Xmaxx8s just had too!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple Hobbywing systems so I'm going to stick with my original plan. Thanks for the info though guys.
Sounds like a plan bud👍👍. Yeah the hobbywing set up is a good set up. Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on HW. It's just me and how I think..But I would definitely see if you can run a different motor or just change the bearings in the HW.. I would hate for you to spend the $$ then a few weeks later or months later. The motor craps out because of the bearings. Can't wait to follow your build bud. Your going to have a blast building it. Do you have any other ideas. OR a plan as to how and what your going to build it with besides the max6 1100kv?

This is a learning process but I will upgrade some parts. Only plan I have right now is the widemax kit..
I don't bash hard and where we run at the sand dunes, it's pretty mellow jumps with soft landings. It's just the fun of building it that I will enjoy.
Like I mentioned before, I have two HW systems already with zero issues.
I have a HW system in my Stampede 4x4 and my Typhon Mega, fully modded I might add. It will handle 4s but I run 2s which is plenty for where I run.

This is a learning process but I will upgrade some parts. Only plan I have right now is the widemax kit..
I don't bash hard and where we run at the sand dunes, it's pretty mellow jumps with soft landings. It's just the fun of building it that I will enjoy.
Like I mentioned before, I have two HW systems already with zero issues.
I have a HW system in my Stampede 4x4 and my Typhon Mega, fully modded I might add. It will handle 4s but I run 2s which is plenty for where I run.
Those done have the max5 in them right?🤔 I hate to tell you this but the widemaxx kit . Is only for the maxx 4s truck. Won't fit or work on the X.. But you can get the NEW traxxas HD A arms.. they are supposed to be made for cold weather and strong as fu*k. I ordered a set of blue one 12$ for a lower and 10 for 2) upper about 70$ before shipping just around 80.. As the RPM set is 27$ for one tire. So just around 100$ before shipping. But we will see this weekend. I hope if they show up...👍👍👍👍

Ok thanks, that's good info. Don't be afraid to tell me anything about the Xmaxx, I know nothing. :p
So scratch the widemax kit..;)
Regardless of what set I buy, I'm a sucker for soaking in WD40.

Ok thanks, that's good info. Don't be afraid to tell me anything about the Xmaxx, I know nothing. :p
So scratch the widemax kit..;)
Regardless of what set I buy, I'm a sucker for soaking in WD40.
100% agree once my arms come in got a zip lock bag waiting for them it's been proven it works add flexibility to plastics. 🤣🤣👍👍. If you want to know something or have a ? Just ask I will be honest with you. I'm not a super fan boy. I don't like the electronics. But haven't had a issue . But once I do there gone.🤣🤣

I honestly don't believe in the fanboy stuff. We like what we like and depending on my mood , I let it decide what rig to use for the day.
If guys are dedicated to one particular brand then so be it. Nothing wrong with that.
I should have paid more attention, I see the widemax kit is for the maxx. Thanks again... ;)

Last edited:
I honestly don't believe in the fanboy stuff. We like what we like and depending on my mood , I let it decide what rid to use for the day.
If guys are dedicated to one particular brand then so be it. Nothing wrong with that.
I should have paid more attention, I see the widemax kit is for the maxx. Thanks again... ;)
No problem bud 👍 👍

Back