Would these make good snow tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say those will probably be good in snow LOL should throw some killer rooster tails!

Well if you did get them iam sure they would be kicking up alot of snow so is everything waterproff? they might be good for the rears maybe like ribbed for the front iam not sure I've neer ran a R/C car in the snow yet what kind of car?

I havve a rc10gt with a .15 cvrx so it will really be kickin up some roost.I dont have it water profed yet but i was just going to use some silicone and greas on it. I have herd about plasistics becoming brittle in the cold so i got rpm everything.yea i will be running the ribbed tires in the front

Hmmm well even RPM can break in really cold like snow just be carefull but sounds cool to me try it without them and see what happends you might like how you spin out or something.

These are ProLine's Maxx Paddles. I'm gonna see how they do in the snow.

sandrail1.jpg

Nice truck man now I want a pair of those things. But it dosent really snow that much here but if it does iam getting a set.

It doesn't snow here either. I'd have to drive up hill to it. I bought 'em for the sand.

But they sure look like they'd hook some snow.

I think it would be cool to stud a set of old tires. I have yet to see anyone do this.

I think the padle tires would work better in the snow. The stude would just fly out as the tires spun faster

Well you can always make a set of tire chains.

Originally posted by mcvickj
I think it would be cool to stud a set of old tires. I have yet to see anyone do this.

Like this?

studs1.jpg

It's my old Radio Shack electric.

studs2.jpg

I cut the heads off a bunch of aluminum tacks and superglued 'em in there. They grab, they're just not real well-balanced.

Hmm that is a good idea but like you said that they are off balance. That would be a good effician way but if its going on a 2wd vehicle it dosent matter too much but on a 4wd it would proably effect it more. Snow chains like I said would be a good idea you wouldnt wreck a pair of tires the hard part would be making them. Since you are going to be running a R/C10 GT 2wd you just need to make 2 and should be easy to put on and take off the only thing i can see wrong would be the price taking all that chain then somehow forming it.

Well I guess your best bet would be the tires then hmmm rig something on each tire on each tire induidvially SP? make some sort of thing to fit on your RC front tires like bend some metal then some how mount them on the tire so they both turn induividually.

The paddles would be good for driving straight and soon as you need to turn I don't think they'll do to good as the paddles will act as rails. I would use the savage stock tires as they have a good thread and are softer compound. Which would be better in the cold. Just my thoughts on it is all.

Originally posted by wdavidhicks

Like this?

studs1.jpg

It's my old Radio Shack electric.

studs2.jpg

I cut the heads off a bunch of aluminum tacks and superglued 'em in there. They grab, they're just not real well-balanced.

WHOA. Very cool. :thumbup: I was thinking of just using self tapping hex head drywall screws and screwing em into the tire. Just a thought....

LOL you know whats funny I just snowed here didnt stick tho.

Paddles would work great in snow, excepting the fact that you will be more prone to dig your RC into the snow with them. Depending on the depth of the snow and how quickly you drop the hammer, you may find your truck/car disappear. I've run my Maxx and my Savage in snow. The stock T-Maxx tires and my ProLine Maxx Mashers both did well.

My Jumbo Kongs rock in the snow! good rooster tails, pretty much floats on the snow and climbs the drifts without any probs.......