB trap at the end to of it, safely located right by the door to the garage. Luckily (wisely) we always stopped shooting when my father drove into the garage. That would have been the end of your BB guns.

No RCs but we there are a lot of Hot Wheels that met a dusty grave under the long stair case.

In Florida it's the concrete room out back on the patio filled with water. 🤣 wish we had basements here.
Got one of those here is Cali, but we don't have it stocked with alligators. Just frogs and the occasional rat. I've also pulled two possums out of it.

Couple friends in Virginia (around Richmond), which have newer houses (built in the last 4 years) don't have basements.
Up here in MD, we live in a smaller area of the bigger area. Row-homes. Built in the 50s / 60s. All of basements and made out of brick.
Here in Florida we hit the water table too quickly. In some places the aquifer is extremely close to the surface. Empty and even full pools as well as gas tanks at the gas station have been pushed out of the ground due to the pressure in the aquifer!

I'd hate for that to be my house!

Looking at both astro turf and grey outdoor carpet. Its expensive if you want anything big like that. 7.5ft by 11ft roll of turf is 240 dollars :oops:
Lowes 7.5x11 Turf Roll
RC Carpet Outdoor EOS and Indoor ETS
Sommer Flooring RC Carpet
Dang, those astro turf have really gone up in price in the last 15 years. I got mine from Home Depot, at about 17ft in length and I believe in cost me about $80 if I recall correctly. This is what my 1/32 slot car still lies on today.
slot track.jpg

Back